Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021-22 Projected Starting Rotation Guesses

Quote Originally Posted by StatZag View Post
    Here are 5 from December and early January of Watson's freshman year. (Pre shoulder injury)

NBADraft.net

USA Today

Bleacher Report

Forbes

None have him projected as a top 30 pick, let alone top 14 (lottery).

You can see any old version of any draft site instantly using the https://archive.org/web/ - Can you find one from after the season had begun that ever had him even a project top60?
    No I don’t have that much time on my hands. NBAdraft.net he was projected to be a lottery not one year out but two years out. I remember that off the top of my head. I’m not debating you lol . I know what I saw which is why I said it??

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    No I don’t have that much time on my hands. NBAdraft.net he was projected to be a lottery not one year out but two years out. I remember that off the top of my head. I’m not debating you lol . I know what I saw which is why I said it??
    ok! (but it really just takes 10 seconds to pull up the archived version of whatver draft site you want, from whatever date you want. I'm happy to do it)

It was Ingrid Bergman who said "Happiness is good health and a bad memory". Cheers to your continued happiness!

Quote Originally Posted by StatZag View Post
    ok! (but it really just takes 10 seconds to pull up the archived version of whatver draft site you want, from whatever date you want. I'm happy to do it)

It was Ingrid Bergman who said "Happiness is good health and a bad memory". Cheers to your continued happiness!
    Never heard of you. Some troll I guess. I am not even a big Watson fan so no agenda here on making something up. I know what I saw. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoilzag View Post
    Sallis, a McDonald's all-American, coming off the bench would be an interesting story that would probably get a lot of attention.
    Wasn’t suggesting Sallis would be coming off the bench, but I could see it happening as well. However, I think there is still going to be something of a Big 3 again this year with Chet joining Nembhard and Timme. Chet could very well be the most special basketball talent that the Zags have had. I think Jalen Suggs was a special athlete and competitor, but he is still working out the kinks in his shot as he focuses on basketball solely. Can’t project too much as these guys have yet to even practice together, and that frequently determines a whole lot. Chet is going to crush though.

There has been a ton of informative and excellent analysis.

Topic seems to have been impressively run through, time to close the thread IMO. All of us tend to get a bit chippy at times.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Smile

Hi DZ, why close a thread, an act of censorship, for chippiness. Moderators could ask a person to change their post to more respectful to get back into the thread. Anyway If Timme returns my prediction by early Dec is Chet, Hunter, Andrew, Timme and Strawther. If Holmgren had never considered us, our shining light and talk of the town, would be our highest recruit ever, Hunter Sallis (if it is the case that Suggs was a#6 and Sallis a #5) and we would be interested in comparing the two, and wondering if Hunter would have the same impact Jalen did. Right now I get the impression most people are not assuming Hunter will have the same impact - an assumption I am not willing to make. A lot of us remember the preponderance of outstanding plays Suggs made, yet his wild passion and aggressiveness also led to a considerable amount of frosh bumbles. His heedlessness and energy reminded me of an 8 mo old prize German Shepherd pup, who will later in life learn some craftiness, caution, and carefulness.
    My goodness these are good times for zag fans !!
    Somebody asked me 'what would you personally give up to have Suggs stay one more year, and I was surprised at both of our responses. Not a finger tip, not a toe, but quite a bit of cash it turns out.

I don't see why this thread should be closed either, but it is what it is I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    Hi DZ, why close a thread, an act of censorship, for chippiness. Moderators could ask a person to change their post to more respectful to get back into the thread. Anyway If Timme returns my prediction by early Dec is Chet, Hunter, Andrew, Timme and Strawther. If Holmgren had never considered us, our shining light and talk of the town, would be our highest recruit ever, Hunter Sallis (if it is the case that Suggs was a#6 and Sallis a #5) and we would be interested in comparing the two, and wondering if Hunter would have the same impact Jalen did. Right now I get the impression most people are not assuming Hunter will have the same impact - an assumption I am not willing to make. A lot of us remember the preponderance of outstanding plays Suggs made, yet his wild passion and aggressiveness also led to a considerable amount of frosh bumbles. His heedlessness and energy reminded me of an 8 mo old prize German Shepherd pup, who will later in life learn some craftiness, caution, and carefulness.
    My goodness these are good times for zag fans !!
    Somebody asked me 'what would you personally give up to have Suggs stay one more year, and I was surprised at both of our responses. Not a finger tip, not a toe, but quite a bit of cash it turns out.
    Perhaps you are right. Fortunately, I'm not in charge of those decisions.

It just seems like sometimes when evaluating potential, after a while it's just back and forth and can get more personal and kids get scarred a bit. But it's not a huge issue here. Thanks for pointing it out.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

yes, well it did get scarred and bouncy enough to cause Sean Harris and his son to deal with negative feelings they had after reading some of our Board. Definitely an elusive boundary for the mods to navigate and enforce. I will say one thing in our favor, however, after reading almost every other college's basketball board, we are one of the best. Some of them are filled with student's who shoot from the hip with a lot of locker room language, name calling and direct attacks. When I joined one the message board of another Northwest college's basketball board by announcing I was a zag fan as well as a fan of that college after awhile i was told to leave the anti zag feelings were so high. And I am fairly polite person when making posts.
    Such a privilege to be in zag nation and on this board. Good feelings running high for next season. Just can't wait!

Talking about players trying to decide where to go under the heading of "Whelping Box" might be more offensive to potential recruits than many comments on here.
    "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

good point,
    its hard to stand over the box containing the 'little puppies' of Chet Holmgren, Kaden Perry, Ben Gregg, Hunter Sallis, and Jalen Suggs, looking down at them saying they need some good whelping...
    whoever says that may not be feeling the same way when they all stand up.

I’d change the name too, but clearly not my call.

It's a weird name, but I don't think it means what you think it means.

Wikipedia:

"A whelping box, also known as a nesting box or whelping pen, is designed to protect puppies during birth (whelping) and early life by keeping them safely contained, protected from cold, and safe from the danger of crushing or smothering by the mother."

Not weird, a place for bulldog pups. Makes sense.

I have no idea about the rotation, but my expectations for next season are through the roof.

That’s pretty funny and shows my intelligence. The whole time I thought whelping box was like “oh whelp”.. like “not sure about this rumor but I’ll post it because I heard it from my sisters girlfriend who dated the roommate of a former player... oh Whelp”

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I have no idea about the rotation, but my expectations for next season are through the roof.
    Three McDonald’s all Americans, the number one player in the class, the preseason national player of the year, few as our coach, a third team big 12 player being maybe your 5th starter or first off the bench and Nembhard as pg... I will never say a year is championship or bust, but....

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    It's a weird name, but I don't think it means what you think it means.

Wikipedia:

"A whelping box, also known as a nesting box or whelping pen, is designed to protect puppies during birth (whelping) and early life by keeping them safely contained, protected from cold, and safe from the danger of crushing or smothering by the mother."
    I am aware of this. It still sounds more appropriate for a preschool than for college athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    I am aware of this. It still sounds more appropriate for a preschool than for college athletes.
    Exactly.
    "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Why not just change it to "Recruiting", or somesuch?

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Blasphemy!

Come to think it, “recruiting” has a nice ring to it. Where’d you come up with that?

Didn't the name of this forum come from Caldwell? He's basically gone so there's no reason to keep it for his sake.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Blasphemy!

Come to think it, “recruiting” has a nice ring to it. Where’d you come up with that?
    While watching the currrent episode of "Mayans". The show lends itself to clear thinking, because the plot is so lacking in humanity. I'll bet Jerry Jones binge watched the show prior to the NFL Draft.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    I like "somesuch".

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Didn't the name of this forum come from Caldwell? He's basically gone so there's no reason to keep it for his sake.
    "Whelping" sounds a little too gory to me.
    Bonjour tristesse.