• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jsnider
    Kennel Club
    • Apr 2020

Kaden Perry - Back Update

Thought I would post this to see if anyone has anything to add on the severity of the injury.

Love the Zags!!!
  • SorenTodd45
    Banned
    • Jan 2019

Let's just hope that Kaden has the best doctors available to him. November is a long way away, though.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
      Zag for Life
      • Oct 2008

There are way too many things it could be to speculate with much usefulness. Shem had that terrible experience with his, which is rare for a young guy, and I think it was complicated by an infection. I’ve seen guys in their twenties ready to rock and roll almost immediately after microdiscectomy/laminectomy decompression surgery (assuming the (almost) worst case scenario; a fusion would be exceedingly rare for his demographic). These were not high level college athletes, though, as far as activity level and physical demands. They usually make you go through 6 weeks of conservative treatment before an MRI unless there are compelling findings on exam/history. Often times an injection is tried before surgery, but if it’s bad enough or the wrong kind of bad (lower extremity weakness, for example) the case could be made for surgery right away. It’s kind of the Wild West with this stuff.

Comment

• Mr Vulture
        Zag for Life
        • May 2008

I'm still thinking its more muscular but I really don't know for sure.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Mr Vulture View Post
          I'm still thinking its more muscular but I really don't know for sure.
          The literature supports the idea that most back issues get better within 6 weeks and the standard of care (at least down here in AZ) is to try to manage things conservatively for 6 weeks before requesting an MRI. You are basically stalling while the body heals itself so that you don’t do unnecessary, invasive procedures. A shot early on is to help with pain and buy time while the body heals itself. It seems that with college and pro athletes they jump ahead in that process as a general rule. A high school kid is probably stuck with the slower approach unless someone wants to pay full price for an MRI.

Comment

• Malastein
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

I hurt my back in college, and was down in bed for 3 days. 3 weeks later I felt back to 100%. Kaden is young and will probably heal quickly. Can’t imagine this being a major issue come summer.
            The only hope we have for a better future is to come together and do everything we possibly can in order to achieve a sustainable existence. Everything else is folly of a broken foundation.

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
              Zag for Life
              • Jun 2007

It seems as if Kaden has had a few injuries. I think we are pretty low on depth next year inside. Maybe we dont give the last scholarship to a walk on and try to get a little more size inside for depth purposes as a precaution to Kaden being ready?

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                Zag for Life
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
                It seems as if Kaden has had a few injuries. I think we are pretty low on depth next year inside. Maybe we dont give the last scholarship to a walk on and try to get a little more size inside for depth purposes as a precaution to Kaden being ready?
                It seems that Few would rather play a small guy at the 4 (eg Kispert, Pendo, Ira!) than a less skilled walk-on.

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jun 2007

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
                  It seems that Few would rather play a small guy at the 4 (eg Kispert, Pendo, Ira!) than a less skilled walk-on.
                  So wouldn’t you agree we should utilize our last scholarship for someone who can actually play and not reward a walk on? The depth inside could be an issue

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                    Zag for Life
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
                    So wouldn’t you agree we should utilize our last scholarship for someone who can actually play and not reward a walk on? The depth inside could be an issue
                    I’m cool with whatever. I probably shouldn’t have posted a reply because it might have come across critical when it wasn’t intended that way. Last year was frustrating for me because we had lack of depth down there despite two 7-footers warming the bench. I always like when a walk-on is rewarded with a scholarship.

Comment

• IowaSERE
                      Bleeds GU Blue
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
                      Gonna see Strawther in that role this year I think.

Comment

• ZagsGoZags
                        Zag for Life
                        • Nov 2007

Strawther lists as a guard
                        but 6'8" and his weight is good size

Comment

• GonzaGAW
                          Zag for Life
                          • Aug 2012

lemme know when someone actually has an update on kaden's back injury

Comment

• Mr Vulture
                            Zag for Life
                            • May 2008

Originally posted by GonzaGAW View Post
                            lemme know when someone actually has an update on kaden's back injury
                            Yep, as usual the subject morphs into something that has nothing to do with the initial subject. It's very irritating for sure.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                              Zag for Life
                              • Oct 2008

Per the Locked on Zags podcast, Kaden Perry has been shut down for the year.

As an aside, per the same podcast, Coach Few is going to be on Ammo's podcast today...

Comment

Working...
                              X