Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 54

Thread: Kessler to auburn according to 247 sports

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    33

    Default Kessler to auburn according to 247 sports

    Kessler commits to Auburn today

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,747

    Default

    Lots of happy ears around GUB dismissing the significance of recent departures and counting on Kessler and Chet to be future Zags. for my part, I am very nervous about Chet too.

    We need Ben Gregg to grow up fast and Timme to stay. Getting a commitment from Bigs McGee would be good too

    ZZ

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    San Diego, Ca.
    Posts
    8,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagzilla View Post
    Lots of happy ears around GUB dismissing the significance of recent departures and counting on Kessler and Chet to be future Zags. for my part, I am very nervous about Chet too.

    We need Ben Gregg to grow up fast and Timme to stay. Getting a commitment from Bigs McGee would be good too

    ZZ
    Why?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,001

    Default

    If he disliked Roy, how will he feel about Slimy Bruce?

  5. #5

    Default

    Ughhhhhhhhh

  6. #6

    Default

    This has to mean timme is back. Also kessler must want to be the star and not care as much about contending for a title. Decisions do portray your motives

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    This has to mean timme is back. Also kessler must want to be the star and not care as much about contending for a title. Decisions do portray your motives
    We don’t need another Prima Donna Petro.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    If he disliked Roy, how will he feel about Slimy Bruce?
    It is a head scratcher. Must have been a very enticing bag of beans.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    This has to mean timme is back. Also kessler must want to be the star and not care as much about contending for a title. Decisions do portray your motives
    Speaks volumes.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    If he disliked Roy, how will he feel about Slimy Bruce?
    Among the best BS'er in the business. Fast talkin salesman. But let's face it, this Kessler has some downside. Hope they get along. He'll only be there for a pit stop anyway. Chet is different. I love that kid and hope he comes here. It's still early in the off season. Few will find a couple of good ones

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    908

    Default

    A Georgia kid not wanting to go to Spokane doesn’t mean he has bad motives. Auburn is going to be good. His bother lives in town and his family spends a lot of time at a lake less than an hour away. He didn’t come here because of distance and playing time. Playing time because we have Timme and Chet and we told him from the start those two are starting for us. Players love playing for Bruce and I’m sure Kessler will as well. Far more 3 point attempts than he’d get with us.

    It would have been really nice to have him but he was a luxury and we knew that the entire way. We’re going to be just fine. Although he would have been a star for us in 2022-23.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Among the best BS'er in the business. Fast talkin salesman. But let's face it, this Kessler has some downside. Hope they get along. He'll only be there for a pit stop anyway. Chet is different. I love that kid and hope he comes here. It's still early in the off season. Few will find a couple of good ones
    I have no doubts we will get someone good. Not as good as walker as he is a stud, but we are still the hot name in cbb right?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Among the best BS'er in the business. Fast talkin salesman. But let's face it, this Kessler has some downside. Hope they get along. He'll only be there for a pit stop anyway. Chet is different. I love that kid and hope he comes here. It's still early in the off season. Few will find a couple of good ones
    It’s not the BS that has him thisclose to yet another banishment. And he was so good on tv.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    I have no doubts we will get someone good. Not as good as walker as he is a stud, but we are still the hot name in cbb right?
    Temperature dropping?

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    A Georgia kid not wanting to go to Spokane doesn’t mean he has bad motives. Auburn is going to be good. His bother lives in town and his family spends a lot of time at a lake less than an hour away. He didn’t come here because of distance and playing time. Playing time because we have Timme and Chet and we told him from the start those two are starting for us. Players love playing for Bruce and I’m sure Kessler will as well. Far more 3 point attempts than he’d get with us.

    It would have been really nice to have him but he was a luxury and we knew that the entire way. We’re going to be just fine. Although he would have been a star for us in 2022-23.
    Auburn may be “good” but not sure they are even too 25 good . Cooper will go pro and most likely Flanagan as well. Leaving them with a lot of holes. If closer to home was a turning point he has better schools offering. Seems surely more the fact he can be the focal point and a star for auburn.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    cave-in-rock,il
    Posts
    715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    If he disliked Roy, how will he feel about Slimy Bruce?
    He will love him. Brucie will let him start and play all the minutes he wants, and shoot 10 threes a game. It was pretty apparent to me that he was only interested in starting and playing time. Doesn't sound like a team guy to me. If he isn't, it's better him go to Auburn now than come here and disrupt next year's team, because he wants more playing time or doesn't get enough shots.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,001

    Default

    Umm, why then didn’t he sign on, or cash out, with Daddy Warbucks Bruce in the first place?

    https://sports.yahoo.com/auburns-bru...23--ncaab.html

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    908

    Default

    Y’all can have fun trashing a recruit who really liked Gonzaga but didn’t come. Figured that was an SEC thing. It’s not selfish to want to play closer to home and have more opportunity and minutes.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,001

    Default

    In other news, Tommy Lloyd has retired from coaching ... see what happens when you get distracted.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Y’all can have fun trashing a recruit who really liked Gonzaga but didn’t come. Figured that was an SEC thing. It’s not selfish to want to play closer to home and have more opportunity and minutes.
    I think the object of the ire is more Cheatin’ Bruce than the player.

    https://sports.yahoo.com/auburns-bru...23--ncaab.html

    https://www.sbnation.com/college-bas...kee-violations

  21. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Y’all can have fun trashing a recruit who really liked Gonzaga but didn’t come. Figured that was an SEC thing. It’s not selfish to want to play closer to home and have more opportunity and minutes.
    Are you his dad or something? Sure seems like it. Trashing a player is pointing out that he wants to be the star and improve his draft stock over contending for a title? Weird

  22. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    In other news, Tommy Lloyd has retired from coaching ... see what happens when you get distracted.
    Wait whaaaaaat

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    Why?
    G League or another NCAA program in that order. He has been in the wind for a long time. If he was truly locked in on GU, he could have said so by now. Ask me again in a week. I will be happy to eat some crow in this if/when he signs

    ZZ

  24. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Y’all can have fun trashing a recruit who really liked Gonzaga but didn’t come. Figured that was an SEC thing. It’s not selfish to want to play closer to home and have more opportunity and minutes.
    +1 This allows immediate playing time and plenty of it.... which he believes will be best for his future. IMO GU was his first choice and why he waited until after the tournament to talk to GU and make his decision. Just very few minutes available this coming season. He's very talented. Wish him all the best.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GUDAD2020 View Post
    +1 This allows immediate playing time and plenty of it.... which he believes will be best for his future. IMO GU was his first choice and why he waited until after the tournament to talk to GU and make his decision. Just very few minutes available this coming season. He's very talented. Wish him all the best.
    But per ZZ above those minutes might be available after all. On another note, how great is KO playing?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •