Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aaron Cook enters the transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    i mean good for this guy! Starred at SLU, played in a national championship and now gets to choose his program at age 26.. thats amazing. I sure wish I could have played that late!
    Where are you guys seeing that he's that old? I see he just turned 23 this previous December so would be 24 for next basketball season ( DOB December 28, 1997). Younger than Mark Vital by a month or so

one of the sterotypes of vital is that he is 'old' for college basketball.

he would have probably seen his shares of minutes, we can hope that harris and andrew (or hunter and andrew) will be as good as jalen and andrew, and i hope that happens. i don't know if we are actively seeking a point guard in the portal. The reason i think he would get minutes are that he is an 'experiences zag' and knows the few system and if timme does not return will be a little short on leaders. Also last years truly great teams played 7 guys after the new year, he was one of those. That in itself is elite in a sense.

what surprises me is that he is not going out to make some money before he is really old; if he wants another year on a college team are we sure he would get more development with another team. Maybe so. Maybe he does not plan to go pro at all. If he does, when i put myself in his place (which is fantasy) but as I see it why not go to Europe or somewhere and start making money. Well he was a terrific, selfless zag, and I am sorry he is leaving.

only he knows all the facts, and I hope his career follows or exceeds what he is planning for himself in basketball futureland.

I'm not going to pretend to know the ins and outs of the academic side of college hoops, but could this simply be a case of Gonzaga not being able to offer additional classes that meet requirements for a 6th year senior and therefore he has to transfer to a school that does offer classes that fit the bill?

Quote Originally Posted by zagamatic View Post
    I'm not going to pretend to know the ins and outs of the academic side of college hoops, but could this simply be a case of Gonzaga not being able to offer additional classes that meet requirements for a 6th year senior and therefore he has to transfer to a school that does offer classes that fit the bill?
    maybe, but last year did not count against eligibility. In theory, he has two years of eligibility left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GrizZAG View Post
    This is a big loss for the Zags. Aaron was solid and I felt trust when the ball was in his hands always. A great defender and hustle was never a question. Any chance he comes back?
    Quote Originally Posted by zagamatic View Post
    Case of playing time. Nothing more nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Love AC-- he is not Rasir Bolton though. Maybe a better defender-- i didnt pay enough attention to boltons D but his offense is top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Love AC-- he is not Rasir Bolton though. Maybe a better defender-- i didnt pay enough attention to boltons D but his offense is top notch.
    Agree. Just the way it goes. We’re in a very good spot and Cook will be fine wherever he lands.

Has anyone hypothesized UA as a landing spot? I think that they are short on point guards and it seems like there are good rotation minutes to be had there.

It was a post on the Arizona forum. It seems possible. He would be able to step in and be ahead of most in knowing Lloyd's basic system starting out. With Oumar Ballo understanding the big's role and Cook knowing guard play it would make it easier to bring others up to speed.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Aaron wound up @Georgia. Pretty sure he'll get the PT.

Lindy's picks this version of the Bulldogs 14th (in a 14 team league). Here's their synopsis:

Good News: Tom Crean's buyout decreases after the season (Jazz will like that comment).

Bad News: All of it. This is one of the least talented teams in the 6 power conferences.

Our call: The season will get ugly early. Crean may not make it to Senior Night.

I'm wishing Aaron happiness & good health. Once a Zag....
    But we don't play nobody.