Thread: Favorite Zags Podcasts?

Default Favorite Zags Podcasts?

I might be late to the party but I started listening to several Zags podcasts this season during workouts, etc... Wondering which ones you all listen to and what are your favorites.

edit: tried to make a poll but screwed it up. Here are the choices

Dickau: Field of 68
    Meehan/Blanchette: Zags Insiders
    Sacre: Bleav in the Zags
    Free Ira Brown: Marty, Chris & Adam
    Karr: Locked on Zags
    Morrison: Perimeter
    Patton: Score Zags Score
    Other?

I really appreciate the work that all of these folks put into their pods and hope they are getting a lot of support from the Zags faithful.

ZZ

The I've been listening to lately, in order:

Locked on Zags
    The Press Box (Larry Weir, with Jim Meehan, Justin Reed, Tom Hudson, Steven Karr as guests)
    Score Zags Score (I like his content, but sometimes Andy Patton's nervous chuckling drives me crazy)
    Bleav in the Zags (kind of rambling and not always related to current Zag news, but can be amusing)

I just added The Perimeter to my list on Spotify, and I'm looking forward to checking it out. I like to put on some noise-cancelling headphones and a Zags podcast and work in the yard.

Upper left sports on youtube is another good one to check out.

My favorite by far is Perimeter. They are long, and I don't want them to end when they do.

Larry Weir is a real journalist, not a fanboy like some of these. And he has real journos like Meehan on the show. The opening is tiresome, though, as he runs through the table of contents on the Spokesman.com site. Eye on CBB is the best for wider news and views, though the hosts have voices for newspaper writing. Talking Sopranos is the best of all others.

Zag Talk

A Few Too Many (Fan hosted pod with awesome guests. Had recent guests Shawn Harris and Brenna Greene)
    Shawn Harris the father of Dom, actually gave the scoop that both Nembhard and Timme were returning.

Hoopcast (Co-hosted by Matt Santangelo)

- Free Ira Brown is my #1 favorite
    - The Perimeter
    - Locked On Zags (nice 20-30 min daily reports on the Zags, including non BB stuff too) by Steven Karr of SlipperStillFits.com fame
    - Score Zags Score

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Larry Weir is a real journalist, not a fanboy like some of these. And he has real journos like Meehan on the show. The opening is tiresome, though, as he runs through the table of contents on the Spokesman.com site.
    Um, yeah. I generally start the podcast and skip to about 8 minutes in when he's done with all of that. Love Eye on CBB too.

Ones I have set to subscribe

Adam Morrison - The Perimeter
    Locked on Zags w/ Steven Karr

That’s the list. That’s it for now
    Qualified for 23 Straight Big Dances

12 Straight Round of 32s

11 Sweet Sixteens (6 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by phxfireflames View Post
    Zag Talk

A Few Too Many (Fan hosted pod with awesome guests. Had recent guests Shawn Harris and Brenna Greene)
    Shawn Harris the father of Dom, actually gave the scoop that both Nembhard and Timme were returning.

Hoopcast (Co-hosted by Matt Santangelo)
    A few too many had some good guests, but its just a bunch of young guys who get their sources from Twitter. Least recommended IMO.

i like Dan Dickau's podcasts