Thread: The 85th Masters Tournament

Default The 85th Masters Tournament

If anything can take the sting out of Gonzaga's final game "L," it's following the coverage of the 85th playing of the Masters.

I'll root for history: Lee Westwood would be the oldest Masters winner; DJ could join Nicklaus, Faldo, and Woods as the only back to back champions.

I'll root for a few young guns: Morikawa, Cantlay, Rahm, Hovland, Fitzpatrick, Schauffele

I'll root for redemption: Jordan Spieth, who has resurrected his game after going winless for over 1,300 days, who knows how to play the course, and may have a crack at capping his comeback with another major championship. Or Tony Finau, who seems to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory more than any other player with his name on the bag. And Rory McIlroy, whose game seems to have gone sideways of late, seemingly making his chances of completing the career "Grand Slam" in this edition of the Masters a hefty longshot.

Who are you rooting for ? Any predictions ?

https://www.masters.com/en_US/index.html

“Hello, friends. . .”

Sent via mobile device

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

1968 Cadillac dealership promotion poster featuring The King.

Sent via mobile device

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

I’m picking DJ, JT, and Patrick Cantlay, in no particular order.

I’d like to see Rory win for the career grand slam but he’s a shaky putter. I want to see Bryson’s tee shots with his new driver.

For 16 straight years, nobody not named Tiger has come from outside the top 10 after Round 1 to win which means the 2021 Masters champ would be one of the following.

Rose
    Hideki
    Harman
    Zalatoris
    Webb
    Bezuidenhout
    Reed
    Si Woo
    Kokrak
    Lowry
    Hatton

ESPN Golf Analyst ( and two time US Open Champ) Andy North thinks being the first Japanese major tournament winner will mean a $1BN windfall over his lifetime to Hideki Matsuyama.

That's some serious scratch. . .