Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 - Nolan Hickman

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    One guy on Rupp Rafters calls Gonzaga the "It school"

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/t....343815/page-6
    Being "the it" implies status is fleeting. He qualifies it with "present" and "moment," all of which alone imply status is fleeting. Taken together, we must be in real trouble, with all those Sweet 16s, Elite 8s, and two Final Fours piling up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    Being "the it" implies status is fleeting. He qualifies it with "present" and "moment," all of which alone imply status is fleeting. Taken together, we must be in real trouble, with all those Sweet 16s, Elite 8s, and two Final Fours piling up.
    I donít see it as a slight to GU or as the poster being offensive. Realistically we should not expect to maintain this output indefinitely. Being called the Ďití school is kinda cool- letís acknowledge that itís a good time for us as GU fans and hope it lasts as long as possible but eventually the pendulum will swing, thatís a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by ZANY View Post
    I don’t see it as a slight to GU or as the poster being offensive. Realistically we should not expect to maintain this output indefinitely. Being called the ‘it’ school is kinda cool- let’s acknowledge that it’s a good time for us as GU fans and hope it lasts as long as possible but eventually the pendulum will swing, that’s a fact.
    I can see it a number of ways. I also think the Zags' trendline is remarkably consistent in that we have steadily increased our Tournament success over the last 20 years. Obviously the last accomplishment remains, but our success appears to be somewhat sustained.

Regardless, I agree with the sentiment that we should enjoy what we have while we have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZANY View Post
    I don’t see it as a slight to GU or as the poster being offensive. Realistically we should not expect to maintain this output indefinitely. Being called the ‘it’ school is kinda cool- let’s acknowledge that it’s a good time for us as GU fans and hope it lasts as long as possible but eventually the pendulum will swing, that’s a fact.
    As the pendulum has swung for Kentucky, and they don't yet realize it.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

I dont care what Kentucky thinks. Our recent success speaks for itself. We have been the most consistent program for several years now...the trend says so. We need the ship. Control what we can, the rest is all outside noise.
    America's Team!

Most people I talk to around the country think the Zags are already BlueBloods. The Blues don't and I don't but we're very close. A couple of titles would help cement our status....not that it matters all that much. A media moniker . Still good for recruiting . Nothing's hurt us so far. .blue or not. Staff is killin' it!!

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    I dont care what Kentucky thinks. Our recent success speaks for itself. We have been the most consistent program for several years now...the trend says so. We need the ship. Control what we can, the rest is all outside noise.
    Perfectly stated

Got real quiet on Hickman after that last tweet saying he was ours.

Quote Originally Posted by JAGzag View Post
    Yes it did...hmmm
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by JAGzag View Post
    The last thing he said about Hickman on his website was positive. I wouldn't worry right now. Give it another 7 days

Itís fine, it was not something inevitable. I still expect heís coming to GU and itíll be announced soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are so full of major league kids already! Let the best play! Hard to know who's best. We have a few guys who need to step it up. I hate the thought of being recruited over. Sometimes though......

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    We are so full of major league kids already! Let the best play! Hard to know who's best. We have a few guys who need to step it up. I hate the thought of being recruited over. Sometimes though......
    Joel Ayayi did okay...

On his podcast, here's what Jamie Shaw (Rivals analyst) said about Nolan Hickman -

- When he first heard Nolan was decomitting, he thought Washington was in the driver's seat. This was a couple months ago.

- A week before he decommitted, he heard he was going to Duke to play with Paolo. Duke needed depth at PG.

- Now he's hearing it's pretty much a lock for Gonzaga.

- Gonzaga will probably be one of the best teams in the country, Hickman will probably be more of a pure point guard behind Nembhard.

- Nothing public yet, but the announcement should be soon.

Sallis and Hickman in year 2 assuming nobody enters the draft would be a fun combo. Will be a competive summer and fall to see who earns MF trust.
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    Sallis and Hickman in year 2 assuming nobody enters the draft would be a fun combo. Will be a competive summer and fall to see who earns MF trust.
    And Harris!

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    And Harris!
    If nobody leaves early that will be a loaded, talented backcourt for the next 2 years: Hickman, Bolton, Harris, Sallis, Strawther. All very athletic and skilled, but each with different strengths.

Hunter, Holmgren and Hickman?

From the Tricky Trio to ..Triple H?

And Harris! Jeez, why are people sleeping on him?

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    And Harris! Jeez, why are people sleeping on him?
    Different class. That’s all.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Different class. That’s all.
    Oh, okay, you get a pass.

So - has there been any rumblings as to when Hickman will be making a decision? Still pretty quiet out there now.

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    So - has there been any rumblings as to when Hickman will be making a decision? Still pretty quiet out there now.
    Soon...they are doing zoom calls this week for due diligence. I havenít heard anything has changed and typically thatís good news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really want this young man. Take nothing for granted.

If he commits, I see him getting a decent amount of court time in year 1.