Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 36 of 36

Thread: The Perimeter with Adam Morrison - Mark Few

  1. #26

    Default F Bombs

    Quote Originally Posted by Therunner View Post
    It's unfortunate so many loyal, die-hard Zag fans miss out on this interview b/c they refuse to listen to Adam given his use of the f-word.

    It isnt utilized in a derogatory way which is the only thing that gives it power anyway.

    I've had several Zags fans/alumni/posters tell me they won't even entertain this podcast as a result. not kidding, as much as I try to share/sell it, they won't do it after listening to the first one by Ammo.

    Everyone has a choice yet sad they are missing such great overall content because they are offended by a word.

    Ever notice Adam refrains from using other words such as God D**m and says Gosh Darn instead? It's purposeful. So what he emphasizes words/moments with eff bombs, you could tell it didn't phase Coach Few.

    Ever watch the Gonzaga HBO special? Mr Gonzaga - Tommy Lloyd was dropping eff bombs galore...

    You are missing out if you don't tune in as a Zag fan.
    Regarding Morrison's F-BOMBS. I was in confession a few months ago going through my usual litany of sins, and said, "I used the name of God in vain". The priest replied, "What word did you use". I said "The F-word". He replied, (paraphrasing) " Using the F- word in not a sin, because it has nothing to do with God, however it does demonstrate laziness on your part, because of an unwillingness to master the English language, since you probably can't come up with the proper noun, verb, adverb or adjective at that moment and you substitute it with the F-word" He continued, " if that is the case, your sin in not using the F-word, rather it is laziness'! So, don't use it!

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,408

    Default

    While it certainly shouldn't be welcome in some places (wouldn't fly on the Mark Few Show or a game broadcast for example ) swearing can be a wonderful art form used for humor, emotional resilience, and creative expression. A lot of my favorite screenplays, songs, etc are very explicit and I wouldn't have them any other way.

    I'd hardly accuse Adam of being lazy....these are really impressive interviews in my opinion. I didn't care about the subject matter of the DJ Skee episode at all going in and still found it pretty engaging.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Fat City
    Posts
    394

    Default

    I love the f#%K word
    Love sayin' it, love hearin' it . . .

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Napa, CA
    Posts
    4,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by delco55 View Post
    Regarding Morrison's F-BOMBS. I was in confession a few months ago going through my usual litany of sins, and said, "I used the name of God in vain". The priest replied, "What word did you use". I said "The F-word". He replied, (paraphrasing) " Using the F- word in not a sin, because it has nothing to do with God, however it does demonstrate laziness on your part, because of an unwillingness to master the English language, since you probably can't come up with the proper noun, verb, adverb or adjective at that moment and you substitute it with the F-word" He continued, " if that is the case, your sin in not using the F-word, rather it is laziness'! So, don't use it!
    Well stated by the priest. While there may be contexts in which the use of that word is sinful, it isn't inherently sinful. Obscenity and vulgarity might be offensive to many (I prefer to avoid them myself), but they aren't always and everywhere wrong.
    Profanity is what violates the commandments, as profanity deals with taking something that is sacred and in some way desacralizing it.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,708

    Default

    I can't remember who the former coach who became an assistant but I assumed he had a lot to do with our new defensive look. It might have been coach G.
    If you want to be happy tomorrow, think good thoughts today--Bud Fisher


    .
    .

  6. #31
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    San Diego, Ca.
    Posts
    8,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zag buddy View Post
    I can't remember who the former coach who became an assistant but I assumed he had a lot to do with our new defensive look. It might have been coach G.
    Yep.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    833

    Default

    I though it was Ken Bone.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    University Place, WA (aka Chambers Bay)
    Posts
    5,473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    I though it was Ken Bone.
    The defense was significantly improved with Ray Giacoletti's arrival as an Assistant Coach. The two years before he arrived GU's defensive efficiency ranked 135 and 174. The two years after his arrival ranked 41 and 24 and then improved from there.

    Ken Bone spent a year at Gonzaga ... not as a coach but Assistant to Mark Few (he was still being paid his Montana H.C. salary). His sole season at Gonzaga helped the Zags end the season ranked #1 in defensive efficiency.

    I think it's fair to say that both guys were instrumental.

    “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
    ——-
    Some cherry picked stats

    Most NCAA TOURNAMENT wins since 2015
    Gonzaga 20, Nova 17, UNC 16, Duke 15, Kentucky 13, Michigan 13, Virginia 11, Baylor 9
    -----
    Most FINAL FOUR wins since 2017
    UNC 2, Nova 2, Virginia 2, Baylor 2, Gonzaga 2, Michigan 1, TexasTech 1, Kentucky 0, Duke 0, Kansas 0

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    sierra foothills
    Posts
    14,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    The defense was significantly improved with Ray Giacoletti's arrival as an Assistant Coach. The two years before he arrived GU's defensive efficiency ranked 135 and 174. The two years after his arrival ranked 41 and 24 and then improved from there.

    Ken Bone spent a year at Gonzaga ... not as a coach but Assistant to Mark Few (he was still being paid his Montana H.C. salary). His sole season at Gonzaga helped the Zags end the season ranked #1 in defensive efficiency.

    I think it's fair to say that both guys were instrumental.
    Sweet ascendance, and fair indeed. I give Few a lot of the credit too, just for opening himself up to new things, things he didn't know, learning from others, from other programs like his time with Team USA and Billy D, hiring coaches like RG and Bone, etc.

    Some coaches suck at that imo, anchored by ego, but he and his program just sponged it up and both keep evolving

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Napa, CA
    Posts
    4,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    Sweet ascendance, and fair indeed. I give Few a lot of the credit too, just for opening himself up to new things, things he didn't know, learning from others, from other programs like his time with Team USA and Billy D, hiring coaches like RG and Bone, etc.

    Some coaches suck at that imo, anchored by ego, but he and his program just sponged it up and both keep evolving
    That was one of the things that was really clear from this interview, his willingness to grow as a coach.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    4 miles from MAC
    Posts
    4,214

    Default

    Morrison's podcast shows his off court skills from the The Inlander: https://www.inlander.com/spokane/ada...t?oid=21691531

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •