Thread: Goose's Final Four experience

Default Goose's Final Four experience

I was fortunate enough to get to travel to Indy and experience the Final Four this past weekend, and as an adopted Zags fan I wanted to share with yall what an absolutely fantastic time I had.

Without exception, every Zags supporter I met or interacted with represented Gonzaga as you'd hope; with enthusiasm and fanaticism, but also with dignity and class, both in victory and defeat. With the exception of the Championship game outcome, it was a perfect experience in every way. And even that result couldn't tarnish my perception of the Gonzaga family; everyone I encountered handled the loss with class. I met and visited with a ton of Gonzaga fans, and every interaction was a positive one. As luck would have it, I got to meet and speak with Marcy Few in one of the t-shirt shops, and Senator Maria Cantwell and her nephew out in front of one of the pizza places there downtown. They absolutely couldn't have been nicer.

Sorry the last game didn't go our way, but I wanted to send along a quick thanks for making a bucket list weekend for me an absolute joy, and to let you know that, from this fans perspective, the Gonzaga family traveled well and represented the school with class.

Gig 'Em Zags!

Goose from Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    I was fortunate enough to get to travel to Indy and experience the Final Four this past weekend, and as an adopted Zags fan I wanted to share with yall what an absolutely fantastic time I had.

Without exception, every Zags supporter I met or interacted with represented Gonzaga as you'd hope; with enthusiasm and fanaticism, but also with dignity and class, both in victory and defeat. With the exception of the Championship game outcome, it was a perfect experience in every way. And even that result couldn't tarnish my perception of the Gonzaga family; everyone I encountered handled the loss with class. I met and visited with a ton of Gonzaga fans, and every interaction was a positive one. As luck would have it, I got to meet and speak with Marcy Few in one of the t-shirt shops, and Senator Maria Cantwell and her nephew out in front of one of the pizza places there downtown. They absolutely couldn't have been nicer.

Sorry the last game didn't go our way, but I wanted to send along a quick thanks for making a bucket list weekend for me an absolute joy, and to let you know that, from this fans perspective, the Gonzaga family traveled well and represented the school with class.

Gig 'Em Zags!

Goose from Dallas
    glad you had a great time and I am glad Easter is over as I have extreme jealousy/envy towards your experience......
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Goose, forgive me for piggy-backing on your thread, but first, you clearly described the experience.

It was near impossible to walk down any street during the day without coming across someone wearing Zags clothing, which would result in an immediate “Go Zags”!. Any additional conversation would result in learning about their connection and love for the program. We met students, faculty, alums, etc. and the Baylor fans were just as gracious, before and after the game. After seeing us take a family pic for Baylor fans and them reciprocating, Spokane KHQ TV reporters rushed over to interview us. Don’t know that we made it beyond the cutting room floor, but it was fun nonetheless.

Am envious of you meeting Mrs Few, would have loved to have said thank you to her. Did meet Cory Kispert’s Grandmother after the game at Hinkle (amazing venue to see a game), a wonderful lady. After thanking her for Cory’s contribution to the program, she told me that when he talked to her about returning for his senior year, she told him “Well, I signed up for four years”. So thank you again to her and to him for making this a great year.

The cost of going to the final game was not insubstantial, but to anyone considering it in future years, I would say absolutely go for it. The game was tough to sit through in person. But future championships won’t always be like this, and everything that led up to it was a good reminder how special this program is, and your experience will be worth the cost.

So Goose, we may have passed on the street. Glad you had fun.

Small world! A great friend of mine ask me to attend and he was also there with Maria and her nephew. I attended the games with them and went out to dinner with them as well! They were fantastic! We all stayed at the same hotel where the families of plenty of players and coaches were staying! Lifetime experience. Got to sit in the third row for the GU games!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JIMMYMAC View Post
    Small world! A great friend of mine ask me to attend and he was also there with Maria and her nephew. I attended the games with them and went out to dinner with them as well! They were fantastic! We all stayed at the same hotel where the families of plenty of players and coaches were staying! Lifetime experience. Got to sit in the third row for the GU games!!!
    Ha! I met your friend too. Holy cow that guy has a ton of energy! And if there's a bigger Zags fan anywhere I haven't met them yet.

Maybe I met you too :-)? He is an incredible man for sure! The only one that rivals him in fandom is probably me :-)