Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Today is.....

It would be refreshing for a top recruit to just sign a letter and fax it and call it good. Everyone who needs to know would know. No need for a press conference and live tv and five hats on the table. Probably won’t happen that way though.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    It would be refreshing for a top recruit to just sign a letter and fax it and call it good. Everyone who needs to know would know. No need for a press conference and live tv and five hats on the table. Probably won’t happen that way though.
    I'm OK with Hunter Sallis type fanfare. Kid and family deserve their day. Nicely and modestly done. The yearlong winnowing down, that's -- to coin a phrase -- annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Is it your opinion he hasnít decided or is he just building drama?
    Everything you can read makes it seem like a done deal, so I have a hard time thinking he is still undecided. Plus you don't hear much about recruiting efforts with him anymore. A little odd it's taking so long but I am not worried at all. Still will be happy when we have a date though.

Huge decision. Especially when the G league offers significant money.

I wouldn't worry. Just about every recruiting analyst out there has Chet Holmgren going to Gonzaga. It would take a massive error for that to be wrong, and if that's the case it is well outside of control anyways. Hard to see the G League being an option when he has repeatedly said he will be going to college.

Quote Originally Posted by ET2021 View Post
    I wouldn't worry. Just about every recruiting analyst out there has Chet Holmgren going to Gonzaga. It would take a massive error for that to be wrong, and if that's the case it is well outside of control anyways. Hard to see the G League being an option when he has repeatedly said he will be going to college.
    Yeah gotta think that if there was even a whiff of Chet going G-league it would have leaked by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Spink View Post
    I hope this gets me suspended for 24 hours...you are annoying.
    Jazz has thick skin and Iím thinking that your post has a decent probability of being worn as a badge of honor

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Not Kevorkian, the character Bill Murray played in Ghostbusters.
    Ironically, kind of a close comparison.

I try to lay it on pretty thick but some folks just can't/won't accept that it's done in jest!

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Paging Dr. Venkman, I thought he was more humorous than annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by drvenkman05 View Post
    I try to lay it on pretty thick but some folks just can't/won't accept that it's done in jest!
    Annoyance in his middle name.

I am crossing my fingers. We are picked #1 so far for next season by many prognosticators.
    I crossed my fingers when it took Suggs a little longer than I expected to announce
    and it worked out.
    I am going to try the same tactic now.
    I wonder if the basketball gods would accept a ceremonial sacrifice ...

Suggs hasn’t announced. Is it crazy to think that maybe, just maybe, he’ll stick around to play with Chet next year?

Quote Originally Posted by JAGzag View Post
    Suggs hasn’t announced. Is it crazy to think that maybe, just maybe, he’ll stick around to play with Chet next year?
    It's very hard to see Suggs turning down the opportunity to be drafted in the top five. I wouldn't read much into it.

No crazier than to think the U of A admin has any brains.

It's very hard to see Suggs turning down the opportunity to be drafted in the top five. I wouldn't read much into it.
    Logically, yes. Agreed. But Suggs is built differently. Top 5 this year, top 5 next year. I know, dreaming.

I'd have to take 19 to 1 odds, to bet on it,
    however, top college players have stayed one more year for various reasons before.
    its so unlikely i am not willing to invest any hope in it.
    As i mentioned about a week ago, what a great thing if Suggs wanted revenge and a
    Nat'l championship and asked chet to come over and help him get it. Lots of fun to talk
    about, like, what would you do if you won the lottery.

- yes, everyone just relax, breathe.
    - chet will make his decision known when he wants to, on his schedule, not ours.
    - this is like a bad rerun of the tea leaf reading that came with the timing of jalen suggs announcement.

- in caldwell i trust

Massive error....like Tommy going to Arizona!? Hopefully it has no impact. But I too am surprised we haven't heard anything from Suggs.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagZombie View Post
    Massive error....like Tommy going to Arizona!? Hopefully it has no impact. But I too am surprised we haven't heard anything from Suggs.
    I don't know who was involved in Chet's recruitment but I don't think Tommy had that much influence to sway something like that. I would be very surprised if Suggs stuck around, but stranger things have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    I'd have to take 19 to 1 odds, to bet on it,
    however, top college players have stayed one more year for various reasons before.
    its so unlikely i am not willing to invest any hope in it.
    As i mentioned about a week ago, what a great thing if Suggs wanted revenge and a
    Nat'l championship and asked chet to come over and help him get it. Lots of fun to talk
    about, like, what would you do if you won the lottery.
    I’ll give you 19-1 odds for $5.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post

- in caldwell i trust
    Love Caldwell but he also said that Kessler would be coming and that Tommy would be staying. The fact that most recruiting sites think Chet is going to be a Zag means nothing. In my work, there is a saying that “Time is the death of all deals”. Chet has been on the forecast for a looong time. Should have closed by now. He’s had plenty of chances to commit including today. If he hasn’t done so yet, the the deal is not done and there is a reason why.

Tommy to AZ can’t have helped. People are in his ear and the longer he is out there, the lower our odds, IMO.

ZZ

Quote Originally Posted by zagzilla View Post
    Love Caldwell but he also said that Kessler would be coming and that Tommy would be staying. The fact that most recruiting sites think Chet is going to be a Zag means nothing. In my work, there is a saying that “Time is the death of all deals”. Chet has been on the forecast for a looong time. Should have closed by now. He’s had plenty of chances to commit including today. If he hasn’t done so yet, the the deal is not done and there is a reason why.

Tommy to AZ can’t have helped. People are in his ear and the longer he is out there, the lower our odds, IMO.

ZZ
    To my knowledge, Caldwell never said Tommy was staying. Kessler's recruitment was a wildcard. No one knew what was going on in that saga.

College recruiting is never a done deal until it signed and delivered, I'll give you that...but I have never seen every recruiting analyst forecast a school for a recruit and then get it wrong.

Logically, yes. Agreed. But Suggs is built differently. Top 5 this year, top 5 next year. I know, dreaming.
    Somebody get Joakim Noah on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by zagzilla View Post
    Love Caldwell but he also said that Kessler would be coming and that Tommy would be staying. The fact that most recruiting sites think Chet is going to be a Zag means nothing. In my work, there is a saying that ďTime is the death of all dealsĒ. Chet has been on the forecast for a looong time. Should have closed by now. Heís had plenty of chances to commit including today. If he hasnít done so yet, the the deal is not done and there is a reason why.

Tommy to AZ canít have helped. People are in his ear and the longer he is out there, the lower our odds, IMO.

ZZ
    Um, Caldwell was the first one who mentioned Tommy could be leaving, even before Miller was fired, even before a single mention of this was on either this or the AZ board.

But Iíll agree the fact that he has t signed means there is a reason, and he could be considering another option.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Somebody get Joakim Noah on the phone.
    Multiple players on that team were first rounders and came back didnít they?