Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34

Thread: Wish List: Transfers

  1. #1

    Default Wish List: Transfers

    Thank you to ZagNative for updating the scholarship chart! With it presumed Chet is still coming on board, it appears we have room for 2 more on the roster (assuming Fanbo reclassifies and Drew/Andrew return).

    Looking at the current transfer portal rankings, who are guys on your wish list for next years team?

    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...nkings-2021-22

    https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...ers-available/

    https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Ba...ransferPortal/

    Here are mine and I have no inside info. I want a pg leader off the bench or a shooter, and a rebounder/basket defender:

    Tre Williams- Umass. I imagine he wants to go somewhere he would star, but led umass in points, blocks and rebounds. Definitely a high caliber kid

    Marcus Williams- Fr. Wyoming 14 ppg and 5 assists.. backup this year to Nemby, run the show in '22

    Myles Johnson- Jr. Rutgers. 8.5 points, 2.4 blocks per game. Would be an inside defender, rebounder and hustle guy

    Tanner Groves-- Eastern Wash. People on here have already said not going to happen, so I will just dream this one.

    Jacob Young- Rutgers. Tough as nails, and a 37% three point shooter. Experience in the Big10, averaging 14 ppg last year.. Would be a great shooter off the bench.

    Darryl Morsell- great defender from Maryland. Would be a Cook type replacement

    Brady Manek- Okalahoma.. 6'9 and shooting 38% from three.. had an off game vs GU but would be a great gunner off the bench with size

    Cheikh Mbacke Diong- UNLV. 9 points, 7 rebounds and 1 block per game at UNLV. 7'3 wingspan.. could get board and block shots.

    Daejon Davis- Stanford pg, former GU recruit. 10 ppg and shot 36 % from three. Could bring veteran leadership off the bench. must be a smart kid too.

    John Harrar- Penn State.. 9 rebounds per game.. one of the better rebounders in the big 10

    Darrion Tramell-- Seattle. Saw him play in person a few times.. hes a stud and has 3 years of eligibility left. PG averaged 21 pts and 5 assists.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    9,597

    Default

    Brady Manek is already gone to UNC. Tanner groves has his final four and they are Texas, Oklahoma, Portland and Wazzou.

    Anyways mine? Daejon Davis. If we don’t get him I have no clue, might be something better down the line
    Qualified for 23 Straight Big Dances

    12 Straight Round of 32s

    11 Sweet Sixteens (6 Straight)

    4 Elite Eights

    2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

    2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

    2021 Undefeated Regular Season

    The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    Brady Manek is already gone to UNC. Tanner groves has his final four and they are Texas, Oklahoma, Portland and Wazzou.

    Anyways mine? Daejon Davis. If we don’t get him I have no clue, might be something better down the line
    Didnt see Manek news. Thanks

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,257

    Default

    Fifth year....great student
    Justin Jaworski, Lafayette, Sr., G, 6-3, 196, Schwenksville, Pa./Perkiomen Valley
    2020-21 Stats: 21.5 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 2.3 apg, .463 FG%, .398 3PT%

    Jaworski, a First Team All-Patriot League selection, led the League and finished 10th in NCAA DI in scoring (21.5 ppg), while shooting .398 from beyond the arc. He finished his career fifth in Patriot League menís basketball history in 3-point field goal percentage (.422). Jaworski was also named the Patriot League Menís Basketball Scholar-Athlete of the Year and became the eighth League menís basketball student-athlete to be named to the Academic All-League team three times.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Fifth year....great student
    Justin Jaworski, Lafayette, Sr., G, 6-3, 196, Schwenksville, Pa./Perkiomen Valley
    2020-21 Stats: 21.5 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 2.3 apg, .463 FG%, .398 3PT%

    Jaworski, a First Team All-Patriot League selection, led the League and finished 10th in NCAA DI in scoring (21.5 ppg), while shooting .398 from beyond the arc. He finished his career fifth in Patriot League men’s basketball history in 3-point field goal percentage (.422). Jaworski was also named the Patriot League Men’s Basketball Scholar-Athlete of the Year and became the eighth League men’s basketball student-athlete to be named to the Academic All-League team three times.
    I like that!! Is he related to Ron?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,365

    Default

    Perhaps I missed it somewhere, but what about Cook? With this year not counting towards eligibility, couldn't he come back? Already has a year in the system and is an excellent defensive player.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagamatic View Post
    Perhaps I missed it somewhere, but what about Cook? With this year not counting towards eligibility, couldn't he come back? Already has a year in the system and is an excellent defensive player.
    Would love if cookie came back. Haven’t heard he is considering that though...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    South Hill
    Posts
    842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Would love if cookie came back. Havenít heard he is considering that though...
    I guess he could go for his doctorate...
    Ihre Papiere bitte

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,257

    Default

    We’ve assumed due to his age that he’s gone.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinfoilzag View Post
    I guess he could go for his doctorate...
    He’s such a great student, one more year then a faculty appointment.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    546

    Default

    Harmon from OU, Miller from Illinois, Hamilton from UNLV, Young out of Rutgers, and sleeper pick is Mike Nuga out of Kent State.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Marcus Carr

    Kerr Kriisa

    James Akinjo

    Marcus Williams

    Bryce Thompson

    Mbacke Diong

    D.J. Jeffries

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ET2021 View Post
    Kerr Kriisa


    Here's Kriisa as a 19 year old torching the Lithuanian national team (granted the Lithuanian team wasn't full strength, but it still featured Euroleague players) and getting a historical W for Estonia.


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jstock12 View Post


    Here's Kriisa as a 19 year old torching the Lithuanian national team (granted the Lithuanian team wasn't full strength, but it still featured Euroleague players) and getting a historical W for Estonia.

    That would be poaching from Tommy?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,366

    Default

    Tommy's going to do the same thing at AZ as he was doing here. He doesn't know any other way and he knows what breeds success. I know there will be some competition and maybe some conflicts in pursuit of players........it's almost inevitable. But....I doubt Tom will be traveling too much overseas since his duties as a head coach will preclude that, As soon as next year though, there will likely be a divergence in program candidates. Replicating GU ina Power 5 west coast team would be hard. He's in a spot where he's got alumni breathing down his neck and a vocal group at that. That never happened at GU.
    He's got a tough job.........not as severe as the UCLA job but still quite difficult. Get that boy a set of earplugs to drown out the voices in his ear and a set of over mitts so he can grab the steering wheel of his car when driving in Summer.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    3,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Tommy's going to do the same thing at AZ as he was doing here. He doesn't know any other way and he knows what breeds success. I know there will be some competition and maybe some conflicts in pursuit of players........it's almost inevitable. But....I doubt Tom will be traveling too much overseas since his duties as a head coach will preclude that, As soon as next year though, there will likely be a divergence in program candidates. Replicating GU ina Power 5 west coast team would be hard. He's in a spot where he's got alumni breathing down his neck and a vocal group at that. That never happened at GU.
    He's got a tough job.........not as severe as the UCLA job but still quite difficult. Get that boy a set of earplugs to drown out the voices in his ear and a set of over mitts so he can grab the steering wheel of his car when driving in Summer.
    The AZ player alumns remind me of the phrase “crabs in a barrell”. One wonders if they’d rather see Tommy Lloyd fail than ever have to concede he was a great hire.
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    cave-in-rock,il
    Posts
    740

    Default

    I know he is gone, but I would have loved to have had Tanner Groves with 2 years left. I would love to see Carr from Minnesota, he has that speed and quickness that you just can't teach. Remember the guy we had from North Texas State 2 years ago ? His speed and quickness made that team go. Like Carr the Knock on him was that he couldn't shoot 3s, but when he got here with better players around him, he shot 44% from 3. Better players around him could make that same difference in Carr's game. The talent is there and I think our staff could bring out the best in Carr's game. I have as even better wish though, Suggs comes back to work on his weaknesses, play with his buddy Chet, go undefeated , and bring home a championship. How does that sound ?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    119

    Default

    You mean Woolridge?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    cave-in-rock,il
    Posts
    740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZANY View Post
    You mean Woolridge?
    That's the man. Remember how his speed and quickness made that team run. I think Carr could do the same to next year's team.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Suggs coming back would be a dream come true. Maybe have visions of full court passes, driving to the hoop, steals and last second shot dancing thru our heads in our dreams tonight.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Yes I know what you mean. He was alway good for at least one basket a game where he would just drive the length of the court before the defense set up or knew what was happening. I donít know much about Carr Iíll have to look at him.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Can you imagine the pressure though if Suggs did come back? Talk about national champs or bust. Iíd be a wreck the whole season because with him and the rest of the crew really anything other than winning it all would be a huge disappointment.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,702

    Default

    How about a bit of Paulo Banchero buyer’s remorse and a subsequent commitment to GU. That would be fun.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    8,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    How about a bit of Paulo Banchero buyer’s remorse and a subsequent commitment to GU. That would be fun.
    I would LOVE that! And take him, no questions asked.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZANY View Post
    Can you imagine the pressure though if Suggs did come back? Talk about national champs or bust. I’d be a wreck the whole season because with him and the rest of the crew really anything other than winning it all would be a huge disappointment.
    A team of Suggs, Sallis, Nembhard, Holmgren, and Timme would be on another level so the expectations would rightfully be high

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •