Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 55

Thread: Today is.....

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    San Diego, Ca.
    Posts
    8,002

    Default Today is.....

    "National Letter of Intent and National Signing Day."


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    255

    Default

    Come on Chet!
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,780

    Default

    This would be welcome news to drop the announcement today, but it seems like that would break the ritual protocol of announcing an announcement date, specifying the final 5, etc...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    19,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    This would be welcome news to drop the announcement today, but it seems like that would break the ritual protocol of announcing an announcement date, specifying the final 5, etc...
    Isn't he past all that? He's graduating high school in a matter of weeks, for goodness sakes. Maybe Jim Gray is sniffing around.

    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...r-lebron-james

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    905

    Default

    He won't be giving a final 5 but he did say this week he's looking at setting an announcement soon. I don't think he's just going to drop a tweet saying his choice.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    19,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    He won't be giving a final 5 but he did say this week he's looking at setting an announcement soon. I don't think he's just going to drop a tweet saying his choice.
    Is it your opinion he hasn’t decided or is he just building drama?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Posts
    1,233

    Default

    I’m sorry but at this point, after his season, if he hasn’t announced that can’t be a good sign, right??

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    19,044

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAGzag View Post
    I’m sorry but at this point, after his season, if he hasn’t announced that can’t be a good sign, right??
    In watching his interview on CBS, he genuinely seemed like he just wanted to focus on winning a state championship and that he might think it rude to draw attention to himself when his team was making a run.

    Yes, rose colored glasses, but it also fits what we see.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    19,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    In watching his interview on CBS, he genuinely seemed like he just wanted to focus on winning a state championship and that he might think it rude to draw attention to himself when his team was making a run.

    Yes, rose colored glasses, but it also fits what we see.
    They won by 100, surely he knew the likely outcome. Try another rationale, Deez. Or a clearer lens.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    They won by 100, surely he knew the likely outcome. Try another rationale, Deez. Or a clearer lens.
    I hope this gets me suspended for 24 hours...you are annoying.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    8,539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    They won by 100, surely he knew the likely outcome. Try another rationale, Deez. Or a clearer lens.
    "he might think it rude to draw attention to himself when his team was making a run."

    He might want to be a considerate teammate.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    19,044

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    They won by 100, surely he knew the likely outcome. Try another rationale, Deez. Or a clearer lens.
    Yes, see Willandi.

    Not a matter of obviousness, a matter of being a teammate and not drawing resentment from kids that aren't going to college.

    It's possible.

    I think he's sincere in wanting to wait until the end of the season and I think he's going to end up here. I am near positive bc - perhaps other than Michigan - there's nowhere else for him to land that can even compare. And Suggs isn't in his ear talking about the greatness of Michigan and how much he improved and loved his time. Plus, he gets to say to Chet, "You better get there and win it!"
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    19,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spink View Post
    I hope this gets me suspended for 24 hours...you are annoying.
    That's the best you can do? Maybe 24 hours for a weak effort.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spink View Post
    I hope this gets me suspended for 24 hours...you are annoying.
    If the mods do their jobs right, it does. I told someone the exact same thing and that’s what I got suspended for.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    If the mods do their jobs right, it does. I told someone the exact same thing and that’s what I got suspended for.
    Cancel culture is running big time + those with power like to flex it. Could be gone longer. GOZAGS!

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spink View Post
    Cancel culture is running big time + those with power like to flex it. Could be gone longer. GOZAGS!
    See you in 24-48

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    19,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    If the mods do their jobs right, it does. I told someone the exact same thing and that’s what I got suspended for.
    Musta picked the wrong guy, Life.

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Musta picked the wrong guy, Life.
    Lol it was the dude that thinks he’s funny on the game threads that whines about the refs every game and thinks it’s the only reason Gu could ever play bad. He was annoying.

  19. #19

    Default

    Also zero chance Chet commits out of the blue without first declaring the time, date, venue, and color of briefs he will be wearing

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    19,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Lol it was the dude that thinks he’s funny on the game threads that whines about the refs every game and thinks it’s the only reason Gu could ever play bad. He was annoying.
    That hardly narrows it down, Life.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    19,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Also zero chance Chet commits out of the blue without first declaring the time, date, venue, and color of briefs he will be wearing

    Not one, not two, not three........NCAA titles? Like that?

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    10,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Lol it was the dude that thinks he’s funny on the game threads that whines about the refs every game and thinks it’s the only reason Gu could ever play bad. He was annoying.
    Paging Dr. Venkman, I thought he was more humorous than annoying.

  23. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Paging Dr. Venkman, I thought he was more humorous than annoying.
    Maybe the first time—- after 70 times of the same schtick, the humor turns to annoyance for me.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    19,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Paging Dr. Venkman, I thought he was more humorous than annoying.
    The suicide doctor?

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    10,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    The suicide doctor?
    Not Kevorkian, the character Bill Murray played in Ghostbusters.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •