• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Vulture
    Zag for Life
    • May 2008

Originally posted by NEC26 View Post
    I may be wrong but didn't Ballo reclassify and then sit a year? Why do you say there is zero chance?

Just curious.
    Ballo was forced to sit due to academic reasons with credits but counting. Zeng is not coming to GU early, to RS, just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• mgadfly
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by hockeyzag View Post
      Assuming Timme and Nembhard return this upcoming season, we will have 6 of the top 9 recruits in Gonzaga history playing on one team (according to 24/7 sports). https://247sports.com/college/gonzag...tball/Commits/

1. Chet Holmgren
      2. Hunter Sallis

3. Jalen Suggs
      4. Andrew Nembhard
      5. Zach Collins
      6. Austin Daye
      7. Drew Timme
      8. Anton Watson
      9. Kaden Perry

Now I know recruiting rankings don't equal wins, if you scroll further you see names like Theo Davis and Pavel Zakharov in the top 11. But boy oh boy have things changed in Zagville these past three years.
      I think if we are adding Andrew Nembhard to the list (who didn't initially sign here) we have to add other transfers as well. Meaning #5 is Micah Downs and #7 is NWG. Might be missing some other transfer too, but those two come to mind. Meaning we'd have 6 of the top 11 all-time.

Comment

• willandi
        Zag for Life
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by mgadfly View Post
        I think if we are adding Andrew Nembhard to the list (who didn't initially sign here) we have to add other transfers as well. Meaning #5 is Micah Downs and #7 is NWG. Might be missing some other transfer too, but those two come to mind. Meaning we'd have 6 of the top 11 all-time.
        Dickau?

I don't know where he was rated.
        Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• CDC84
          Super Moderator
          • Feb 2007

I think their could be someone on the transfer market who is an upperclassman who is a sharpshooter that Few will pursue.

I feel Timme will be back. Either way, I kind of want to go back to the 2 big man lineup. Sticking with the 4 perimeters in the Baylor game and switching everything just left Timme alone too many times against those great Baylor guards.

Comment

• maynard g krebs
            Zag for Life
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by willandi View Post
            Dickau?

I don't know where he was rated.
            100-150 range in his class probably. SI had him as #25 pg in his class. Long Beach Press-Telegram's best in the west list had him 14th in the west. Said he got advised by some coaches to play at a mid major because of lack of size/strength/athleticism. Initially chose UW over Stanford, if my memory's correct.

Comment

• bballbeachbum
              Zag for Life
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
              I think their could be someone on the transfer market who is an upperclassman who is a sharpshooter that Few will pursue.

I feel Timme will be back. Either way, I kind of want to go back to the 2 big man lineup. Sticking with the 4 perimeters in the Baylor game and switching everything just left Timme alone too many times against those great Baylor guards.
              if a transfer like that arrives, Few could go 9 deep with a talented rotation, with Drew back too, another way to combat what you're talking about imo. more options, more for the opposition to prepare for, more foul issue answers, just more pieces to play with maybe the best depth Few's had? idk, looks pretty deep tho I don't know the new players except from some vids.

Any inside word on Aaron?

re. the OP, WOW, and Few may have the option to develop a consistent 9 man rotation depending on what happens, try some different things with the talent depth. all for one and one for all

Comment

• whatazag
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

I was thinking the same thing (and including Kyle Wiltjer makes it 6/12), but still impressive.

Comment

• ZagRecruitWatch
                  Kennel Club Alum
                  • Jul 2019

Wiltjer is the one that came to my mind if we're counting transfers

Comment

• Hoopaholic
                    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by GonzaGAW View Post
                    - does anybody know what chet's high school stats are for shooting the 3?
                    - i read all the time that he is a good 3 point shooter, but never a mention at what percentage.
                    38% this year. 29% junior year
                    The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• Mr Vulture
                      Zag for Life
                      • May 2008

Timme is going to be on next years team. It’s not even a question really. So will Nembhard. The only question at this point is what Cook does as there’s not much out there about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• hockeyzag
                        Bleeds GU Blue
                        • Jul 2007

Ah, you're right. Should've also added Wiltjer like whatazag mentioned, and Jonathan Williams.

So that's 6 of the top 13? Here's a list I made:

1 Chet Holmgren 1.0000 2021
                        2 Hunter Sallis 0.9972 2021

3 Jalen Suggs 0.9968 2020
                        4 Andrew Nembhard 0.9926 2018
                        5 Micah Downs 0.9924 2005
                        6 Kyle Wiltjer 0.9921 2011
                        7 Zach Collins 0.9894 2016
                        8 Nigel Williams-Goss 0.9872 2013
                        9 Austin Daye 0.9864 2007
                        10 Jonathan Williams 0.9835 2013
                        11 Drew Timme 0.9829 2019
                        12 Anton Watson 0.9813 2019
                        13 Kaden Perry 0.9793 2021

14 Theo Davis 0.9785 2006
                        15 Matt Bouldin 0.9783 2006
                        "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
                        -Zach Norvell Jr.

Comment

• scott257
                          Zag for Life
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by hockeyzag View Post
                          Ah, you're right. Should've also added Wiltjer like whatazag mentioned, and Jonathan Williams.

So that's 6 of the top 13? Here's a list I made:

1 Chet Holmgren 1.0000 2021
                          2 Hunter Sallis 0.9972 2021

3 Jalen Suggs 0.9968 2020
                          4 Andrew Nembhard 0.9926 2018
                          5 Micah Downs 0.9924 2005
                          6 Kyle Wiltjer 0.9921 2011
                          7 Zach Collins 0.9894 2016
                          8 Nigel Williams-Goss 0.9872 2013
                          9 Austin Daye 0.9864 2007
                          10 Jonathan Williams 0.9835 2013
                          11 Drew Timme 0.9829 2019
                          12 Anton Watson 0.9813 2019
                          13 Kaden Perry 0.9793 2021

14 Theo Davis 0.9785 2006
                          15 Matt Bouldin 0.9783 2006
                          Each year is a snapshot in time. You are trying to be accurate with a list that is never going to be accurate. The bottom line here is we have a good bunch of players coming in but I would welcome a lower ranked player like Adam Morrison anytime. Just curious, where would Stephen Curry be on the list?

Comment

• scrooner
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Pretty wild how Theo Davis turned out. Transferred to Binghamton and scored 4 points in 7 games, and then transferred to Rogers State in the NAIA where he averaged 7 & 5 for a season, and then to Brock University in Canada.

Comment

• exclusivelee
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2013

Some of the major recruiting sites don't rank recruits who didnt play any games in the US. Sabonis was ranked as a top 25 recruit and as a 5 star by 247sports by Jerry Meyer, but ESPN doesnt rate internationals at all, while Rivals would give a rating (4star to Sabonis) but not a ranking. Similar thing happened with Ballo (5 star rating by rivals, ranked and rated 4 star by 247, not rated by espn) and Arlauskas (4 star rating by rivals, ranked & rated 4 star by 247, and not rated by espn). Therefore, the composite rankings of Sabonis, Ballo, and Arlauskas suffer.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

Next year’s team will need to gel quickly to approximate this year’s quality by the Dance. Can’t lose the talent we have and stay even. Lots of PO-tential. But top ten most of the year.

Comment

Working...
                                X