Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ballo Enters the Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    this N. Carolina talking head thinks the chances of Kessler going to GU is bigger than KY, Auburn, or Tenn. Crystal ball has him leaning Duke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfGl_Jj1dfQ

and our familiar homies are optimistic for GU also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX-j1fKmYYk

The first thing that guys says is “Kessler entered the transfer portal yesterday”. That was March 22nd. He may have a different feeling 3 weeks later.

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    The kids want to play....... the transfer portal is the best thing that has ever been allowed by the NCAA......best of luck Ballo..... I imagine there is a chance you may stay..... I hope so....
    Agree. Liberated. Same movement ability as coaches.

Will be great for the top programs to get their pick of any overachieving players. I feel there should be more waivers, coach leaving etc., but I don’t like a blanket out for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Agree. Liberated. Same movement ability as coaches.
    Indentured Servitude is banned by the 13th Amendment....Soon the Court will rule on NCAA vs Alston ....it maybe telling that during oral arguments Justice Kavanaugh refferred to athletes as employees....or not...

I don’t get the “maybe he will stay” comments. Once you declare you want to leave, whatever the reasons, you need to leave. What’s the alternative: I wanted to leave but didn’t get any offers I wanted so I’ll just stay?
    He can move 15 ft to the left or right about as fast as my eyes can see it, his name could just as well be Hunter Hustle -ZagsGoZags 11/17/21

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    I don’t get the “maybe he will stay” comments. Once you declare you want to leave, whatever the reasons, you need to leave. What’s the alternative: I wanted to leave but didn’t get any offers I wanted so I’ll just stay?
    Yeah, he’s gone. Also, can’t imagine it means anything for Kessler, although we should know soon there. Obviously points to Timme returning which we all expected.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    this N. Carolina talking head thinks the chances of Kessler going to GU is bigger than KY, Auburn, or Tenn. Crystal ball has him leaning Duke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfGl_Jj1dfQ

and our familiar homies are optimistic for GU also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX-j1fKmYYk
    Carolina to Duke? Has that ever happened (or vice versa)? I can't see it happening. The hate is too deep, you can't switch sides.

Occurred while head coach still there. Now that he retired and new coach (assistant) may get different view of his use in their system
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Indentured Servitude is banned by the 13th Amendment....Soon the Court will rule on NCAA vs Alston ....it maybe telling that during oral arguments Justice Kavanaugh refferred to athletes as employees....or not...
    Hmmm last time I checked no one forces a young man to sign a contract

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    I can foresee scenarios where this young man develops into an All-American before he leaves the college game. I would not be surprised to see him make a massive developmental leap along the lines of Rui, Ayayi, or Olynyk, but it feels like he’s still a year away from being a regular contributor to a Top 25 team.

I wish him the best of luck. I hope he finds a coaching staff that has the patience and vision to help him achieve his amazing potential.
    This he was one of my favorite and was hoping to watch him develop

If timme does not return and we don’t land kesser or homgren suddenly little light in the 4/5 slots

The best is yet to come for Ballo. I think he will find a good landing spot. He was a favorite Zag of mine and I was hoping it would click for him at some point.

The fact that both he and Zakharov are leaving says to me that there are some big time bigs on the the horizon. A lot of guys would stick around and compete for a bigger spot in the rotation. If a newcomer is a no-brainer to take the minutes of guys that have been in the program for two years, the future is bright for us a Zags fans.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Yeah, he’s gone. Also, can’t imagine it means anything for Kessler, although we should know soon there. Obviously points to Timme returning which we all expected.
    You can probably pencil in Perry and Gregg as the rotation guys. Chet is a wildcard, and they can play him at small forward or shooting guard to find him a place in the rotation, for all I care

What do they do if Kessler and Chet both want to come here?

[QUOTE=

What do they do if Kessler and Chet both want to come here?[/QUOTE]

Celebrate! Big time! The more the merrier! We shall accommodate all of them!

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    Carolina to Duke? Has that ever happened (or vice versa)? I can't see it happening. The hate is too deep, you can't switch sides.
    No way this happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    You can probably pencil in Perry and Gregg as the rotation guys. Chet is a wildcard, and they can play him at small forward or shooting guard to find him a place in the rotation, for all I care

What do they do if Kessler and Chet both want to come here?
    Take them both happily and Perry/Gregg develop their games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BigZagFan View Post
    Ryan Spangler did all right
    Gibbs also
    Qualified for 23 Straight Big Dances

12 Straight Round of 32s

11 Sweet Sixteens (6 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by BigZagFan View Post
    Ryan Spangler did all right
    yeah, i forgot about ryan. yes he did pretty good. starter for a competitive big 12 school.

Definitely best for oumar. Wish him well. But my basketball eyes saw a guy who was very far away from
    Being a contributor for a national champ contender

The kids want to play....... the transfer portal is the best thing that has ever been allowed by the NCAA......best of luck Ballo..... I imagine there is a chance you may stay..... I hope so....

100%

Zac and him both gone leads me to believe it will be a bit more crowded this next year and we will be hearing news soon. Chet for sure coming and definitely have heard rumblings of walker from people more in the know then me

I think its a really good decision. I think he has a big upside but to get there he needs to be on the court a LOT. Even with improvment its unlikley he would have gotten a lot of time next year. If he goes to a program where he can start and play, thats ideal. I just don't see who he would take minutes away from next year to get the time he needs. I'm rooting for him, I think this is a great move. This is the part of the portal I like. He is a poster child for how it can help players. Other aspects are not great, but why should a kid with such great upside be restricted from going for it ?

I really had hoped he would be a big force.

Not sure if that's true. I remember when Wiltjer announced he was transferring from Kentucky. He maintained that if he did not find the perfect fit that he left the door open to return to UK. Glad he chose us the second time around though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    Hmmm last time I checked no one forces a young man to sign a contract
    You ever had a house built ??? In my career I had written and administered hundreds of contracts for both service and construction and in spite of boilerplate and standard provisions and specifications and codes and pre bid meetings and verifications and certifications ....a substantial number of them were subjects of disputes, appeals, arbitration, modification and termination.......none of the parties was forced to sign the original contract nor was "willingness" a issue that was ever raised in court....