Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Perimeter with Adam Morrison - Mark Few

Default The Perimeter with Adam Morrison - Mark Few

Listen to it!! (That is all.)

sooooooo good, sent it to all my coaching friends, nugget after nugget...and Ammo and Few's relationship out there for us all to see.

Listen to it!!

So much insight about both men in this interview together with how Gonzaga basketball has evolved.

That was a truly remarkable conversation. Yes, there's a handful of f bombs dropped, because that's just who Adam is, but get past those, and the insight and the love between the two of them is beautiful. Can't recommend listening to this enough.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Ammo is a really great interviewer / conversationalist. What makes these podcasts so great is just that, it’s more of a conversation than interview. Also really enjoy that it’s serious conversation throughout...yes, some humor and light hearted banter for sure (Few was great pointing out how Ammo was more of his “golden boy” than Stepp was!), but none of the just silly airtime filler goofiness that so many sports talk type shows devolve into for extended periods.

I downloaded the podcast onto my phone and listened to it while driving to and from work today. Outstanding. Highly recommend all his “The Perimeter” podcasts to date. First was Kispert, then Ayayi then Few.
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    That was a truly remarkable conversation. Yes, there's a handful of f bombs dropped, because that's just who Adam is, but get past those, and the insight and the love between the two of them is beautiful. Can't recommend listening to this enough.
    For those that can't look past the f bombs, I'm very curious what they do for a living, b/c even though I rarely if ever use it myself, I'm surrounded by it on a daily basis. And I worked in corporate world for 5 years and healthcare the last 12 yrs.

I was so critical of the first interviews for the liberal use of the "f" word and I stand by that criticism. But man, what a great discussion with Coach Few. I enjoyed every minute of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Therunner View Post
    For those that can't look past the f bombs, I'm very curious what they do for a living, b/c even though I rarely if ever use it myself, I'm surrounded by it on a daily basis. And I worked in corporate world for 5 years and healthcare the last 12 yrs.
    I can listen to it ignore it but try to screen it from my kids and now grandkids whenever i can....as a cop of 33 years imo can throw it out as good as anyone but have always tried to leave it at the door frame of the house and not ever let the kids or grandkids hear it out off my mouth

So i listen to this free ira brown and others in my car with no one else around. Probably my Irish catholic prudeness upbringing
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

His podcasts shine in depth back room understandings of the nitty gritty of success imo

Good stuff with Coach Few. Great podcast.

I've got many things I loved, but one in particular that I enjoyed was some of the discussion about how Few has grown as a coach, both with changes to his on-court coaching, but also to his off-court coaching, and how the program has grown in conjunction with that.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Having taken a few of Dr. Hazel's communications classes w/ Adam, I'm not surprised how well he's doing in this venture. Just outstanding conversation with Coach Few...so much fun insight into these two men, their relationship, and more broadly the program and its evolution. Adam's candor and honesty are so well suited for this format. I'm left really excited for some of his future conversations. I'd love to hear Stockton, Ronny, and Pangos in particular.

What really stood out to me is the way few talks about Brian Michaelson. It sounds like he is a coaching star in the making that has the full trust of the staff based on the work he has already done. Few even mentioned him as his
    Likely successor

I really enjoyed this interview. Morrison did a really good job and Few provided some interesting insights.
    It's not the size of the Bulldog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the Bulldog!

GO ZAGS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    I've got many things I loved, but one in particular that I enjoyed was some of the discussion about how Few has grown as a coach, both with changes to his on-court coaching, but also to his off-court coaching, and how the program has grown in conjunction with that.
    This.

That was outstanding. The f bombs don’t bother me either.

Great effing interview.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousZ View Post
    That was outstanding. The f bombs don’t bother me either.

Great effing interview.
    It's unfortunate so many loyal, die-hard Zag fans miss out on this interview b/c they refuse to listen to Adam given his use of the f-word.

It isnt utilized in a derogatory way which is the only thing that gives it power anyway.

I've had several Zags fans/alumni/posters tell me they won't even entertain this podcast as a result. not kidding, as much as I try to share/sell it, they won't do it after listening to the first one by Ammo.

Everyone has a choice yet sad they are missing such great overall content because they are offended by a word.

Ever notice Adam refrains from using other words such as God D**m and says Gosh Darn instead? It's purposeful. So what he emphasizes words/moments with eff bombs, you could tell it didn't phase Coach Few.

Ever watch the Gonzaga HBO special? Mr Gonzaga - Tommy Lloyd was dropping eff bombs galore...

You are missing out if you don't tune in as a Zag fan.
    Last edited by Therunner; 05-14-2021 at 03:53 AM.

Mark Few is so damn comfortable in his own skin. He is a very unique mesh of confidence, humility, and honesty. Ponder how difficult it is to pull off all three at the same time, at such a high level. The fact that he granted this type of session to Morrison is all the evidence you need to know what kind of man he is. The coach showed his former player loyalty, honesty, respect, admiration, and appreciation. I'm not surprised that former players typically retain such tribalistic program loyalty. The facilitator at the top has formatted an environment that would naturally induce such sentiment. People like this typically rise to the top in just about any endeavor they pursue.
    I miss Mike Hart

I find Ammo's no BS approach to interviews as refreshing as it is informative.... I think he's found a niche that could prove to be very successful over time if he pursues it...

Just my opinion...

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Anybody else notice the comment's at the 4:19 minute mark where Few mentions those holding it together are Brian Michaelson, Drew Timme and Andrew Nembhard. Is he implying that Drew is for sure coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by Zagcity View Post
    Anybody else notice the comment's at the 4:19 minute mark where Few mentions those holding it together are Brian Michaelson, Drew Timme and Andrew Nembhard. Is he implying that Drew is for sure coming back?
    That’s how I took it

I love the fact that he mentioned that Billy Donovan was where he improved coaching defense and some Shaka Smart. I always chalked it up to his work with Coach K but it was nice to hear where our coaching man defense really improved

Quote Originally Posted by Zagcity View Post
    Yes, definitely noticed that comment and also wondered why Roger Powell was not mentioned as one of the guys
    holding things together.
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Yes, definitely noticed that comment and also wondered why Roger Powell was not mentioned as one of the guys
    holding things together.
    He did mention Coach Powell briefly as coming along or something but yes I noticed that as well.

Adds more pieces to Zag Nation history,
    terrific people terrific info