Thread: Rivals150 Final HS Rankings

Default Rivals150 Final HS Rankings

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2021

Sallis drops 26 spots to number 33 overall and a 4*. Hickman moves to #20 overall and a 5*. Chet stays at #1, Kaden at #52.

They must have not liked what they saw from Hunter at Iverson. Stars are subjective, but what this indicates to me and also what I have heard from others who have seen him is that he has the raw tools to be great, but he needs to polish his overall game to get there. I stand by my last projection-- Bolton for sure gets a starting spot over Hunter.. whether Hunter starts in a 3 guard lineup we will see. Hickman is the more defined player right now and Harris may be as well.

My hope is that Harris, Hunter and Hickman will be our starting back court in 2022-23.

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post

Sallis drops 26 spots to number 33 overall and a 4*. Hickman moves to #20 overall and a 5*. Chet stays at #1, Kaden at #52.

They must have not liked what they saw from Hunter at Iverson. Stars are subjective, but what this indicates to me and also what I have heard from others who have seen him is that he has the raw tools to be great, but he needs to polish his overall game to get there. I stand by my last projection-- Bolton for sure gets a starting spot over Hunter.. whether Hunter starts in a 3 guard lineup we will see. Hickman is the more defined player right now and Harris may be as well.

My hope is that Harris, Hunter and Hickman will be our starting back court in 2022-23.
    The 3-H club? That's a precipitous drop for Hunter. No dispatch I read indicated he'd played so poorly at Iverson as to be penalized like this. Hickman is the flavor of the month, I get that. And he reportedly played well.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    The 3-H club? That's a precipitous drop for Hunter. No dispatch I read indicated he'd played so poorly at Iverson as to be penalized like this. Hickman is the flavor of the month, I get that. And he reportedly played well.
    26 spots is a lot!!

If memory serves, I can recall other GU recruits dropping once they committed to GU, so is this just another instance of that happening here?

Where is he ranked on the other boards?

7th at 247.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    If memory serves, I can recall other GU recruits dropping once they committed to GU, so is this just another instance of that happening here?
    Yep, all too common. Hope he's the type of guy that will see that, take it with a grain of salt, but still use it as fuel for the fire

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post

It's Rivals... they have fallen off many years ago. Plus think this is the typical Zag commit drop... they'd do it to Chet but know they'd look like fools doing so. Hope Hunter takes it as an insult and proves them wrong
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

From what I’ve seen, this kid looks like a fierce competitor. Would not be the least bit shocked to look back a year from now and learn that this fueled him to take the college basketball world by storm with superior play

In other words, folks are assuming that some pundit is better at player evaluation than Mark Few.

Fine with me. It will just make player development look that much better. In fact, player development is often cited as the primary draw by new players. Logical conclusion: The drop may eventually help perception more than hurt it.

Either way, Mark Few wins.
    Last edited by MickMick; 05-13-2021 at 04:51 PM.
    I miss Mike Hart

Perry got the Zag bump and Sallis got the Zag drop....... ok.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    It’s pretty pathetic that they make these huge chances after just one game. As if 4 seasons wasn’t enough lol. Tyty jumped up about 50 spots in the last month and gained a star, Sallis loses one and drops a bunch. Just ridiculous. 24:7>>>>
    Qualified for 23 Straight Big Dances

12 Straight Round of 32s

11 Sweet Sixteens (6 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

247 just updated their final rankings a week ago and they have him at 7.

From The Athletic:

Hunter Sallis
    2020-21: Senior, Millard North High School (Nebraska)

Before Holmgren committed, Sallis held the tag as the highest-ranked player to commit to Gonzaga, narrowly edging Suggs, who took the title last year. Yet Sallis is that rarity among great high schoolers — he’s a dominant player who doesn’t have to dominate.

A McDonald’s All-American who as a senior averaged 22 points, 5 rebounds and 4 assists, Sallis was clearly the best player on his high school team, but he never played like he had to prove it. That will fit in perfectly with his role at Gonzaga.

He could easily slide into Ayayi’s starting spot, and has the skill set to fill it. Equally quick and versatile, he’s a terrific athlete who’s especially effective in the open floor. But like Ayayi, he has other backcourt options, in Nembhard and Bolton, and will be as important as a facilitator as he is a scorer. “He’s not some high-volume alpha that has to dominate,’’ Michaelson says. “He’s incredibly unselfish yet very capable of scoring.’’
    https://theathletic.com/2584679/2021...rce=dailyemail
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

And who evaluates the evaluators? Rankings like these are much like selection Sunday. You may get the field right in terms of who's in or who's not. But individual performance has nothing to do with your ranking in high school once you hit the college hardwood. Like everything in life, all that matters is how much effort you put into what you do each day forward.

Dana O'Neill wrote the article. She's top notch. I think the Athletic is superior. The subscription is well worth it. That article, to me, indicates we'll be top 1-3 this up coming season Hard to argue with being undefeated but the OOC is so key. We need a strong OOC.
    Last edited by MDABE80; 05-14-2021 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    this is the typical Zag commit drop... they'd do it to Chet but know they'd look like fools doing so.
    I don't remember the details, but I read some years ago what seemed like a pretty good analysis of why the recruiting sites are biased toward the treditional power schools, because they are the sites' primary revenue source.

Default It's about football

A lot of it has to do with football and the amount of dollars it brings in terms of readership. It is nearly impossible to maintain a basketball site at even 247 if you do not have a football team. Football is the driving force unless you're Duke or someone like that. I personally feel that 247 and ESPN are superior basketball scouting services than Rivals and have felt that way for a long time anyway.

Wonder where he would have moved to if he would have went to duke or Kansas ? I bet he Would have at least stayed the same if he had of went to Kansas, and moved up no telling how many places if he would have went to duke. Even Baldwin jr. dropped a spot in the rankings, because he chose to play for his dad instead of playing for duke. I am suprised that Banchero didn't move up ahead of Chet, because he picked duke.

It seems like several posters on the board here have dropped Sallis in their rankings. Dropped from a top 5 (?) in the country to not good enough to start.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?