Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: Miller Out at Arizona ... Tommy a candidate

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basket...source=twitter

Tommy Lloyd is a first-time head coach, but he’s getting paid like one that’s been doing this a long time.

Arizona has released the terms of Lloyd’s 5-year contract, which will pay him $15.5 million over the life of the deal. He’s set to make $2.9 million for the 2021-22 season, with $1.8 million in base salary and $1.1 million from supplemental duties as well as compensation from IMG and Nike.

Lloyd’s first year salary is exactly what Sean Miller made in his final season. Miller, who was fired on April 7 after 12 seasons, was also set to make $2.9 million in 2021-22, the final year of his contract.

The final year of Lloyd’s contract, 2025-26, would see him earn $3.3 million.

Tommy has hit the jackpot.....the idea that he cannot stand criticism is complete nonsense.....after all he has been married for around 20 years and has 3 teenagers ... who cares what the media or the fans have to say from the peanut gallery ....

He is getting a raise of around $100,000 a month or more..... moving to a beautiful diverse city and leaving his snow blower and ice scrapers behind .....

Will be the Head Coach at a great research university in a Power 5 Conference.......

What is not to like.....Zona will now be my favorite Pac team...

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Tommy has hit the jackpot.....the idea that he cannot stand criticism is complete nonsense.....after all he has been married for around 20 years and has 3 teenagers ... who cares what the media or the fans have to say from the peanut gallery ....

He is getting a raise of around $100,000 a month or more..... moving to a beautiful diverse city and leaving his snow blower and ice scrapers behind .....

Will be the Head Coach at a great research university in a Power 5 Conference.......

What is not to like.....Zona will now be my favorite Pac team...

Plus world class resources like this....

https://ccp.arizona.edu/

Tommy Lloyd is a first-time head coach, but he’s getting paid like one that’s been doing this a long time.
    Arizona has released the terms of Lloyd’s 5-year contract, which will pay him $15.5 million over the life of the deal. He’s set to make $2.9 million for the 2021-22 season, with $1.8 million in base salary and $1.1 million from supplemental duties as well as compensation from IMG and Nike.

Lloyd’s first year salary is exactly what Sean Miller made in his final season. Miller, who was fired on April 7 after 12 seasons, was also set to make $2.9 million in 2021-22, the final year of his contract. The final year of Lloyd’s contract, 2025-26, would see him earn $3.3 million.
    Tommy and/or his agent are fantastic negotiators!! Amazing a first time head coach hire got same $ the former HC had negotiated up to over years. Fantastic.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Plus world class resources like this....

https://ccp.arizona.edu/
    Unfortunately the Gallery was not open so I could not check out any Desert Nudes......sigh....

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Unfortunately the Gallery was not open so I could not check out any Desert Nudes......sigh....
    Impressed u tried.

https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawil...504ea.amp.html

Dylan was leaning towards GU until Tommy left according to his dad...

I'm sure some of those kids Tom made connection with will be looking to spend time with him especially, as is the present case, they live down the road from U of A and want to stay closer to home anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by Spink View Post

Thanks for the link. From the article I am curious who Tommy wants to bring on as assistants, he has a pool of $1.05M for 3 assistants. I'm wondering if he might try to poach Grier from Colorado.
    It's not the size of the Bulldog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the Bulldog!

GO ZAGS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spink View Post

Well, that’s one.

GU will probably have its sights on 5-star big men in the near future, so this doesn’t sting too much. I’ll change my tune if Dylan ends up an All-American for UA, or something. Behind the scenes, I wonder if this kind of thing causes sour grapes with the GU staff or if it’s just part of the business.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    GU will probably have its sights on 5-star big men in the near future, so this doesn’t sting too much. I’ll change my tune if Dylan ends up an All-American for UA, or something. Behind the scenes, I wonder if this kind of thing causes sour grapes with the GU staff or if it’s just part of the business.
    Dunno, but not as auspicious start for Lloyd, tears and all.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Tommy and/or his agent are fantastic negotiators!! Amazing a first time head coach hire got same $ the former HC had negotiated up to over years. Fantastic.
    Agreed, they negotiated a great deal.

I also think he got a bit of an assist from Roth. Reading the “how it went down” articles it sounds like Roth supported him 100% in making the move and his public comments about doing everything they could to get him to stay was to help Tommy’s cause when it came to contract terms. He knew he was gone and encouraged him to do so since it was a no brainer opportunity to say yes to. I’m sure Roth will remain on the Lloyds Christmas card list.

i saw this link and decided to watch it cuz it said Tommy's emotions came out, instead I am the one who teared up watching it

https://www.krem.com/article/sports/...d-59035b41a960

Quote Originally Posted by rijman View Post
    Thanks for the link. From the article I am curious who Tommy wants to bring on as assistants, he has a pool of $1.05M for 3 assistants. I'm wondering if he might try to poach Grier from Colorado.
    retaining Jack Murphy as Associate Head Coach. Maybe he's one of Tommy's buddies, but this doesn't seem so great to me unless Tommy negotiated it. Anyone know if Murphy and Lloyd have a history? Who wants the old stale guard that just got punked out the door covering your back? Not me but maybe Lloyd wanted it

The thread that refuses to die.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    The thread that refuses to die.
    maybe there is interest even if not for you. My deep apologizes for keeping it alive and compelling you to write your deep comment

Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    maybe there is interest even if not for you. My deep apologizes for keeping it alive and compelling you to write your deep comment
    It's just the title has been obsolesced.