Thread: Looking Forward: did the Big Dance affect the draft stock of Corey and Jalen ?

Default Looking Forward: did the Big Dance affect the draft stock of Corey and Jalen ?

And does it affect what NBA feedback might be for any other zags who seek that feedback, such as Joel and any others?

Yes to both, but in opposite directions. Suggs solidified himself into a top-3 pick, while Corey seems like he may have fallen out of the lottery range entirely.

Either way they’re both gonna be millionaires real soon.

Love Corey, but watching this tournament, especially how he struggled verse top athletes, no chance I would draft him top 20. Then again, I am not a gm so my opinion matters zilch.

Jalen solidified himself as a top 3 pick and will be an NBA all star IMO.

Corey may have slipped some, but I imagine he’ll have strong workouts and interviews and he’ll be fine. I’d guess late lottery to mid teens.

Suggs has a floor of 5. Ceiling probably 2? Maybe 3.

NBA GMs don't always make the obvious logical choice. Sabonis dominated Jacob Poeltl in the 2016 NCAA tournament but the Raptors went ahead and drafted Poeltl ahead of Domas. Today, Sabonis is an all star and Poeltl is a bench player with the Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    NBA GMs don't always make the obvious logical choice. Sabonis dominated Jacob Poeltl in the 2016 NCAA tournament but the Raptors went ahead and drafted Poeltl ahead of Domas. Today, Sabonis is an all star and Poeltl is a bench player with the Spurs.
    This. Am not an NBA fan (anymore) and a few years ago there were a number of players who could charitably be described as "stiffs" based on their college resumes drafted ahead of Brandon Clarke...what a steal for Memphis.
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    Poetl is a starter but Domas is definitely the better player.