Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: SHAWN HARRIS INTERVIEW ON AFEW TOO MANY

Quote Originally Posted by Spink View Post
    Wrong. Others have sources on here as well. Caldwell does have a close source.
    Well I would love for “sources” to break something because right now it seems like a bunch of posters are just guessing things, and no one with any intel is breaking anything. Even your boy Caldwell is being cryptic and looks to be hedging his bets.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Well the parent of another current player said Timme was coming back on a podcast so it must be true, right?

Mr Harris’ comment about this forum is not the key takeaway from the podcast imo. It’s the fact the parent of a current player thinks it’s a good idea to do an in depth interview about the team. That precedent has more potential to damage Zags culture, recruiting etc than critical comments from anonymous posters on a public forum.
    Agree. Also, not a great idea to base your son's college decision on a few anonymous people on a message board.

I might be wrong but I don’t remember anyone saying anything negative towards Dom. A few others maybe but nothing horrible.
    Last edited by MDABE80; 04-25-2021 at 09:43 PM.

Why would anyone say anything bad about Harris ? In my opinion he is a budding star.

Just take a look at the game threads. I would regularly lampoon some of the comments about Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    Why would anyone say anything bad about Harris ? In my opinion he is a budding star.

A lot of talk about the game threads which I agree can get overwrought, and for the life of me I'll never understand the way some people hammer on our players -- they're kids for crying out loud.

But wasn't the comment from Mr. Harris about how the fan board gave them pause about committing? It wouldn't have been comments about Dom directly in that case, but rather the environment generally.

Perhaps it's a distinction without a difference, but people sure do like to run with stuff here to advance their own narrow POVs.
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by gueastcoast View Post
    But wasn't the comment from Mr. Harris about how the fan board gave them pause about committing? It wouldn't have been comments about Dom directly in that case, but rather the environment generally.
    I'd guess it was comments made in Dom's recruiting thread in the Whelping Box back in 2017. But sometime between last night and when I commented in that thread we 'moved on' and 'learned our lesson', so don't bother looking.

Parents of athletes should be seen and not heard.....Mr. Ball being the most notable example.....

Quote Originally Posted by gueastcoast View Post
    A lot of talk about the game threads which I agree can get overwrought, and for the life of me I'll never understand the way some people hammer on our players -- they're kids for crying out loud.

But wasn't the comment from Mr. Harris about how the fan board gave them pause about committing? It wouldn't have been comments about Dom directly in that case, but rather the environment generally

Perhaps it's a distinction without a difference, but people sure do like to run with stuff here to advance their own narrow POVs.
    +1
    Some on here just don’t get it.

Hmmm, there seems to be just a smidgen of difference between a parent expressing concern about personal attacks on their child and a parent going on media blitzes and making inflammatory comments.

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Parents of athletes should be seen and not heard.....Mr. Ball being the most notable example.....

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    +1
    Some on here just don’t get it.
    Or don't want to get it.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

So you are saying that Mr. Harris should no longer speak positively of the GU program?

I don't think that very many parents are like Mr. Ball.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    I don't think that very many parents are like Mr. Ball.
    I am not suggesting that they are...I said he was "notable"..... in my opinion all parents of all athletes should be seen and not heard....doesn't matter if their kids are in Tee Ball or are Olympic Gold Medal Winners ......absolutely nothing positive can come from it.......

If you have a different opinion fine....

Let’s try a thought experiment. Would you say it is positive or negative if a parent said they were so happy that a school offered such a family-like atmosphere that supported the development of the whole person. If you say that is negative, what makes it negative?

I am not suggesting that they are...I said he was "notable"..... in my opinion all parents of all athletes should be seen and not heard....doesn't matter if their kids are in Tee Ball or are Olympic Gold Medal Winners ......absolutely nothing positive can come from it.......

If you have a different opinion fine....

Jesus.....I said " nothing positive could come from it "....I don't think they should say anything PERIOD...negative or positive..... these kids are old enough and smart enough to speak for themselves....have a nice day......

Just trying to understand a perspective that claims praising a program for being familial and developing the whole person would be a negative thing. That seems like the kind of talk that folks would universally support. After all, it’s not like parents stop being parents once someone turns 18 and it would make sense that parents would be most vocal about life-changing decisions, of which choosing a college would certainly be one.

Jesus.....I said " nothing positive could come from it "....I don't think they should say anything PERIOD...negative or positive..... these kids are old enough and smart enough to speak for themselves....have a nice day......

Quote Originally Posted by drvenkman05 View Post
    Just trying to understand a perspective that claims praising a program for being familial and developing the whole person would be a negative thing. That seems like the kind of talk that folks would universally support. After all, itís not like parents stop being parents once someone turns 18 and it would make sense that parents would be most vocal about life-changing decisions, of which choosing a college would certainly be one.
    Nobody in this thread made the claim you are trying to argue about.
    The point I, for one, made was that a parent of a current player thinking itís a good idea to do a lengthy podcast interview about the college team his son plays on and, while doing so, stating another player on the team is not going pro (despite no official announcement to that effect from the player or Zag MBB) is very surprising, to say the least. That precedent is much more likely to be detrimental to a teamís culture and recruiting than critical comments from anonymous posters in a public forum ever could (or should) be.
    He can move 15 ft to the left or right about as fast as my eyes can see it, his name could just as well be Hunter Hustle -ZagsGoZags 11/17/21

When everything is said that can be said, time to go. Not much came of this thread except don’t be evil when talking about players. Ok. Got that. Off to the next topic!!

Time to lock this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by JAGzag View Post
    Time to lock this thread?
    Yep. Became tiresome and boring. Outlived it's usefulness.