Anyone seen a clip of Timme talking to team at end of game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • strikenowhere
    Zag for Life
    • Sep 2009

Anyone seen a clip of Timme talking to team at end of game?

Is there a clip of Timme talking to the team huddle after the game ended floating around anywhere last night? I haven't been successful in finding anything myself.
  • jazzdelmar
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Saw it live. Very revealing. He's the leader and he will be back. All the other players listened with rapt attention. Odd that it wasn't Corey.

Comment

• gueastcoast
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
      Saw it live. Very revealing. He's the leader and he will be back. All the other players listened with rapt attention. Odd that it wasn't Corey.
      Which leads me to believe there was something in it about looking forward...a message best delivered by someone (hopefully) returning to take care of unfinished business.
      Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Comment

• strikenowhere
        Zag for Life
        • Sep 2009

Yeah saw that some people on twitter were wondering why it wasn't Corey talking too - speculation was that it was Timme's turn as the captain of the ship.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

I could see Drew returning, especially if NIL goes into effect. Very few players are positioned to take advantage of this upcoming opportunity as Drew.

However, if he gets a first round guarantee at the draft camp, he should take it. I think he'd be better off working on his 3 point shot and his strength while collecting a multimillion dollar paycheck, vs. doing that work at the Volkar Center.

Comment

• RenoZag
            Super Moderator
            • Feb 2007

Corey addressed it during the press conference.
            The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Mr Vulture
              Zag for Life
              • May 2008

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
              I could see Drew returning, especially if NIL goes into effect. Very few players are positioned to take advantage of this upcoming opportunity as Drew.

However, if he gets a first round guarantee at the draft camp, he should take it. I think he'd be better off working on his 3 point shot and his strength while collecting a multimillion dollar paycheck, vs. doing that work at the Volkar Center.
              Oh my, can we stop with first round guarantee stuff as it's not happening? Timme has ZERO chance of the first round and 50/50 at best, of the second round. He may declare (no agent) and get the feedback from the NBA, as he should. I'm not 100% convinced that Ayayi stays in the draft, although I could understand if he did as I do think he will be drafted in the second round.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Mr Vulture View Post
                Oh my, can we stop with first round guarantee stuff as it's not happening? Timme has ZERO chance of the first round and 50/50 at best, of the second round. He may declare (no agent) and get the feedback from the NBA, as he should. I'm not 100% convinced that Ayayi stays in the draft, although I could understand if he did as I do think he will be drafted in the second round.
                You have your opinion, I have mine. What makes yours that much more valuable?.

Comment

• Therunner
                  Zag for Life
                  • Dec 2007

If Timme makes the jump, it will be with the intention he can make a team, and one GM could fall in love with him as a marketing tool, or backup big guy a couple years down the road.

I'm not confident he'd get drafted at all, let alone 1st Round.

But I could see a team giving him a sort of off-of-the-record guarantee of sorts.

With hard work, a 3pt shot, and a sh!t ton more muscle, he could find a niche. A shorter Pau Gasol perhaps.

As of right now, Timme can't defend anyone on any NBA frontcourt roster. And his help defense is non existent, to protect the rim or clean up the boards. A perimeter shot is needed as well.

Timme could end up being a 4 yr guy for us, no matter the stats. Along the lines of a Garza.

I could see him taking the chance and believing he can make a team, even with a late 2nd Round flyer. He's ultra confident and has enough offensive post skill to make a run at it.

Those saying he's a mid 1st Rd pick don't watch today's NBA. Even guys like Gasol are slowly being pushed out.

Even 15 yrs ago, Timme is a likely Top 20 pick....as of 3 or 4 yrs ago....likely UDFA. It is what it is.

Crafty post moves are no longer enough at that level. They are more likely to draft the 5ppg kid from Baylor than Drew.

He could make a couple million in Europe any time he wants though.

Come back to school and be a rock star celebrity and earn a degree. He can make a push and give it shot when he's 21 or 22. He's not really going to raise or lower his stock unless he develops a 3pt shot, rebounding one on one, & M2M defense/strength.

Comment

• matttrick
                    Bulldog Fan
                    • Nov 2018

Was so impressed by him. Was equally impressed by Kispert's composure in the press conference. In the same situation, that brutal first question would have resulted in a sarcastic response from me, and I'm reasonably even-keeled 30+ man. He answered thoughtfully, calmly, and in a way that represented his program first, not someone who just missed out on the #1 thing he's probably wanted over the past four years.

I think Drew will be back, and I'm very excited to see the jump he makes over the next year. I think the 3-point shot will develop, and I'd love to see him add some additional muscle and athleticism. With Garza graduating he's already the best returning big in college basketball, and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets to another level.

Comment

• Zagricultural
                      Professional Zag Fan
                      • Nov 2012

Timme made huge huge strides this year, and I'd expect nothing less next year. IMO he should come back for one more to show case an improved jumper, and D. His D did improve immensely over the course of the year.

Watch Corey's press conference. That was the ultimate senior leadership. Incredible. He's not the same A-type personality add Timme, but you can totally see how he leads. What a great Zag he's been.

Comment

• ZagaZags
                        Banned
                        • May 2010

Originally posted by strikenowhere View Post
                        Is there a clip of Timme talking to the team huddle after the game ended floating around anywhere last night? I haven't been successful in finding anything myself.
                        16:25 mark

Comment

• IowaSERE
                          Bleeds GU Blue
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by ZagaZags View Post
                          16:25 mark

Based on that quote, sounded like a goodbye to me.

Comment

• Gonzdb8
                            Professional Zag Fan
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
                            You have your opinion, I have mine. What makes yours that much more valuable?.
                            Because this discussion isn't about opinions. This is not about saying what flavor of ice cream you think is best, its about making a predictive argument about whether or not he might be drafted based on (i hope) best available data. Now, reasonable minds might disagree on this but its not about whose take is more valuable, its about which one is probably right based on the evidence. You are right that if he gets a first round guarantee from a team he should take it, but there is nothing to suggest thats happening.

Comment

• DZ
                              Zag for Life
                              • Sep 2007

Yeah, Timme got exposed a bit last night. But, many already knew that he needed another year, maybe two.

He definitely needs to hit the weight room and come out stronger, heavier, while also working on a 3pt shot all summer, shot after shot, like Wiljer, 100 a day.

I see no reason at all that he cannot develop that element to his game, and that would open up his amazing ability to drive and footwork. He's amazing at everything else he sets his mind on, why not that?
                              Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                              Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X