Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nolan Hickman is a Zag

Absolutely loved Julian's tweet, about ten down from the top. Monday's intrasquad games are going to be wars.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    Hickman coming to Gonzaga is great but it only comes in second for me today. My 10 year old grand daughter hit a softball off the top of the fence on a 150' softball field. I knew she was really good, but I wasn't expecting that. Hey folks, I got a budding super star in my family, and it isn't this proud papa.
    Awesome! Big D had a triple today in his game...his plate is full. Playing baseball and flag fb...last week, he took it to the house twice, 50+ yard run and reception. He also made the all star team, so his summer, and ours, will be full.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    I have no hint as to how Few will fit all these stars on the court. it's just too much. Kaden returns healthy to help Timme and with Chet being a history maker as a stretch 3 or 4 plus with the four guards, it's a bit dizzying. Add in Strawther and Anton( if he comes around)...... It's nearly impossible to get all these kids time. I'm wondering if we've seen the last of our own kids hitting the transfer portal. A title team in one thing but the talent level is just spectacular. I hope Few molds a tough team.....as we saw in our last game of the year, toughness with attitude matters. I wouldn't want to play us over the next few years.... in some ways it's too bad we can't play the preseason top 5 in the OOC.
    I'd be surprised if anyone else transfers

The player that takes the biggest hit imo is Harris. Hopefully we can keep him involved.
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    The player that takes the biggest hit imo is Harris. Hopefully we can keep him involved.
    Only if he is outperformed by Sallis, Hickman, Bolton AND Nembhard. He’ll have a good shot, to be sure.

Going to be a lot of nba scouts at GU games.

I don’t see this at all. There’s 120 minutes at the one thru three spots and six guys to take minutes. That assumes everyone is ready to play and healthy. Plus, Strawther can play minutes in a small ball lineup at the four. What you can do is get minutes for the top nine during the year and then you’ll be fresher and well prepared later in the season.

Hickman is a real player and Coach loves two distributors on the floor at the same time. He will play for sure and I could see him starting by mid season if not before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dom is just fine .... and along with Strawther remains a HUGE part of the future of this program. Both of those guys are ready .... and I can’t wait to see them hit the floor next season.

“To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
    ——-
    Some cherry picked stats

Most NCAA TOURNAMENT wins since 2015
    Gonzaga 20, Nova 17, UNC 16, Duke 15, Kentucky 13, Michigan 13, Virginia 11, Baylor 9
    -----
    Most FINAL FOUR wins since 2017
    UNC 2, Nova 2, Virginia 2, Baylor 2, Gonzaga 2, Michigan 1, TexasTech 1, Kentucky 0, Duke 0, Kansas 0

Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    It’s official. He’s a Zag

39:55

https://youtu.be/R_JyckgPsQE

Edit: I’m being accused of posting this from CaldwellZag’s site. I am not a paying member there. I first saw it on CougarBoard. My guess is whoever posted it there was watching BYU’s own commits graduating from Wasatch Academy, which is in Utah, and posted the Hickman news specifically:

https://www.cougarboard.com/board/me...ml?id=26139205

All cool man, this was a public video and I know there was a tweet that went out right away as well. No hard feelings from me on you posting this, I have been telling people on my site for weeks he would be a Zag, so glad it was announced!

I'll admit, I don't know much about Nolan, but the board here seems to be high on him. Better to have too much talent than too little.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, AND WE STILL ENDED UP AT THE KENNEL !

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    All cool man, this was a public video and I know there was a tweet that went out right away as well. No hard feelings from me on you posting this, I have been telling people on my site for weeks he would be a Zag, so glad it was announced!
    Love this! You are a class act, caldwellzag.

Unrelated note, as fun as it is I’m just gonna try and chill on speculating about starters and rotation players. All that matters is that these players come together, understand competing against one another in practice makes each of them better individually then trust Coach Few’s decisions when it comes to starting and mpg. Team goals over me goals will make for a special season and bright future for all these guys. #ZagUp
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Love this! You are a class act, caldwellzag.

Unrelated note, as fun as it is I’m just gonna try and chill on speculating about starters and rotation players. All that matters is that these players come together, understand competing against one another in practice makes each of them better individually then trust Coach Few’s decisions when it comes to starting and mpg. Team goals over me goals will make for a special season and bright future for all these guys. #ZagUp
    Yeah, I'm not even going to bother trying to figure out the rotation. Rosters like these don't come along very often. As long as everyone buys in, this should be another very special season.

Welcome Nolan!!!!!
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    Only if he is outperformed by Sallis, Hickman, Bolton AND Nembhard. He’ll have a good shot, to be sure.

Going to be a lot of nba scouts at GU games.
    And don't forget Martynas Arlauskas...I would guess he'll get minutes as well or he would have transferred with the other two...JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    And don't forget Martynas Arlauskas...I would guess he'll get minutes as well or he would have transferred with the other two...JMHO
    I highly doubt Martynas gets minutes outside of garbage time. He’s happy here. That’s why he’s still on the team, and good on him for that.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    I highly doubt Martynas gets minutes outside of garbage time. He’s happy here. That’s why he’s still on the team, and good on him for that.
    And, it was pointed out, he has a love interest here on the GU campus.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Red face This's historical...

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/b...nzaga-bulldogs

:]

<Do wonder, though, why Fanbo's still there. Also, I think Nolan is "signed" (not "committed").>

https://247sports.com/college/gonzag...tball/Commits/
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

ESPN NBA draft expert Jonathan Givony is one of the best in the biz. This is what he had to say about Nolan:

Hickman is ranked No. 22 overall in the ESPN 100 for 2021, slotting in as the No. 5 point guard.

ESPN NBA draft expert Jonathan Givony has Hickman projected as a first-round pick in his latest 2022 mock draft. Givony wrote that Hickman was one of the more impressive prospects at the recent Iverson Classic practices in Memphis.

"[Hickman] looked even better when surrounded by talent, quickly proving to be one of the best ball handlers and passers in attendance," he wrote. "Always under control thanks to the unique pace he operates, Hickman is one of the more advanced pick-and-roll players in this class, stringing out his dribble, changing speeds out of hesitation moves skillfully and getting to the rim and finishing with impressive craft."
    While no one can replace Suggs and his sense for the moment, what I like about this Hickman commitment is that it gives Gonzaga a chance, once again, to present a 2 man point guard look like they did last season with Suggs and Nemby. Sallis is really more of a combo guard than Suggs and Nemby. It sounds like Hickman is blossoming as a prospect.

Man, the competition at the shooting guard and small forward spots is going to be insane once practice begins. About the only guys who can rest easy are Nemby (PG), Timme (PF - I would be shocked if he doesn't return) and Holmgren (center).

People need to remember that Harris and Strawther were top 60 level recruits in last year's class. They were very good prospects who had to practice against that elite starting lineup. They are not just going to give up and let the newcomers have the starting spots without a fight.

I don't know what the scholarship situation is looking like, but I think Hickman's signing pretty much wraps up the 2021 class. If anything is left, save it for the walk ons or an elite transfer.

And get a home and home set up with Michigan, whose the only other program to have three Burger Boys coming in. College basketball deserves that matchup.

What a shame that the 2021 McDonald's AA Game was cancelled. I wish it could be replayed with everyone having the knowledge that three of the players in the game are coming to Gonzaga.

And now back to Nolan Hickman! ��

Interesting read

https://bustingbrackets.com/2021/05/...gonzaga/amp/2/

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This embarrassment of riches will be fun to watch. Few is pretty remarkable.
    "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Nolan Hickman quickly connects with Gonzaga after decommitting from Kentucky

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...onzaga-after-/

Love Nolan's attitude. We are blessed.

Quote Originally Posted by katman50 View Post
    Love Nolan's attitude. We are blessed.
    Yes we are and have been for some time!

Iron sharpens iron!!! Love the mettle and make of this year’s team! Can’t wait to see which players emerge with minutes! Hoping they all stick it out, grow, and become great Zags with plenty of PT!!!
    Getting vaccinated isn’t a political issue. It’s a statistical issue of which the evidence of the safety and effectiveness of the vaccines are abundantly clear. Staying unvaccinated is denying reality around you.