Thread: LMU Coach Charity Elliot has resigned

Default LMU Coach Charity Elliot has resigned

Quite a shock. Thanked Coach Charity for everything that she’s done for Chelsey since before she stepped on the campus.

She and then Asst Coach April Phillips went beyond the call of duty for our family. Starting when Chels was a senior at Palisades High School.

Now she’s a graduating senior, with a fifth year of granted eligibility. Wishing Coach and husband Asst coach Chris blessings in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With a new coach on the way, is Chelsey considering entering the transfer portal? If so, from whom is she hoping to receive an offer?
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Quote Originally Posted by SLOZag View Post
    With a new coach on the way, is Chelsey considering entering the transfer portal? If so, from whom is she hoping to receive an offer?
    She isn’t sure yet. Everything is so uncertain right now. I know she wants to stay local IF she makes a move. Wondering what coach might come to LMU? Her old high school coach Torino Johnson is division 2 at Cal State L.A. She was heavily recruited by UCLA and my wife’s nephew is on the UCLA WBB coaching staff, and also New Mexico, now USC Coach Mark Trakh also heavily recruited her, so those two PAC-12 schools would be obvious choices. Texas has also shown interest.

Decisions, decisions...

People are speculating on Twitter that Coach April Phillips might be inclined to leave Cal for the head coaching job at LMU???

THAT would be amazing!

But she’s in a PAC-12 (Power 5) school now...

Fantastic hire for the new LMU coaching position!

We know Coach Hughes from when she was an assistant Coach to now USC WBB Coach Mark Trakh and New Mexico was recruiting Chelsey. She’s coming over from USC.

Just gonna tack this on here, not sure where else to put it. The much traveled Aquira DaCosta, who departed LMU without ever playing for them, has now landed at Sacramento St. w/ new coach/former Oregon assistant Mark Campbell. What a long, strange journey. From Baylor to the WCC to a bottom feeder in the Big Sky.

Default LMU Coach Charity Elliot has resigned

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    Just gonna tack this on here, not sure where else to put it. The much traveled Aquira DaCosta, who departed LMU without ever playing for them, has now landed at Sacramento St. w/ new coach/former Oregon assistant Mark Campbell. What a long, strange journey. From Baylor to the WCC to a bottom feeder in the Big Sky.
    I think she’s got to be extremely close to her family and friends, as a support system. This seems to be her motivation and hope that Aquira will be safe and happy. I would’ve love to see her play in a Lions jersey but it was not meant to be.

**** UPDATE:
    None other than elite player and my daughter’s friend Minyon Moore from USC / Oregon has just been manned as the Assistant Coach at Sacramento!

Last edited by CG3Dad; 04-24-2021 at 10:02 AM.