Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Who Will Return? And Who Will Leave

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Muss has to be their first choice, even with his nomadic ways. Luke Walton and Miles Simon from the pros. Pastner, Damon in a third group. Tommy if they really want a tabula rasa.
    There's a Law and Order episode from 1999 with that title, it's one of their best.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0629448

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    There's a Law and Order episode from 1999 with that title, it's one of their best.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0629448
    A Latin scholar in Teggs-us? You’re more Rice than Baylor, I suspect.

A Latin scholar in Teggs-us? You’re more Rice than Baylor, I suspect.
    BS, I'm all Gonzaga, jazz. Somebody has to carry the torch for St. Al down here. lol

I may not know latin, but I know my Law & Order. lol

ETA: Given my boycott of ESPN and other sports talk, I'll be relegated to watching old favorites, such as Law & Order, Mission Impossible, and The Equalizer. I've got plenty of books to read, and two grandchildren.

I haven't read back through the whole thread, but the contract Tommy is looking huge. There is a lot of people that think he should take it, but there are still some that think he may turn it down.

Not sure if this was posted somewhere already, but it's a fascinating article about Tommy. I did not know he turned down a coach job at GU and decided to travel the world for a while first.

https://www.si.com/college/2021/04/0...ofile-mark-few
    One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I haven't read back through the whole thread, but the contract Tommy is looking huge. There is a lot of people that think he should take it, but there are still some that think he may turn it down.
    We know $$$$ is main pro reason, what’s the main con?

Knowing the pure gentleman Mark Few is, I hope he doesn't offer to retire to keep Tommy at GU. That would be awful.
    One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Quote Originally Posted by GrizZAG View Post
    Knowing the pure gentleman Mark Few is, I hope he doesn't offer to retire to keep Tommy at GU. That would be awful.
    Doubt that. He’s 58. Might announce a retirement date, however. Would TL stay that long, five plus years maybe? Four? Reading that article, Tom is a different cat. Can’t see him jumping for millions when millions await in his comfort zone, dream job. And he’s not exactly a SNAP participant in his current spot.

Doubt that. He’s 58. Might announce a retirement date, however. Would TL stay that long, five plus years maybe? Four? Reading that article, Tom is a different cat. Can’t see him jumping for millions when millions await in his comfort zone, dream job. And he’s not exactly a SNAP participant in his current spot.
    Exactly, my hope.
    America's Team!

I hope AZ hires Damon Stoudamire. Seems like a home run hire
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Tommy's a smart guy, there's no state income tax in Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Interesting....crossroads

If Arizona hires Lloyd the former players and fan base will be very angry. Nothing against Lloyd personally I would say, but they don’t want an outsider getting the role. It’s all over social media. I doubt that the administration will want to deal with that fallout. I think that is why this is being leaked now to create this reaction from the fan base. I know as a Zag fan it creates some stress if he were to go to another school. However, in the end, Zags would be happy for Lloyd getting a shot somewhere else. We all do know he has earned it.

Lloyd is in a win win situation. He knows he's the next man up here in Spokane. How long is he willing to wait is the question and how much sweeter will his pot need to be to have him stay? Obviously the money won't be close but I believe Lloyd and Few have similar views and values towards this Program and we know Few turned down several higher profile jobs. I don't know jack but my gut is he stays.
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan1 View Post
    If Arizona hires Lloyd the former players and fan base will be very angry. Nothing against Lloyd personally I would say, but they don’t want an outsider getting the role. It’s all over social media. I doubt that the administration will want to deal with that fallout. I think that is why this is being leaked now to create this reaction from the fan base. I know as a Zag fan it creates some stress if he were to go to another school. However, in the end, Zags would be happy for Lloyd getting a shot somewhere else. We all do know he has earned it.
    Which is why he will stay. The pressure to win immediately and inability to travel overseas aren’t worth the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan1 View Post
    Miller was outsider

Not sure this is a good thing given the heap of trouble the program is in; along with the fact he never got his teams over the hump to a Final Four.