Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Original Miller out, Tommy ... Arizona thread

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Did he ever formally go in?
    He’s interviewed so I’d say yes.

Gilbert Arenas Quote "They played an AAU schedule" speaking of Gonzaga and Tommy. Seems like he has an axe to grind, one that is very dull (not the sharpest tool in the shed) Walk away Tommy.. If alums have that much influence on a coaching hire, just think about the Quid Pro Quo they will have criticizing every little coaching decision that is made in the game. Run don't walk

Quote Originally Posted by SageOfZagville View Post
    Gilbert Arenas Quote "They played an AAU schedule" speaking of Gonzaga and Tommy. Seems like he has an axe to grind, one that is very dull (not the sharpest tool in the shed) Walk away Tommy.. If alums have that much influence on a coaching hire, just think about the Quid Pro Quo they will have criticizing every little coaching decision that is made in the game. Run don't walk
    Unfortunately, that kind of interference is true at most big time programs; thankfully, doesn't seem the case at GU.

Arizona's Robbins and Heeke discussing their options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpxkyTc9Z38
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Quote Originally Posted by SageOfZagville View Post
    Didn't Purple Sizzle AAU beat the Pac12 confrence champions OSU ? No Gilbert, it was actually the Portland Pilots my bad!!

I'm not sure whether to be offended or relieved. Tommy is an inspired hire for a top program, and anyone who says he's not because he was never in a head role, is short-sighted and self-defeating, but I also don't want him to leave.

What's unfortunate is that other top programs now know he's hireable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Just a foolish old timer who needs to keep his nose out. When I saw the report last night, I was thinking that a program that is in such trouble ...need s to go outside to a guy who's peerless, has been involved in coaching decisions and is just a great guy with nothing on his skirts. Anybody would be lucky to have a guy like Tom join their program. He's just a super guy. He's done a superior job with our program. the Summer before last I ended up having break fast with him ../ I guess it's my old interview skills that came out in our chat. He's really a top notch guy. We are lucky he landed in our lap as we are with Few and most of the coaches who've stopped here.

FWIW...As expected Mussleman was leveraging Arizona to get a raise at Arkansas

AP Top 25
    @AP_Top25
    ·
    14m
    Arkansas has signed coach Eric Musselman to a new, five-year agreement that could keep him with the Razorbacks through the 2028 season at $4 million per year.

Quote Originally Posted by GLJake View Post
    FWIW...As expected Mussleman was leveraging Arizona to get a raise at Arkansas

AP Top 25
    @AP_Top25
    ·
    14m
    Arkansas has signed coach Eric Musselman to a new, five-year agreement that could keep him with the Razorbacks through the 2028 season at $4 million per year.
    Hearing that Arizona came back and Tommy has accepted the job.

Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    Full-circle, huh. Never thought Tommy would turn it down unless the writing was on the wall.

Good for the administration at AZ. Thanks, Tommy, for the hard work, assuming it’s true.

GU will still be the power in the west.

Default Miller Out at Arizona ... Tommy a candidate

NM
    Last edited by kitzbuel; 04-14-2021 at 01:41 PM. Reason: removing misleading link
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Best of luck to Tommy, but I'm honestly not sure why he would want to be part of the circus in Tucson. I guess money talks but his name was dragged through the mud.

[QUOTE=kitzbuel;1561343]Appears to be so.

I think the thread on that board was from the initial "agreement" last week...looking through it I didn't see anything fresh from today. Doesn't mean its not happening, obviously.

Ummm, that thread was started 6 days ago and the most recent posts reference the clown show that is now going on.

[QUOTE=kitzbuel;1561343]Appears to be so.

A little frustrating that you just posted he had pulled his name out.

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    I think the thread on that board was from the initial "agreement" last week...looking through it I didn't see anything fresh from today. Doesn't mean its not happening, obviously.
    My bad. It was linked from a Tweet. I didn't look at the thread date. Pulled the link to prevent confusion.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

This article suggests they are still doing interviews -

https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawil...7c16a6edd.html

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    My bad. It was linked from a Tweet. I didn't look at the thread date.
    Its all good...I know we are all sitting here pressing F5, thirsty for any Zag news

Quote Originally Posted by ET2021 View Post
    Best of luck to Tommy, but I'm honestly not sure why he would want to be part of the circus in Tucson. I guess money talks but his name was dragged through the mud.
    Yup. Would hate to be him to be honest lol. Oh well.
    Qualified for 23 Straight Big Dances

12 Straight Round of 32s

11 Sweet Sixteens (6 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    A little frustrating that you just posted he had pulled his name out.
    Life comes at you fast man.

Quote Originally Posted by azgreg View Post
    Life comes at you fast man.
    So are you hearing this now too on your end?

Here is the deal (and why I always say nothing is in the bag until it is in the bag). I have heard half a dozen things .... about Tommy’s situation and other Zag matters. All from trusted sources. Very trusted sources.

But nothing is ever in the bag until it is in the bag.

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

NCAA TOURNAMENT wins since 2015
    Gonzaga 20, Nova 17, UNC 16, Duke 15, Kentucky 13, Michigan 13, Virginia 11, Baylor 9
    -----
    FINAL FOUR wins since 2017
    UNC 2, Nova 2, Virginia 2, Baylor 2, Gonzaga 2, Michigan 1, TexasTech 1, Kentucky 0, Duke 0, Kansas 0

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    Here is the deal (and why I always say nothing is in the bag until it is in the bag). I have heard half a dozen things .... about Tommy’s situation and other Zag matters. All from trusted sources. Very trusted sources.

But nothing is ever in the bag until it is in the bag.
    C'mon GoZags - don't leave us hanging?? What are you hearing about everything? You are a trusted source.

Arizona site is claiming an announcement is coming soon but very tight lipped. If it wasn’t Lloyd you’d hear an “I’m withdrawing my name bc I love GU “ type quote like almost always happens in these situations. I’m 96% sure Its Lloyd

Does anyone want to post links? Or are we just going to engage in our own echo chamber, then congratulate who ever happens to predict the hiring by dumb luck?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!