Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ballo follows Tommy to AZ

Good for him. We don’t know if he even plays at all again next year. He’s going to a coach we all know and trust so as fans I feel like we should be happy for him. A great kid, and hopefully he can play down there. Wish him the best
    Qualified for 23 Straight Big Dances

12 Straight Round of 32s

11 Sweet Sixteens (6 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    Good for him. We don’t know if he even plays at all again next year. He’s going to a coach we all know and trust so as fans I feel like we should be happy for him. A great kid, and hopefully he can play down there. Wish him the best

+1. Let us not forget his best game was against West Virginia, he scored 11 and played well against a tough team.

Good Luck Oumer. Once a Zag...........
    But we don't play nobody.

I know I’m not alone in saying this but I will really be rooting for him.

Quote Originally Posted by cscz28 View Post
    I know I’m not alone in saying this but I will really be rooting for him.
    +1

Tommy is stocking up on bigs already. It’s too bad he wasn’t more ready to contribute because he was the big body they needed against Baylor.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.....

Little lambs there is a wolf amongst us.....

All praise the wolf he has no ill will towards the flock.... ahhhh! but time will pass and in the future teeth will be bared and pain inflicted for the wolf only knows how to EAT!

Gloves are off... don't think otherwise.... this is zero beneficial to GU.... I'm a GU fan....

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Quote Originally Posted by bigblahla View Post

All praise the wolf he has no ill will towards the flock.... ahhhh! but time will pass and in the future teeth will be bared and pain inflicted for the wolf only knows how to EAT!

Gloves are off... don't think otherwise.... this is zero beneficial to GU.... I'm a GU fan....

Go!! Zags!!!
    I think otherwise. Lloyd wax main recruiter of Ballo; Ballo got no minutes and was unhappy and watched Gregg earn minutes ahead of him; w Timme, Watson, Gregg, Perry on the roster Ballo saw the writing on the wall.

Only surprise here is Lloyd taking a big risk early on in his new gig because if Ballo doesn’t improve enough to earn minutes at UA all the wolves eager to see Tommy fail will be quick to criticize.
    He can move 15 ft to the left or right about as fast as my eyes can see it, his name could just as well be Hunter Hustle -ZagsGoZags 11/17/21

I don't think Ballo=Thirty pieces of silver. Maybe bitcoin.

Hope it all works out for Ballo. I still think there was some other injury last year besides his hand. He was two steps behind everyone else on the court, it doesn't take two years to get into shape. ( OK might take me two years but not Ballo)

Good luck to Ballo. I hope he does well.

Go!! Zags!!!
    honestly, that was my first thought too
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaZagFan View Post
    Hope it all works out for Ballo. I still think there was some other injury last year besides his hand. He was two steps behind everyone else on the court, it doesn't take two years to get into shape. ( OK might take me two years but not Ballo)
    The last time I saw Omar in a game was probably vs Norfolk St and he appeared to have some conditioning issues as he looked gassed after 3 trips up and down the court. He was bent over with hands on hips and was promptly yanked IIRC.

He seems to be a solid citizen and a nice kid and I wish him well. Ya gotta want it.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Oumar definitely was hampered by finger and conditioning issues. I don’t ever remember seeing a 7 footer consistently miss dunks in warm ups with no one around him guarding him. I saw oumar miss plenty at the final four because he simply couldn’t jump high enough to get over the rim... if I am Tommy I am sitting Ballo for the year and just reshaping his body.

Perfect Outcome

Great landing spot for both. Don't count me among the Ballo doubters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

I'd love to see Ballo succeed at Arizona. I hope Tommy can get him the development and gametime he needs.

Go!! Zags!!!
    My Post has nothing to do with Omar and his success.... he's not the wolf I speak of.... the honeymoon is over... AZ has a new coach who knows GU inside and out.... if you don't think he's going to use it.... Think Again!

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

My Post has nothing to do with Omar and his success.... he's not the wolf I speak of.... the honeymoon is over... AZ has a new coach who knows GU inside and out.... if you don't think he's going to use it.... Think Again!

Go!! Zags!!!
    Spot on. I don’t see a universe that regular season game gets played this year and am pretty confident we won’t be seeing Arizona unless it’s in the tourney for years to come

Quote Originally Posted by Argentum View Post
    I'd love to see Ballo succeed at Arizona. I hope Tommy can get him the development and gametime he needs.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Spot on. I don’t see a universe that regular season game gets played this year and am pretty confident we won’t be seeing Arizona unless it’s in the tourney for years to come
    I think the UA president is enough of a prikc to stick his nose in and insist the game vs Zags happens
    He can move 15 ft to the left or right about as fast as my eyes can see it, his name could just as well be Hunter Hustle -ZagsGoZags 11/17/21

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    I think the UA president is enough of a prikc to stick his nose in and insist the game vs Zags happens
    Gonzaga has a president too!
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Why wouldn't Tommy and Few want to play the game vs against each other now? I don't get it? 2 premier west cost programs should play.

Anyways sucks to see BAllo go but as stated Gregg passed im in the rotation and we can use this scholly on someone that can get up and down the court 5 times consecutively.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon_zag View Post
    Why wouldn't Tommy and Few want to play the game vs against each other now? I don't get it? 2 premier west cost programs should play.

Anyways sucks to see BAllo go but as stated Gregg passed im in the rotation and we can use this scholly on someone that can get up and down the court 5 times consecutively.
    Same reason we haven’t played boise or Minnesota or Long Beach state—- few doesn’t like playing his friends

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Same reason we havenít played boise or Minnesota or Long Beach stateó- few doesnít like playing his friends
    I donít get that. He has a ton of good friends across the country that he coaches against all the time. Especially if itís the 2 premier west coast programs though I see UCLA entering that conversation soon.

Nick Saban coaches against his old assistants all the time (and normally beats the tar out of them).