Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Perimeter with Adam Morrison - "JoŽl Ayayi"

Language and grammar has gone the way of Edwin Newman

Adam's constant cursing turns me off. I am going to pass on future podcasts by him.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    I know the last one was great. Looking forward to this one.

This was an awesome interview by Adam and Joel. Joel is one of my favorite players and I put him up there with Gerard Coleman in my top 5. I can't wait to see all the success that Joel achieves at the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    This was an awesome interview by Adam and Joel. Joel is one of my favorite players and I put him up there with Gerard Coleman in my top 5. I can't wait to see all the success that Joel achieves at the next level.
    Gerard Coleman?

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Adam's constant cursing turns me off. I am going to pass on future podcasts by him.
    I thought both Kispert and Ayayi were well spoken and represented GU well though. That by far the most I’ve ever heard Joel speak.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    Gerard Coleman?
    Most random player for someone to put in their top 5!

Gerard Coleman?
    To each their own. I will go out on a limb and guess not a lot of Zag fans would have Mark Spink, the late Kenny Tyler and Jeremy Jones in their all-time Top 5 favorite Zags. Yet they are SOLIDLY ensconced in mine.

ďTo be continued ÖĒ. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
    óó-
    Some cherry picked stats

Most NCAA TOURNAMENT wins since 2015
    Gonzaga 20, Nova 17, UNC 16, Duke 15, Kentucky 13, Michigan 13, Virginia 11, Baylor 9
    -----
    Most FINAL FOUR wins since 2017
    UNC 2, Nova 2, Virginia 2, Baylor 2, Gonzaga 2, Michigan 1, TexasTech 1, Kentucky 0, Duke 0, Kansas 0

I thought Adam would be so dry and boring that I wouldnít want to listen. Iím finding myself wanting to listen more just to listen to Adam regardless of who he has on as a guest. His enthusiasm is great and entertaining. But yeah, he does drop a lot of F bombs.

Next Wednesdays guest will be Fewie

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Next Wednesdays guest will be Fewie
    Hope he asks his next guest if it bothered him that the coach was always late.

Hope he asks his next guest if it bothered him that the coach was always late.
    When I first saw that Few was going to be on, my first thought was, I hope he shows up late for the interview.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNut08 View Post
    When I first saw that Few was going to be on, my first thought was, I hope he shows up late for the interview.
    That would be classic.

I want to hear them talk about when Adam was shooting free throws and he was going to be subbed out after a made free throw, so he missed it to stay in. Anyone know if thats a true story?

Same here man. I dont talk in that manner and my friends and family dont either. Its a shame. I started closely following Gonzaga when he played and was a huge fan. I've been in love with them ever since. I can only imagine what parents of a young man being recruited by Gonzaga might think if they watch this. Morrison needs to grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaZag View Post
    Same here man. I dont talk in that manner and my friends and family dont either. Its a shame. I started closely following Gonzaga when he played and was a huge fan. I've been in love with them ever since. I can only imagine what parents of a young man being recruited by Gonzaga might think if they watch this. Morrison needs to grow up.

Hopefully they listen to what great men Corey and Joel are. They are amazing representatives for the university. Adam has always been a bit of a renegade. That was part of the appeal when he played.

P.S. I also don’t use that language unless I’m plumbing or mechanicking, then anything goes.

I don't mind a couple F bombs here and there. I'm sure Adam will get good feedback from some experienced people in that area of media and change accordingly if he thinks it's needed. It doesn't change the fact that the program is phenomenal.

It just feels like we're all listening in on a truly genuine conversation about the experiences of these players in the program we've grown to love so much. It's not the canned answers to questions from reporters we've heard a million times, it's two guys sitting down to shoot the sh*t about Gonzaga basketball.

Honestly it's the most authentic and real thing I've ever heard coming from anyone involved with the program. And he's done it twice now with Corey and Joel. I'm absolutely giddy with anticipation at some of the guests he could get in the future.

Think about hearing that kind of honesty from any one of these players: Hachimura, Sabonis, Batista, Karno, E. Harris, B. Clarke, Pangos, Turiaf, Olynyk, D. Stockton, Perkins, Stepp, Pargo, Bouldin, Williams-Goss, Norvell Jr. (my personal dream list)

Think about how cool it would be to hear about their honest experiences being recruited, playing for GU, and then their experiences in their respective pro careers afterward. Hopefully Ammo can get these guys back to Spokane and convince them to come on the show.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

I’m not bothered. If anything I enjoy it because it’s more real and raw. How my friends have always talked, especially in a sporting environment.

I’m not bothered. If anything I enjoy it because it’s more real and raw. How my friends have always talked, especially in a sporting environment.
    Exactly.

It's how I would talk to old teammates in a catch up on life over beers.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

I'm glad he put a language warning at the beginning of the podcast so that those who are easily offended can choose not to listen. For me, although I rarely use that language, the podcast is awesome. I love the natural conversation he has had with Joel and Corey. I had no idea of the struggles Joel had had to prove himself. My respect for him tripled after hearing how he fought through adversity and gained the starting position. I really look forward to next Wednesday. There is nothing pretentious about Adam. What you see (hear) is what you get. I enjoy Sac & Jack (LOVE Rob) too but feel there is more depth to Adan's. Dan's seems phony in a way. JMHO I like Dan so don't jump on that.

I haven't listened to it yet, but I'd be surprised if more than a couple of parents were taken aback by a few f-bombs. Nobody seems o care when members of The Squad use it in their daily discourse, or when entertainment stars use it as a verb and adjective in the same sentence.

Profanity is strongly discouraged in my house, though I'll loosen up sometimes when hanging out with my male buds.

If I could be King for a Day, I'd outlaw the f-bomb.

ETA: pretty mild stuff compared to what I heard daily in the military.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyzag View Post
    I don't mind a couple F bombs here and there. I'm sure Adam will get good feedback from some experienced people in that area of media and change accordingly if he thinks it's needed. It doesn't change the fact that the program is phenomenal.

It just feels like we're all listening in on a truly genuine conversation about the experiences of these players in the program we've grown to love so much. It's not the canned answers to questions from reporters we've heard a million times, it's two guys sitting down to shoot the sh*t about Gonzaga basketball.

Honestly it's the most authentic and real thing I've ever heard coming from anyone involved with the program. And he's done it twice now with Corey and Joel. I'm absolutely giddy with anticipation at some of the guests he could get in the future.

Think about hearing that kind of honesty from any one of these players: Hachimura, Sabonis, Batista, Karno, E. Harris, B. Clarke, Pangos, Turiaf, Olynyk, D. Stockton, Perkins, Stepp, Pargo, Bouldin, Williams-Goss, Norvell Jr. (my personal dream list)

Think about how cool it would be to hear about their honest experiences being recruited, playing for GU, and then their experiences in their respective pro careers afterward. Hopefully Ammo can get these guys back to Spokane and convince them to come on the show.
    I could see Zoom being used at some point. Guys from their living rooms.....visuals not important imo

I found it refreshing and enlightening.

I had a high appreciation for Joel before but now I see him as an absolute super star human being.
    But we don't play nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    I had a high appreciation for Joel before but now I see him as an absolute super star human being.
    Agree, I really found this impressive. Particularly (as Adam pointed out) that he was far away from home, had the option to go play professionally, and had come to Gonzaga at such a young age. Just incredible maturity and determination to stick it out and elevate his game in the way he did.

FWIW, the swearing thing is a podcast staple. It can come off as almost forced because many podcasters are trying to showcase the raw edginess that podcasting allows versus radio. There's a warning beforehand, and it's up to you if you can listen to it. But goodness is it amusing to witness the overreaction to a word that has no harmful connotation toward any person.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaZag View Post
    What do you think coaches and players sound like in practice? This is one of the most competitive basketball programs in the country. It isn't T-ball.

This isn’t on the court hough. It’s a chat. Once I was told never talk publicly in any manner your mom wouldn’t approve. Ya gain nothing using foul langauge ...in fact it may betray how substandard you are. Just a thought.

Adam is Adam.

Didn't you get to know this unique guy for 3 yrs as a Zag?

He doesnt care what others think, never has, never will.

Loves the Zags and does a ton for his/this community,.including talking to these guys about the game they love.

The podcast is great content BECAUSE he is totally himself and doesn't hold back.

Don't forget, it's his podcast, not GU's..or yours. He doesn't work for the Spokesman, etc. He gets to talk mono e mono with fellow friends about bball. It is what it is. And it really is just words when not used maliciously.

Man, you guys would be shocked to hear Tommy Lloyd in most practices...he's one of the best coaches and human beings there is, yet tame compared to Mo's podcast.