Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wish List: Transfers

Default Wish List: Transfers

Thank you to ZagNative for updating the scholarship chart! With it presumed Chet is still coming on board, it appears we have room for 2 more on the roster (assuming Fanbo reclassifies and Drew/Andrew return).

Looking at the current transfer portal rankings, who are guys on your wish list for next years team?

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...nkings-2021-22

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...ers-available/

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Ba...ransferPortal/

Here are mine and I have no inside info. I want a pg leader off the bench or a shooter, and a rebounder/basket defender:

Tre Williams- Umass. I imagine he wants to go somewhere he would star, but led umass in points, blocks and rebounds. Definitely a high caliber kid

Marcus Williams- Fr. Wyoming 14 ppg and 5 assists.. backup this year to Nemby, run the show in '22

Myles Johnson- Jr. Rutgers. 8.5 points, 2.4 blocks per game. Would be an inside defender, rebounder and hustle guy

Tanner Groves-- Eastern Wash. People on here have already said not going to happen, so I will just dream this one.

Jacob Young- Rutgers. Tough as nails, and a 37% three point shooter. Experience in the Big10, averaging 14 ppg last year.. Would be a great shooter off the bench.

Darryl Morsell- great defender from Maryland. Would be a Cook type replacement

Brady Manek- Okalahoma.. 6'9 and shooting 38% from three.. had an off game vs GU but would be a great gunner off the bench with size

Cheikh Mbacke Diong- UNLV. 9 points, 7 rebounds and 1 block per game at UNLV. 7'3 wingspan.. could get board and block shots.

Daejon Davis- Stanford pg, former GU recruit. 10 ppg and shot 36 % from three. Could bring veteran leadership off the bench. must be a smart kid too.

John Harrar- Penn State.. 9 rebounds per game.. one of the better rebounders in the big 10

Darrion Tramell-- Seattle. Saw him play in person a few times.. hes a stud and has 3 years of eligibility left. PG averaged 21 pts and 5 assists.

Brady Manek is already gone to UNC. Tanner groves has his final four and they are Texas, Oklahoma, Portland and Wazzou.

Anyways mine? Daejon Davis. If we don’t get him I have no clue, might be something better down the line
    Qualified for 23 Straight Big Dances

12 Straight Round of 32s

11 Sweet Sixteens (6 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    Brady Manek is already gone to UNC. Tanner groves has his final four and they are Texas, Oklahoma, Portland and Wazzou.

Anyways mine? Daejon Davis. If we don’t get him I have no clue, might be something better down the line
    Didnt see Manek news. Thanks

Fifth year....great student
    Justin Jaworski, Lafayette, Sr., G, 6-3, 196, Schwenksville, Pa./Perkiomen Valley
    2020-21 Stats: 21.5 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 2.3 apg, .463 FG%, .398 3PT%

Jaworski, a First Team All-Patriot League selection, led the League and finished 10th in NCAA DI in scoring (21.5 ppg), while shooting .398 from beyond the arc. He finished his career fifth in Patriot League menís basketball history in 3-point field goal percentage (.422). Jaworski was also named the Patriot League Menís Basketball Scholar-Athlete of the Year and became the eighth League menís basketball student-athlete to be named to the Academic All-League team three times.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Fifth year....great student
    Justin Jaworski, Lafayette, Sr., G, 6-3, 196, Schwenksville, Pa./Perkiomen Valley
    2020-21 Stats: 21.5 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 2.3 apg, .463 FG%, .398 3PT%

Jaworski, a First Team All-Patriot League selection, led the League and finished 10th in NCAA DI in scoring (21.5 ppg), while shooting .398 from beyond the arc. He finished his career fifth in Patriot League men’s basketball history in 3-point field goal percentage (.422). Jaworski was also named the Patriot League Men’s Basketball Scholar-Athlete of the Year and became the eighth League men’s basketball student-athlete to be named to the Academic All-League team three times.
    I like that!! Is he related to Ron?

Perhaps I missed it somewhere, but what about Cook? With this year not counting towards eligibility, couldn't he come back? Already has a year in the system and is an excellent defensive player.

Quote Originally Posted by zagamatic View Post
    Perhaps I missed it somewhere, but what about Cook? With this year not counting towards eligibility, couldn't he come back? Already has a year in the system and is an excellent defensive player.
    Would love if cookie came back. Haven’t heard he is considering that though...

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Would love if cookie came back. Havenít heard he is considering that though...
    I guess he could go for his doctorate...
    Ihre Papiere bitte

We’ve assumed due to his age that he’s gone.

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoilzag View Post
    I guess he could go for his doctorate...
    He’s such a great student, one more year then a faculty appointment.

Harmon from OU, Miller from Illinois, Hamilton from UNLV, Young out of Rutgers, and sleeper pick is Mike Nuga out of Kent State.

Marcus Carr

Kerr Kriisa

James Akinjo

Marcus Williams

Bryce Thompson

Mbacke Diong

D.J. Jeffries

Quote Originally Posted by ET2021 View Post
    Kerr Kriisa

Here's Kriisa as a 19 year old torching the Lithuanian national team (granted the Lithuanian team wasn't full strength, but it still featured Euroleague players) and getting a historical W for Estonia.

Quote Originally Posted by Jstock12 View Post

Here's Kriisa as a 19 year old torching the Lithuanian national team (granted the Lithuanian team wasn't full strength, but it still featured Euroleague players) and getting a historical W for Estonia.

That would be poaching from Tommy?

Tommy's going to do the same thing at AZ as he was doing here. He doesn't know any other way and he knows what breeds success. I know there will be some competition and maybe some conflicts in pursuit of players........it's almost inevitable. But....I doubt Tom will be traveling too much overseas since his duties as a head coach will preclude that, As soon as next year though, there will likely be a divergence in program candidates. Replicating GU ina Power 5 west coast team would be hard. He's in a spot where he's got alumni breathing down his neck and a vocal group at that. That never happened at GU.
    He's got a tough job.........not as severe as the UCLA job but still quite difficult. Get that boy a set of earplugs to drown out the voices in his ear and a set of over mitts so he can grab the steering wheel of his car when driving in Summer.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Tommy's going to do the same thing at AZ as he was doing here. He doesn't know any other way and he knows what breeds success. I know there will be some competition and maybe some conflicts in pursuit of players........it's almost inevitable. But....I doubt Tom will be traveling too much overseas since his duties as a head coach will preclude that, As soon as next year though, there will likely be a divergence in program candidates. Replicating GU ina Power 5 west coast team would be hard. He's in a spot where he's got alumni breathing down his neck and a vocal group at that. That never happened at GU.
    He's got a tough job.........not as severe as the UCLA job but still quite difficult. Get that boy a set of earplugs to drown out the voices in his ear and a set of over mitts so he can grab the steering wheel of his car when driving in Summer.
    The AZ player alumns remind me of the phrase “crabs in a barrell”. One wonders if they’d rather see Tommy Lloyd fail than ever have to concede he was a great hire.
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

I know he is gone, but I would have loved to have had Tanner Groves with 2 years left. I would love to see Carr from Minnesota, he has that speed and quickness that you just can't teach. Remember the guy we had from North Texas State 2 years ago ? His speed and quickness made that team go. Like Carr the Knock on him was that he couldn't shoot 3s, but when he got here with better players around him, he shot 44% from 3. Better players around him could make that same difference in Carr's game. The talent is there and I think our staff could bring out the best in Carr's game. I have as even better wish though, Suggs comes back to work on his weaknesses, play with his buddy Chet, go undefeated , and bring home a championship. How does that sound ?

You mean Woolridge?

Quote Originally Posted by ZANY View Post
    You mean Woolridge?
    That's the man. Remember how his speed and quickness made that team run. I think Carr could do the same to next year's team.

Suggs coming back would be a dream come true. Maybe have visions of full court passes, driving to the hoop, steals and last second shot dancing thru our heads in our dreams tonight.

Yes I know what you mean. He was alway good for at least one basket a game where he would just drive the length of the court before the defense set up or knew what was happening. I donít know much about Carr Iíll have to look at him.

Can you imagine the pressure though if Suggs did come back? Talk about national champs or bust. Iíd be a wreck the whole season because with him and the rest of the crew really anything other than winning it all would be a huge disappointment.

How about a bit of Paulo Banchero buyer’s remorse and a subsequent commitment to GU. That would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    How about a bit of Paulo Banchero buyer’s remorse and a subsequent commitment to GU. That would be fun.
    I would LOVE that! And take him, no questions asked.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by ZANY View Post
    Can you imagine the pressure though if Suggs did come back? Talk about national champs or bust. I’d be a wreck the whole season because with him and the rest of the crew really anything other than winning it all would be a huge disappointment.
    A team of Suggs, Sallis, Nembhard, Holmgren, and Timme would be on another level so the expectations would rightfully be high