Thread: 420

Default 420

No. Not that 420.

Tonight, Gonzaga's Men's basketball team lost for the 420th time since I arrived on campus as a freshman and started following Zag hoops. Since that day, I've known every score, and during the season, I have always known GU's record and place in the standings.

Gonzaga University, and it's Men's basketball program has been an incredible source of pride for me, Mrs. GoZags, my classmates, my GU friends and legions of die hards who've joined us on this journey.

Over the course of 48 seasons, I've seen some tremendous wins, and some difficult losses.

The one thing that always holds true, in victory and defeat, is the class our program displays -- on and off the court. nd this year's group of guys has been incredibly special and I will remember them (and their accomplishments

One thing has held true for every one of Gonzaga's wins -- and Gonzaga's losses over the years. They were playing an opponent who also desperately wanted to win. There have been nights where the ball has bounced in the Zags' favor -- and nights where it hasn't. Tonight, Baylor was clearly the better team. That being said, this year's group of guys has been incredibly special ... and I will remember them and what they've done for the rest of my life.

The sense of pride I feel for my school, it's accomplishments on and off the court -- simply can't be measured.

A Tip o' the Cap to Baylor, and here's hoping "421" doesn't happen for a loooooong time.

And in the words of our Beloved Fr. Tony ... "To be continued ..." Go Zags

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

NCAA TOURNAMENT wins since 2015
    Gonzaga 20, Nova 17, UNC 16, Duke 15, Kentucky 13, Michigan 13, Virginia 11, Baylor 9
    -----
    FINAL FOUR wins since 2017
    UNC 2, Nova 2, Virginia 2, Baylor 2, Gonzaga 2, Michigan 1, TexasTech 1, Kentucky 0, Duke 0, Kansas 0

My only pain is for the guys - they gave it everything they had. Proud to call each and every one of them a member of the Gonzaga family. To be continued!

Quote Originally Posted by drvenkman05 View Post
    My only pain is for the guys - they gave it everything they had. Proud to call each and every one of them a member of the Gonzaga family. To be continued!
    Yeah, Big D was crushed. There's a life lesson in there, but I'll worry about that tomorrow when I pick him up for school

Spot on GoZags -- I ride the same train all the way with you. The biggest pain in not the loss, it's the conclusion of a season that was so needed for most all of us. As the pandemic dwindles, and hopefully disappears soon, I can only remember the special time I had live last year March at the WCC Tournament in Vegas. This season was a bit surreal and remote, but also a blessing to bring joy and purpose to very difficult times for all.

I am saddened that the fans were not allowed to enjoy the show live, and what a show it was. Even more, I feel for the team and players that didn't get to have the fans at their side for the journey. The thought that they had no "Kennel" to call home in it's normalcy. They deserved to feel our love and support in person. Next year will be a new dawn.

We will be back and look forward to our trek to finally win that National Championship.

Go Zags - !!
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”