Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Perimeter with Adam Morrison - "JoŽl Ayayi"

Default The Perimeter with Adam Morrison - "JoŽl Ayayi"

I know the last one was great. Looking forward to this one.

At the 43:40 mark, who was Ammo talking about? I could not understand the name.

Interesting that some of the the more recent players ( graduated or departed ) don't return home in the summer time to practice with the current team. This has been a tradition for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    At the 43:40 mark, who was Ammo talking about? I could not understand the name.
    Brock Ravet, left the team for reasons we still don’t publicly know to this day. Seems like Ayayi punished him before season started to make his mark known. Looks like Morrison said people were calling Ravet next Jason Kidd

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakerhead253 View Post
    Brock Ravet, left the team for reasons we still don’t publicly know to this day. Seems like Ayayi punished him before season started to make his mark known. Looks like Morrison said people were calling Ravet next Jason Kidd
    To those who read this post ... let's not get into ANY discussion/speculation. Any attempts to do so will continue to be met with heavy moderation.
    -----
    On an unrelated note, the human mind is an incredibly delicate piece of equipment, and there are times when it doesn't take much to get off kilter. I am not a Doctor but I DO know that depression (ie deep, untreated depression) can be very, very serious. And I wish anyone who may be suffering (and HAVE sought help) nothing but the best in their efforts to get better.

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

NCAA TOURNAMENT wins since 2015
    Gonzaga 20, Nova 17, UNC 16, Duke 15, Kentucky 13, Michigan 13, Virginia 11, Baylor 9
    -----
    FINAL FOUR wins since 2017
    UNC 2, Nova 2, Virginia 2, Baylor 2, Gonzaga 2, Michigan 1, TexasTech 1, Kentucky 0, Duke 0, Kansas 0

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakerhead253 View Post
    hey Sneakerhead, it was Jason Williams, not Kidd

anyway, thanks for posting ZagaZags, great interview. Like Ammo, I love the hard core Joel practice stories about how he simply would not be denied his position in the rotation and battled it out, and won

Wow. Interesting interview with some behind the scenes information.

Plenty of salty language as well. Is this a weekly podcast? Never heard of Speak Studios, or MVP.

I’ve still got about 30 minutes left, but I thought it was interesting how hard it is for Euro kids to talk to college coaches. Those clubs in Europe don’t want to lose kids to the states.

Awesome interview, many cool stories and great insights.

Adam does really well in this situation, hope this keeps up with the whole team!

Really enjoyed that interview

One thing that was interesting, that I had been wondering. Adam mentioned the more recent Zags haven't been coming back in the offseason like the "old guys" always would to work out with the current team. Was wondering if the more one and done, bigger success stories would lead to that - hopefully that part of the culture and tradition doesn't get lost.

Joel has far more tenacity than I had imagined. I was fascinated by the descriptions of the European system’s realities. Adam is a terrific interviewer, despite his opinions on PSG.
    Bonjour tristesse.

Joel is a rare breed in this day and age of college basketball. Refused to give up on the program even when he was given many indications that his shot would never come. The will and determination behind his decision to tough it out here is mind boggling to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Worthington View Post
    Joel is a rare breed in this day and age of college basketball. Refused to give up on the program even when he was given many indications that his shot would never come. The will and determination behind his decision to tough it out here is mind boggling to me.
    He had assets, high IQ and great character.
    Bonjour tristesse.

I also went back and watched the Kispert interview. Adam does a great job drawing these guys out

Recurring question: ďwas Fewie always late for practice?Ē. Another great interview by Adam!

Great insights from Adam.

I liked the discussion about how Few has changed the way he handles the team over the years and is more laid back. Adam speculates that its because he has better players who don't need as much coaching up plus being around other great coaches like Boeheim, etc.. as part of USA Basketball.

Also his challenge to Joel to come back to Spokane and foster the current Zags. He says the recent grads have gotten away from that.

I'm going to go check out some of his other pods.

ZZ

Link to video of Adam's debut pod with Corey Kispert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5PzPC94TvA

ZZ

Definitely a great listen! I enjoy the Dickau podcast, but he plays it much more safe than Ammo. Of the former Zags doing podcasts, Ammo is quickly standing out as tops. Sacre is probably number 2.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNut08 View Post
    One thing that was interesting, that I had been wondering. Adam mentioned the more recent Zags haven't been coming back in the offseason like the "old guys" always would to work out with the current team. Was wondering if the more one and done, bigger success stories would lead to that - hopefully that part of the culture and tradition doesn't get lost.

I would guess part of it is early in Few’s tenure most players were 4 year guys who were from the PNW. They had ties to the area and were coming back to live in the off-season and after their careers were over. Over the last 10 years or so we have had more early entry guys, more transfers, and more recruits from all over the country who while they still love GU, may not have the pull to come back to Spokane when they’re done. I could definitely see Kispert back in the summers, but would understand if Joel or Jalen weren’t around Spokane in the off-season.

Awesome interview! Joel is definitely one of my favorite Zags all-time. After watching him in Greece, I knew he was going to break through.

Sent from my ASUS_A009 using Tapatalk

The sentiments towards Joel seem to be Universal. When a player comes on as Joel did his last two years after overcoming adversity, it is a truly feel good story. And yes, he is one of my all time favorite Zags. Batista, Hart, and Pendo are some of my others. And how can you not like what Sacre and Turiaf have done for the Gonzaga community. Go Zags

These are great, love getting a little more of an inside view. Though I do think Adam projects a bit too much, especially in regards to his "issues" with Few.

Thank you for the link, I enjoyed the interview and insights.
    It's not the size of the Bulldog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the Bulldog!

GO ZAGS!!!

Go ahead & jump. Not saying this as a card-carrying member of the language politburo, but the widespread, ill-considered use of the verbal tic, "you know," in common speech would be really depressing if there weren't so many other depressants to deal with these days. So, it's down way down the list, but the phrase adds nothing to meaning or content; instead, it detracts from the speaker's message & credibility. Elimination of the useless crutch can be easily taught, easily assimilated. It's in every broadcaster's primer.

And while I'm up here on the box, the word f**k, I guess we can agree, can be a useful noun in the usage, but it will certainly focus a listener's attention much better when used illiberally; say it when you really mean it, especially when talking to yourself.

Other than that, yeah, some interesting stuff about Joel there. Next.