Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disturbing Twitter trend

Angry Disturbing Twitter trend

So like all of us I am on Twitter checking out gonzaga feeds and was looking at chets Twitter and realized there's people who are claiming to be zag fans and are making negative sometimes seemingly racist comments. I know no zag fan is racist because if there was one we'd denounce them and they'd be exiled. It seems to me for some reason there's losers from other fan bases trying to sabotage us and seem like we are a bunch of awful people, which we are not. Sure sometimes we bicker and argue amongst each other, but a lot of that is because we are passionate fans. Bottom line though is I was hoping those of you with Twitter accounts could show the true colors of us as people and fans and denounce these pointless morons! I'm specifically talking about a beautifully worded post by Chet about the George Floyd case, and theres an account I noticed amongst a few others that made terrible comments about Chets tweet, specifically a user by the name 8cak7 who has a zags pic as his avatar. He clearly ain't no zag.

Thanks for reading my fellow zags! God bless!

Quote Originally Posted by LocalNative View Post
    So like all of us I am on Twitter checking out gonzaga feeds and was looking at chets Twitter and realized there's people who are claiming to be zag fans and are making negative sometimes seemingly racist comments. I know no zag fan is racist because if there was one we'd denounce them and they'd be exiled. It seems to me for some reason there's losers from other fan bases trying to sabotage us and seem like we are a bunch of awful people, which we are not. Sure sometimes we bicker and argue amongst each other, but a lot of that is because we are passionate fans. Bottom line though is I was hoping those of you with Twitter accounts could show the true colors of us as people and fans and denounce these pointless morons! I'm specifically talking about a beautifully worded post by Chet about the George Floyd case, and theres an account I noticed amongst a few others that made terrible comments about Chets tweet, specifically a user by the name 8cak7 who has a zags pic as his avatar. He clearly ain't no zag.

Thanks for reading my fellow zags! God bless!
    While I hope there are no Zags who are racist, unfortunately, the reality is all fanbases have people who harbor reprehensible views. Case in point:

https://twitter.com/canefantx/status...54292909363205

Chet is someone who is vocal about racial justice, which I admire, and I think the more attainable goal is to support him as Zags.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

All I see is the one moronic post.

I've seen a few cases of trolls claiming to be fans of a school on Twitter. There were obvious trolls claiming to be Pitt fans making racist comments about Efton Reid a few days ago. Could be legit, but there's a lot of teenagers (and unfortunately, grown adults) caught up in Basketball Twitter trying to sway things.

Twitter and Facebook, two things I try to avoid. Everyone wanting to grab attention, some have good things to say while others just want to spread hate and discontent.

Quote Originally Posted by scott257 View Post
    Twitter and Facebook, two things I try to avoid. Everyone wanting to grab attention, some have good things to say while others just want to spread hate and discontent.
    Never done Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, MySpace, etc. I'm a Neanderthal to most. lol

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Never done Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, MySpace, etc. I'm a Neanderthal to most. lol
    I barely can do this forum let alone all those other items
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by LocalNative View Post
    I know no zag fan is racist because if there was one we'd denounce them and they'd be exiled.
    There have been some questionable posts from a regular or two here, sad to say, and any denouncing has generally resulted in all related posts being deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    I only do this because I lost the address for “letter to the editor”

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    I barely can do this forum let alone all those other items
    Hoop, call em platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Hoop, call em platforms.
    now you are talking my language i can and did do platforms had a pair of black and really sharp pair of brown platforms that went really well with my bellbottoms and open collared shirts

now you are talking my language i can and did do platforms had a pair of black and really sharp pair of brown platforms that went really well with my bellbottoms and open collared shirts
    Double knit trousers no doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    Double knit trousers no doubt
    hey picking on me and my style?????? good ole John Travolota had NOTHING on me

I quit Twitter 2 years ago.

Best movie opening scene EVAH!!!! 86th Street, Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, USA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wostlK-B9Pg

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    I quit Twitter 2 years ago.
    I called Twitter "a megaphone for morons" when it was first becoming a big cultural thing in the early tens. It has yet to disappoint in that regard.
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Best movie opening scene EVAH!!!! 86th Street, Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, USA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wostlK-B9Pg
    that was my pair of shoes dang flashback in time

that was my pair of shoes dang flashback in time
    Aha, but a 28 inch waistline?

Aha, but a 28 inch waistline?
    ouch

The outrage about "taking the knee" has basically forced sport fans into a choice.

And I love it.

I have this "triage like" quick sort that I have applied to every aspect of my life for about a year now. You know....where the doctor does a quick assessment of any given patient and quickly decides who is worth the time investment and who isn't. This whole knee thing has made my personal quick sort so much easier. Instantly reveals world view and information source. In other words, which universe a person resides in.

Not surprised that there are others doing the same thing. Not surprised at all.

I was wondering if I could pull this post off without revealing which side of the fence I'm on. I think I pulled it off because I just defined the divide (taking the knee) and not which side of the issue I'm on. Hence, not a political statement one way or the other.
    I miss Mike Hart

ouch
    Touch of Night Fever?

Quote Originally Posted by MickMick View Post
    The outrage about "taking the knee" has basically forced sport fans into a choice.

And I love it.

I have this "triage like" quick sort that I have applied to every aspect of my life for about a year now. You know....where the doctor does a quick assessment of any given patient and quickly decides who is worth the time investment and who isn't. This whole knee thing has made my personal quick sort so much easier. Instantly reveals world view and information source. In other words, which universe a person resides in.

Not surprised that there are others doing the same thing. Not surprised at all.

I was wondering if I could pull this post off without revealing which side of the fence I'm on. I think I pulled it off because I just defined the divide (taking the knee) and not which side of the issue I'm on. Hence, not a political statement one way or the other.
    We’re reminiscing about the 70s here, why the long face Mick?

We’re reminiscing about the 70s here, why the long face Mick?
    2020 man. Who doesn't have a long face after a year like that?
    I miss Mike Hart

Quote Originally Posted by MickMick View Post
    2020 man. Who doesn't have a long face after a year like that?
    Ain't that the truth. My Christmas coffee cup from Big D didn't have the usual photos from great road trips, because there weren't any.

As a general rule, people posting on Twitter, especially very popular people or political tweets, It's best to just post and ignore comments below (I'm sure every celebrity does this) and just read posts of people you follow, and ignore all the responses below.

There is a reason they're called trolls. Twitter is useful if you just read the tweets, the responses are useless.

Remarkably, there is no bigger cesspool on earth than YouTube's comment section. YouTube doesn't do much - if anything - to patrol their comment sections.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.