Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: SHAWN HARRIS INTERVIEW ON AFEW TOO MANY

Default SHAWN HARRIS INTERVIEW ON AFEW TOO MANY

THIS IS SO GOOD

https://anchor.fm/justin-page/episod...-Harris-evau66

great podcast where he talks about this year and next years teams

Everyone on this board should listen to this podcast at the 26 minute mark.

Mr. Harris (Dom's father) goes on to explain how wonderful the Gonzaga coaches, staff, culture and community are.

He then explains how the "GU Board" is the polar opposite compared to the family culture at Gonzaga. That the GU board almost turned their whole family off from commiting to Gonzaga. He also goes on to explain that in his opinion this board is hurting recruitment for the team.

I don't know how that could be fixed, but I think there are a lot of people on this board who needlessly and unfairly put down our players for non-basketball related things. Now we have confirmation that those people are hurting recruitment.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

That was a very good and insightful interview. Got me really excited for next season. He's right about message boards and people needing to watch themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyzag View Post

Mr. Harris (Dom's father) goes on to explain how wonderful the Gonzaga coaches, staff, culture and community are.

He then explains how the "GU Board" is the polar opposite compared to the family culture at Gonzaga. That the GU board almost turned their whole family off from commiting to Gonzaga. He also goes on to explain that in his opinion this board is hurting recruitment for the team.

I don't know how that could be fixed, but I think there are a lot of people on this board who needlessly and unfairly put down our players for non-basketball related things. Now we have confirmation that those people are hurting recruitment.

WOW. No kidding? Can't say I'm surprised. That's very sad, and should absolutely be a wakeup call to some here...
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Won’t help much. They are sitting behind a screen.

I talked to him about Dom when I had a twitter account. Dom's a special kid. He'll contribute much. But picture yourself as a parent who stumbles onto this board. Scare the hell out of you and you'd have your kid run for the hills. Always good to be thoughtful Family and parent read this junk.

I continue to argue with regular posters here, including Moderators, against attacking kids, their choices to go pro, or challenging their political views. I feel pretty righteous, and simultaneously, sad to know they actually see this crap.

I think an easy solution is to grant an assistant SID from the Athletic Department Moderator authorities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

I would agree that a free public internet forum is the opposite of a family atmosphere.
    Ihre Papiere bitte

On a more positive subject, what does he have to say about next year’s team?

Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    I continue to argue with regular posters here, including Moderators, against attacking kids, their choices to go pro, or challenging their political views. I feel pretty righteous, and simultaneously, sad to know they actually see this crap.

I think an easy solution is to grant an assistant SID from the Athletic Department Moderator authorities.
    or you could volunteer and become a moderator and engage in your "authority" to limit peoples postings.....just food for thought
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Or burn the board to save it.

Political views, what are you talking about?

Just a question, but is there any basketball forum of an elite division 1 program that is scratch free of player criticism? I haven’t seen one, but maybe there is. In an ideal world everyone is always happy, but when you have hundreds or thousands of fanatics on a board, shooting 100% isn’t always easy.

Here’s the link from the Whelping Box .
    http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...-in-recruiting

I will add to my original post that I don’t think he’s talking specifically about trashing his son or even other players. He mentioned culture and how this Forum is the opposite of Gonzaga basketball culture. Think about that for a minute.
    I do believe that this board is better than most of the college b-ball forums but it doesn’t mean there isn’t room for improvement.

Glad to hear Drew Timme & Andrew Nembhard are going to return.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    Where did you hear this?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    or you could volunteer and become a moderator and engage in your "authority" to limit peoples postings.....just food for thought
    Feel free to make it so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    Nembhard is returning.

Timme is 50/50, still mulling his decision. Nothing definitive

Feel free to make it so.
    not a moderator despite the title I have resigned about a year ago...................

Quote Originally Posted by ZANY View Post
    Where did you hear this?
    It was in the interview. Harris said Timme is coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by ZANY View Post
    Where did you hear this?
    48:20 mark.

https://anchor.fm/justin-page/episod...-Harris-evau66

Shawn Harris shared the same comments a year ago or so concerning GUBoards.

The Board cleaned house on many of these posters. These same posters pushed many board veterans and long time posters to leave as well.

The good left with the bad.

Overall, especially this season, it's become much improved.

While there is still some in-house vitriol, the player bashing has become a minimum.

Mr Harris shared the same sentiment on Twitter about the board right before Dom arrived.

And Mr Harris, along with many scouts, staff, and fellow players expect Timme to return yet even Coach Few doesn't know with 100% certainty. This was pointed out in Dana O'Neil's most recent article.

He's still gathering feedback and considering all his options.

Quote Originally Posted by Therunner View Post
    And Mr Harris, along with many scouts, staff, and fellow players expect Timme to return yet even Coach Few doesn't know with 100% certainty. This was pointed out in Dana O'Neil's most recent article.

He's still gathering feedback and considering all his options.
    As he should. Imo

Compared to other boards I've been on like Hogville, Johnny Jungle, and Rupp Rafters, this is by far the most tame I've seen by a long shot. Still, always a good idea to be one's best self when posting.

Sent from my ASUS_A009 using Tapatalk