Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021-22 OOC

Quote Originally Posted by zagzilla View Post
    In addition to the ones we already know about, the 4 additional teams teams I would like to see us play in the non-conference schedule (in no particular order). I realize there are many factors and stories about why we won't or don't but as a fan, I want to see these matchups. Also, please no cupcakes...we don't need them. Steel sharpens steel.

Oregon-The next-best program in the PNW. I know, I know....
    Villanova-Jay Wright's teams are always hard-nosed and crafty. Would toughen us up
    UCLA-budding rivalry on the west coast. One for the recruits to see
    Florida State-Their style of play is a nightmare and we won't see anything like it until the dance

Realistically these won't happen but we can dream can't we...?

ZZ
    Is Tennessee still out there and available? There was a game this year that was canceled, right?

Start from scratch. Furlough the WCC for a season. Call it the Zags Tour de Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Mvzags View Post
    Bellarmine is in Louisville, they lost in CBI semifinals against Pepperdine
    Bellarmine is not a team to sleep on at all. Their first year in Division I-A, they threatened to qualify for the tourney (they were not eligible, however, due to their nascent status in I-A). Well-coached. Best team in Kentucky last year.

So pumped about Chet. Good grief - start the season NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    Is Tennessee still out there and available? There was a game this year that was canceled, right?
    Great call. Overlooked Tennessee. Would love to see that rescheduled. Replace Arizona for Tenn?

ZZ

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    So far:

vs. Duke (Las Vegas)
    vs. Texas Tech (Phoenix)
    Empire Classic in New York (Louisville, Oklahoma State, Providence)
    @ Texas
    vs Arizona
    vs Washington
    vs Bellarmine
    vs Tarleton State
    vs Northern Arizona
    vs North Florida

Got room for 4 more I believe(15 non-con + 16 conf)
    My wife isn't going to want to hear this, but I foresee at least 3 road trips: Austin, Phoenix, and Las Vegas. I hope the Zags schedule a couple of high profile home games, to thank the season ticket holders for their contributions over the years.

It was never an issue for me when I was a UTEP season ticket holder back in the 80s. The WAC was so strong back then, there were at least barnburner home conference games. Their Christmas tournament usually had a couple name opponents, too.

Our conference foes are trying, but the Zags are in another universe.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    My wife isn't going to want to hear this, but I foresee at least 3 road trips: Austin, Phoenix, and Las Vegas. I hope the Zags schedule a couple of high profile home games, to thank the season ticket holders for their contributions over the years.

It was never an issue for me when I was a UTEP season ticket holder back in the 80s. The WAC was so strong back then, there were at least barnburner home conference games. Their Christmas tournament usually had a couple name opponents, too.

Our conference foes are trying, but the Zags are in another universe.
    I am salivating over the Empire Classic and am already looking at hotels for me and my son. I'm just curious when tickets go on sale for these MTEs?

Quote Originally Posted by zagzilla View Post
    Great call. Overlooked Tennessee. Would love to see that rescheduled. Replace Arizona for Tenn?

ZZ
    - i don't get it, i really don't. why would the gonzaga v. arizona game be cancelled?
    - i get it, lloyd is their coach now, but come on mark, come on tommy, you are grown men and people are saying you two can't face each other in a game. come on man.

It would be nice to get another home game vs. someone like Purdue. I do not know how good the Boilers will be. I'd like the Tennessee matchup, but I'd like to face a team that GU hasn't played in quite awhile.

I am assuming the Empire Classic is a 2 game tourney. Anyone know who GU's 1st opponent will be?

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    It would be nice to get another home game vs. someone like Purdue. I do not know how good the Boilers will be. I'd like the Tennessee matchup, but I'd like to face a team that GU hasn't played in quite awhile.

I am assuming the Empire Classic is a 2 game tourney. Anyone know who GU's 1st opponent will be?
    - yes it is a 2 gamer. promoters usually seed the top 2 teams on opposite draws, in hopes of getting the best championship game.
    - but the #2 seed is a tough call as oklahoma st., providence and louisville finished 5th, 6th, and 7th in their conferences.
    - i think the #2 seed is going to depend upon which team on paper looks to have upgraded their team the best this off season. i doubt that would be oklahoma st. what with losing cade cunningham.

- nothing more than my guess........zags vs. providence and louisville (#2) vs. oklahoma st.
    - i'd like that as we play too many games against the big 12. i'd like to see us play more big east teams.

What is the best way to get tickets to an away game? My best friend lives in Austin and I'm seriously considering going to the Texas game.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    - i don't get it, i really don't. why would the gonzaga v. arizona game be cancelled?
    - i get it, lloyd is their coach now, but come on mark, come on tommy, you are grown men and people are saying you two can't face each other in a game. come on man.

Sounds like the Arizona series is postponed according the Arizona 24/7 site. Hopefully replaced with someone good other than SW Alcorn State. I personally would like to see them play WSU but Iím biased.

Would love to see Zags get a game vs UCLA to replace Arizona.
    If Bruins think they’re too big time to play in Spokane, heck, agreeing to an @UCLA then @ neutral site game the following season (Zags vs Bruins in Vegas 2022-23 anyone!?) would be worth it for Zags. Recruiting SoCal kids needs to continue, playing @UCLA and winning is a great recruiting op. If Enfield wasn’t such a rick I’d be happy w a game vs USC
    He can move 15 ft to the left or right about as fast as my eyes can see it, his name could just as well be Hunter Hustle -ZagsGoZags 11/17/21

Default 2021-22 OOC

Quote Originally Posted by 509er View Post
    Sounds like the Arizona series is postponed according the Arizona 24/7 site. Hopefully replaced with someone good other than SW Alcorn State. I personally would like to see them play WSU but Iím biased.
    They owe us a return game, a transfer, and multiple recruits now

- will always think it is lame lame lame that the arizona v. gonzaga game is cancelled. gutless. anybody, anyplace, anytime just went out the window.

- that said and off my chest, this gives mark an opportunity to schedule a tougher game, and i think the schedule will see at least 2 top 20 teams.

- last year we all remember the gauntlet of kansas, iowa, west virginia and virginia, who ended up i believe as 2,3,4 and 4 seeds. plus byu an 11 seed.
    - by contrast lunardi's early bracket only has us playing these seeds, duke 4, texas 5, okla st or louisville an 8 or 9 seed, and st. mary an 11 seed. that is a walk in the park compared to last year.

Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    What's the point of playing Washington?
    1. I like beating UW.
    2. Recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    1. I like beating UW.
    2. Recruiting.
    Good job, Abe! You gave him TWO good reasons for playing UDub.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Good job, Abe! You gave him TWO good reasons for playing UDub.
    I wonder why Seattle kids just don't go to Gonzaga ? Kids from all over the world go to Gonzaga, but not Kids from Seattle, why ?
    Last edited by TheOtherGreatOne; 04-26-2021 at 02:06 PM.

Fed nonsense by Seattle media. Always a slur against Gonzaga but especially Spokane. According to the elitists in Seattle, Spokane is like being in Siberia! lol.

we have only had a few, stephan grey, kispert, gary bell, dan d. ?
    who am I forgetting?

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    who am I forgetting?
    Kinda have to put Cory in there.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bayÖ small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

who am I forgetting?
    Dickau was from just outside of Portland, unless you’re counting his 2 years at UW.

who am I forgetting?
    Erroll Knight comes to mind

I can see us scheduling New Mexico in the future.

https://www.midmajormadness.com/2021...-few-interview

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    I can see us scheduling New Mexico in the future.

https://www.midmajormadness.com/2021...-few-interview
    Maybe a buy game or a 2 for 1 if anything. New Mexico went completely downhill after a season after Steve Alford left for UCLA. New Mexico had been doing great locking up high end transfers but couldnt put it together and remain competitive on the court

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    Kinda have to put Cory in there.
    Hi Kitzbuel,
    I did, I put Kispert.
    but if this is all we have, that is amazingly few considering the proximity
    there must be more ...