• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZagaZags
    Banned
    • May 2010

The Perimeter with Adam Morrison - "Joël Ayayi"

I know the last one was great. Looking forward to this one.

• ZagaZags
    Banned
    • May 2010

At the 43:40 mark, who was Ammo talking about? I could not understand the name.

Comment

• ZagaZags
      Banned
      • May 2010

Interesting that some of the the more recent players ( graduated or departed ) don't return home in the summer time to practice with the current team. This has been a tradition for decades.

Comment

• Sneakerhead253
        Redshirt
        • Jun 2019

Originally posted by ZagaZags View Post
        At the 43:40 mark, who was Ammo talking about? I could not understand the name.
        Brock Ravet, left the team for reasons we still don’t publicly know to this day. Seems like Ayayi punished him before season started to make his mark known. Looks like Morrison said people were calling Ravet next Jason Kidd

Comment

• GoZags
          Super Moderator
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Sneakerhead253 View Post
          Brock Ravet, left the team for reasons we still don’t publicly know to this day. Seems like Ayayi punished him before season started to make his mark known. Looks like Morrison said people were calling Ravet next Jason Kidd
          To those who read this post ... let's not get into ANY discussion/speculation. Any attempts to do so will continue to be met with heavy moderation.
          -----
          On an unrelated note, the human mind is an incredibly delicate piece of equipment, and there are times when it doesn't take much to get off kilter. I am not a Doctor but I DO know that depression (ie deep, untreated depression) can be very, very serious. And I wish anyone who may be suffering (and HAVE sought help) nothing but the best in their efforts to get better.
          sigpic
          “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
          ——-
          List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
          Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• bballbeachbum
            Zag for Life
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Sneakerhead253 View Post
            hey Sneakerhead, it was Jason Williams, not Kidd

anyway, thanks for posting ZagaZags, great interview. Like Ammo, I love the hard core Joel practice stories about how he simply would not be denied his position in the rotation and battled it out, and won

Comment

• daskim
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2020

Wow. Interesting interview with some behind the scenes information.

Plenty of salty language as well. Is this a weekly podcast? Never heard of Speak Studios, or MVP.

Comment

• bdmiller7
                Zag for Life
                • Jun 2017

I’ve still got about 30 minutes left, but I thought it was interesting how hard it is for Euro kids to talk to college coaches. Those clubs in Europe don’t want to lose kids to the states.

Comment

• ZagNut08
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Awesome interview, many cool stories and great insights.

Adam does really well in this situation, hope this keeps up with the whole team!

Comment

• SageOfZagville
                    Kennel Club Alum
                    • Feb 2007

Really enjoyed that interview

Comment

• ZagNut08
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

One thing that was interesting, that I had been wondering. Adam mentioned the more recent Zags haven't been coming back in the offseason like the "old guys" always would to work out with the current team. Was wondering if the more one and done, bigger success stories would lead to that - hopefully that part of the culture and tradition doesn't get lost.

Comment

• Mantua
                        Zag for Life
                        • Mar 2007

Joel has far more tenacity than I had imagined. I was fascinated by the descriptions of the European system’s realities. Adam is a terrific interviewer, despite his opinions on PSG.
                        Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

• Worthington
                          Bleeds GU Blue
                          • Aug 2011

Joel is a rare breed in this day and age of college basketball. Refused to give up on the program even when he was given many indications that his shot would never come. The will and determination behind his decision to tough it out here is mind boggling to me.

Comment

• Mantua
                            Zag for Life
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Worthington View Post
                            Joel is a rare breed in this day and age of college basketball. Refused to give up on the program even when he was given many indications that his shot would never come. The will and determination behind his decision to tough it out here is mind boggling to me.
                            He had assets, high IQ and great character.
                            Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

• SageOfZagville
                              Kennel Club Alum
                              • Feb 2007

I also went back and watched the Kispert interview. Adam does a great job drawing these guys out

Comment

Working...
                              X