Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 54

Thread: Kessler to auburn according to 247 sports

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    900

    Default

    We are still one of if not the best program for skilled bigs. This will open the door for a current high schooler or future transfer. Would have been great to get him, will be just fine without him.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    502

    Default

    Auburn wasn’t even listed as a good win for the Zags in the non conference schedule at the beginning of the season. I guess that tells you something about the state of the program. Average at best in performance. Just saying 😎

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    15,278

    Default

    Come on gang. Don't trash the kid. Really not called for.
    But we don't play nobody.

  4. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Come on gang. Don't trash the kid. Really not called for.
    Once again, what is "trashing the kid"? Saying he wants to go to a place where he values being a focal point as opposed to having a chance to win it all? That's damn near a fact. Saying he signed up to play for a sleazy coach? That is a fact. I havent read anything that is "trashing the kid". Come on.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    San Diego, Ca.
    Posts
    8,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Once again, what is "trashing the kid"? Saying he wants to go to a place where he values being a focal point as opposed to having a chance to win it all? That's damn near a fact. Saying he signed up to play for a sleazy coach? That is a fact. I havent read anything that is "trashing the kid". Come on.
    Some want truth over facts.


  6. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    Some want truth over facts.

    Its not truth to say Gonzaga has a much better chance to win it all next year than Auburn? Oddsmakers would disagree.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,366

    Default

    Forget about this. He's gone if he was ever going to be here, Happens all the time. I always thought we had little chance anyway. He's from the Destin FL anyway. Auburn is close to home and the coach has motor mouth and can be slick and convincing. Best to let this one go. We have need of a big. Chet is promising. Chances he comes are higher than not. I do know we can't have Drew beat up down low like he was in the last two games. We knew all along we were one big short. Some thought Anton would help out,..and he did but only a little, not enough.
    7 months in the offseason. We do have Kaden and he'll dazzle. Meanwhile........it's not going to be Kessler Walker. Brighter days ahead.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagzilla View Post
    G League or another NCAA program in that order. He has been in the wind for a long time. If he was truly locked in on GU, he could have said so by now. Ask me again in a week. I will be happy to eat some crow in this if/when he signs

    ZZ
    Let us know how you like your crow, just saying.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    19,954

    Default

    This thread is done and done, like Pearl's integrity.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,655

    Default

    There has been a lot of digital ink spilled over a guy who averaged 4 pts and 3 rebounds, and turned the Zags down once already. He's supposedly only an average athlete with lots of scoring moves (I never watched him play, so if he's an amazing player that was completely misused at UNC I apologize for my ignorance). I'd prefer to have a less highly rated athletic rim defender who can switch screens and clean things up around the basket.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    There has been a lot of digital ink spilled over a guy who averaged 4 pts and 3 rebounds, and turned the Zags down once already. He's supposedly only an average athlete with lots of scoring moves (I never watched him play, so if he's an amazing player that was completely misused at UNC I apologize for my ignorance). I'd prefer to have a less highly rated athletic rim defender who can switch screens and clean things up around the basket.
    Not only that, I have to say I'm a bit amazed at some of the thinking around here - it borders on being greedy talent-wise. It seems like Timme is sticking around & that Holmgren, the 7' 1" 3-4-5 unicorn, is going to be a Zag. We have a 4-star big that came in this year (Gregg) combined with another 4-star big who will be coming in the fall (Perry). Those guys, combined with Timme & Watson, should be more than enough to keep the frontcourt humming along. Now throw in a primed Strawther at 3-4 as well and the team is sitting pretty.

    The cupboard is overflowing talent already.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    19,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    Not only that, I have to say I'm a bit amazed at some of the thinking around here - it borders on being greedy talent-wise. It seems like Timme is sticking around & that Holmgren, the 7' 1" 3-4-5 unicorn, is going to be a Zag. We have a 4-star big that came in this year (Gregg) combined with another 4-star big who will be coming in the fall (Perry). Those guys, combined with Timme & Watson, should be more than enough to keep the frontcourt humming along. Now throw in a primed Strawther at 3-4 as well and the team is sitting pretty.

    The cupboard is overflowing talent already.
    For want of a better word, greed is good......

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    10,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    For want of a better word, greed is good......


    I didn't know GG was a fan of the Zags...

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    For want of a better word, greed is good......
    The love of mammon is the root of all kinds of evil.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    19,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    The love of mammon is the root of all kinds of evil.
    Some good stuff, tho....

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,036

    Default

    Hell hath no fury like that of a scorned Zag fan.

    Age old reminder - these are kids, and they are entitled to make their choice for any reasons, including most which we have no insight into.

    Damned y'all. With no more bigs, we're an Elite 8 team with Timme and Watson starting, and Gregg backing up. Relax.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    19,954

    Default

    Notice "y'all" is growing in popularity on the board? Did GU secede to the SEC?

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Its not truth to say Gonzaga has a much better chance to win it all next year than Auburn? Oddsmakers would disagree.
    Odds to win the title next year: Gonzaga 9:1; UCLA 10:1; Auburn 40:1. Auburn has a chance but Lower down the list from a number of other schools.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    3,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    Hell hath no fury like that of a scorned Zag fan.

    Age old reminder - these are kids, and they are entitled to make their choice for any reasons, including most which we have no insight into.

    Damned y'all. With no more bigs, we're an Elite 8 team with Timme and Watson starting, and Gregg backing up. Relax.
    I’m high on Kaden Perry.
    He can move 15 ft to the left or right about as fast as my eyes can see it, his name could just as well be Hunter Hustle -ZagsGoZags 11/17/21

  20. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    I’m high on Kaden Perry.
    Me too. He’s no walker kessler right now but he’s no chopped liver.

    Something tells me we aren’t done yet though. Doubt that ballo and zac are both leaving because of one more year of timme and Chet.. neither perry or Gregg are centers. Is the scholarship chart updated? I am guessing a grad transfer guard and a mobile big.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Me too. He’s no walker kessler right now but he’s no chopped liver.

    Something tells me we aren’t done yet though. Doubt that ballo and zac are both leaving because of one more year of timme and Chet.. neither perry or Gregg are centers. Is the scholarship chart updated? I am guessing a grad transfer guard and a mobile big.
    Aren't the days of having a traditional center pretty much gone? Two forwards does the job just fine. And if you are looking for rim protection, that is what Chet is for on defense. On offense he's a more a wing-forward.

  22. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    Aren't the days of having a traditional center pretty much gone? Two forwards does the job just fine. And if you are looking for rim protection, that is what Chet is for on defense. On offense he's a more a wing-forward.
    Yes I was referring to rebounding and rim protecting. Gregg isn’t that player. Chet has been in high school. Is his twig frame going to be able to rebound against vital types? Perry is athletic and big enough to help. Young though. Hope we have enough.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,368

    Default

    I still prefer Ballo over Kessler and wish he didn’t put his name in the transfer portal. I will miss his energy

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    8,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Notice "y'all" is growing in popularity on the board? Did GU secede to the SEC?
    I used to sail a lot, but we spelled it yawl.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Posts
    1,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    Hell hath no fury like that of a scorned Zag fan.

    Age old reminder - these are kids, and they are entitled to make their choice for any reasons, including most which we have no insight into.

    ... Relax.
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •