Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disturbing Twitter trend

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Never done Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, MySpace, etc. I'm a Neanderthal to most. lol
    I invest in them....signed on to see what it was all about....signed off...took a shower.... and never ever considered taking another peek...same with any " Comments "..... This place is pretty tame....

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    I invest in them....signed on to see what it was all about....signed off...took a shower.... and never ever considered taking another peek...same with any " Comments "..... This place is pretty tame....
    One thing I know with certainty, is that Dr. Graue would have been run off campus today.

I agree bart, this place is pretty tame. I'll hang around, though, this is the best place to keep up with the Zags.

i'm with you Tex
    no anything, except email and zoom
    saw too many people getting their feelings hurt on facebook, etc.

Whoever posted that Twitter garbage is most likely jealous that Chet is coming to Spokane. Anyways, the only time I do Twitter is to see if a baseball game is rained out, the rest of it is a hot mess.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, AND WE STILL ENDED UP AT THE KENNEL !

I think any 18-yo who's grown up with Twitter (and all of social media) is much more savvy than any of us. I'm sure it takes a lot to faze them, and even more to fool them. Have you ever watched any of those live interviews on Instagram after the games? Some of the comments are outrageous, but none of the players even bat an eye.
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

If it were not for Twitter, I would not have found out about Kepler-1649C, which for me, is the most fascinating thing I have heard about for quite awhile.

Stealing a view point from Carl Sagan here...... "The trick is to know which Twitter to read"

In other words, what you read is a choice. What you do not to read is a choice.

Last edited by MickMick; 04-22-2021 at 12:17 PM.
    I miss Mike Hart

SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Quote Originally Posted by MickMick View Post
    If it were not for Twitter, I would not have found out about Kepler-1649C, which for me, is the most fascinating thing I have heard about for quite awhile.

Stealing a view point from Carl Sagan here...... "The trick is to know which Twitter to read"

In other words, what you read is a choice. What you do not to read is a choice.

I am glad you pointed that out, bc Sagan would have his jaw drop nowadays at the power of the net in terms of how much one can learn at the power of your finger tips.

Over 2 months, just as I was going to bed, I listened to the Friday Evening Lecture season from the Royal Society of Science in London, just hour long talks, a tradition going back to Fereday and Maxwell doing demonstrations of electricity.

I'm sitting in the sticks, and I mean sticks, and here I am, listening to the most perfect lectures on earth in a revered hall in downtown London.

That's just stupid cool.

There is good stuff out there and it's not hard to find.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by LocalNative View Post
    So like all of us I am on Twitter checking out gonzaga feeds and was looking at chets Twitter and realized there's people who are claiming to be zag fans and are making negative sometimes seemingly racist comments. I know no zag fan is racist because if there was one we'd denounce them and they'd be exiled. It seems to me for some reason there's losers from other fan bases trying to sabotage us and seem like we are a bunch of awful people, which we are not. Sure sometimes we bicker and argue amongst each other, but a lot of that is because we are passionate fans. Bottom line though is I was hoping those of you with Twitter accounts could show the true colors of us as people and fans and denounce these pointless morons! I'm specifically talking about a beautifully worded post by Chet about the George Floyd case, and theres an account I noticed amongst a few others that made terrible comments about Chets tweet, specifically a user by the name 8cak7 who has a zags pic as his avatar. He clearly ain't no zag.

Thanks for reading my fellow zags! God bless!
    Nothing surprises me when it comes anonymous internet platforms.

Kids would be healthier if they waited to participate in platforms until older imho

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Never done Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, MySpace, etc. I'm a Neanderthal to most. lol
    I'm with you...even went so far as to tell a friend to remove my name/picture from one of his tweets...there are a lot of idiots using those mediums...