Thread: Thank You Corey Kispert

Default Thank You Corey Kispert

An all time great Zag.

Great dude. Well spoken in the post game presser.

Thank you for this. We'll miss you Corey.
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Corey, you are a great Zag. The best is yet to come for you. Thanks for your blood, sweat and tears.

Thank you for being a great Zag and leader for the young players this season. Best of luck in the Association.

ZZ

This is just incredible: https://twitter.com/OssoKXLY/status/...848960/video/1

So proud of this team and this just makes me prouder!

I knew it be Corey who handled the post game. You couldn’t ask for a better representative of the program. He handled that press conference with such grace.

I thought he had some great words of wisdom about life in one of the last questions of his post game presser. Thanks for the ride in your four years Corey!!

Truly the type of kid that makes college sports great. What a class act!

The shot on court with about minute left of Suggs crying into his shoulder got me. What a veteran leader and class act. He will be sorely missed, what a great Zag.

Quote Originally Posted by SwainZag View Post
    The shot on court with about minute left of Suggs crying into his shoulder got me. What a veteran leader and class act. He will be sorely missed, what a great Zag.
    +1000

Class act all the way....that kid won ALOT of games. Best of luck to him. Loved watching him play.

He should come back for one more March Madness run.

Not sure how great of a pro Corey will be but he has been a TREMENDOUS ambassador for the program and a tremendous example to credit player development at GU. Not only is it a testament to the coaches, but to Corey himself. The guy worked himself into a heck of a college player. Congrats Corey. Seems like an ever better person than player and he was a damn good one that progressively got better and better.

Corey had a great year and hope he can carve out a good NBA career. This loss will sting a bit and linger but it will eventually subside.

Quote Originally Posted by SwainZag View Post
    All-time great zag and is a prime example of why I love the college game...Thank you Corey for a fabulous career, the enjoyment you gave my mother, father and I over the years. Thank you for representing the institution that we love......you have set a high bar for the next great leader of zagville and while I will wish you luck, my sneaky suspicion is life is awaiting you for whatever your dreams are and you wont need luck to be successful as you have demonstrated that characteristic time and time again
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Why I’m here.

“I want people to remember how much I cared.. Being a Zag means being a great son, brother, a great friend. I want people to remember me as someone who’s able to those things as good or better than what I do on the floor.”- Corey Kispert

Couldn't ask for a better example of a ZAG. Classy through and through.

Love that kid. The latest in a long line of great players and even better young men!!

Thanks, Corey, for a great 4 years.................

Go ZAGS

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Why I’m here.

“I want people to remember how much I cared.. Being a Zag means being a great son, brother, a great friend. I want people to remember me as someone who’s able to those things as good or better than what I do on the floor.”- Corey Kispert
    Class act. I am bummed he went out the way he did.
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Why I’m here.

me too jazz, what a great quote. love Corey, an all timer

Reflecting on it all, Kispert — a senior, an All-American, arguably the best player in program history, or at least one of the most totemic — was left to talk about this kind of experience: shared bonds, deep friendships, personal growth. “The word that comes to my mind is ‘grateful,'” he said, for Gonzaga, for his teammates, for everyone who helped make the season happen. There were good days and bad days, playing basketball in a pandemic, but in the end “this has been by far the most special six months of my life.” Kispert looked forward to seeing friends and family, and spending two weeks away from basketball to recharge. “Joy,” Kispert said, “doesn’t come without a little suffering.”
    Source: https://theathletic.com/2500792/2021...everyone-else/

Heartfelt congratulations to an alltime GREAT Zag ..... Corey Kispert.

It will be very interesting to see if my "9th Annual DZ one BOLD Prediction" comes to fruition. As a 1st Team (Top 5) AP All American Corey has taken care of the basketball half (and I'm hopeful he'll also be honored on the Academic side as well).

My official BOLD prediction: Corey Kispert becomes Gonzaga’s 4th member of the Bill Walton “Double/Double” club, joining Dan Dickau, Kelly Olynyk and Nigel Williams-Goss in making both the First Team (Top 5) Basketball All American and First Team (Top 5) Basketball Academic All American in the same season. Walton did it 3 times. This Century only 5 guys have done it. The 3 Zags mentioned above, Shane Battier (Duke) and D J Augustin (Texas).
    http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...49#post1527349

BTW it appears I may have missed UConn's Omeka Okafor "double/double" on the "Bold" prediction post.

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

NCAA TOURNAMENT wins since 2015
    Gonzaga 20, Nova 17, UNC 16, Duke 15, Kentucky 13, Michigan 13, Virginia 11, Baylor 9
    -----
    FINAL FOUR wins since 2017
    UNC 2, Nova 2, Virginia 2, Baylor 2, Gonzaga 2, Michigan 1, TexasTech 1, Kentucky 0, Duke 0, Kansas 0