Thread: Hats off to the Baylor Bears and the Zags

Default Hats off to the Baylor Bears and the Zags

Baylor was the sharper team even in warmups. They took care of business, and the Zags just never really got going. This doesnít diminish the year they had getting this far, and Iím happy I got to see this team in person. I have a feeling that the Zags will return to this game again, albeit Iíll be surprised if they reach it unscathed ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    Baylor was the sharper team even in warmups. They took care of business, and the Zags just never really got going. This doesn’t diminish the year they had getting this far, and I’m happy I got to see this team in person. I have a feeling that the Zags will return to this game again, albeit I’ll be surprised if they reach it unscathed ever again.
    As we were leaving our venue, I congratulated a gentleman who was part of a raucous Baylor group. He said, "my team is Illinois, and we screwed the pooch." lol

I do admit, I was a little nervous when in the pre-game it was talked about how we just kind of had mental rest days in between the UCLA game and this one.

We just didn't come out as crisp as usual.

Sorry you couldn't see them win in person!

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    As we were leaving our venue, I congratulated a gentleman who was part of a raucous Baylor group. He said, "my team is Illinois, and we screwed the pooch." lol
    Yeah, I’m not going to get into the instances of poor sportsmanship. I’ll just say congrats, and leave it at that.

Baylor started 2 seniors and 3 juniors. Basically the same team they started last season and it showed. They are a remarkable team and eventhough its disappointing to loose at least it was a highly talented team to take the Zag's down.

Smile Congrats to Baylor

I really like Scott Drew. Great guy. If the Zags "have to lose," I don't feel horrible about losing to him and his Bears. Again, high fives and congratulations to Scott Drew's Bears.

Baylor Bears

:]

Vital is a load. Hope he tries out at tight end for the Seahawks.
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    Baylor started 2 seniors and 3 juniors. Basically the same team they started last season and it showed. They are a remarkable team and eventhough its disappointing to loose at least it was a highly talented team to take the Zag's down.
    The two games they lost, they shot well under 30 percent from 3. I felt that would be the key to our game, and I was unfortunately proven right.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddwell View Post
    I really like Scott Drew. Great guy. If the Zags "have to lose," I don't feel horrible about losing to him and his Bears. Again, high fives and congratulations to Scott Drew's Bears.

Baylor Bears

:]

Vital is a load. Hope he tries out at tight end for the Seahawks.
    They didn’t really have a guy to match Vital’s physicality. I am happy for Baylor’s players. I’m not a fan of their coach and it bothers me most that he is a national champion right now, to be perfectly honest.

Careful on the way back Mal. Long journey for a loss.

Turnovers. Baylor owned the boards. So many second and third shot opportunities for Baylor. End of story.
    "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

The two games they lost, they shot well under 30 percent from 3. I felt that would be the key to our game, and I was unfortunately proven right.
    Their classy coach blamed Covid for one of those losses.

The three has been our Achilles heel for years. I trust that Few will get it figured out. A stout defense is our next evolution and I think we’re moving in the right direction.

Baylor superior in every faucet of the game. We lost that game in the first 5 minutes. You could see Baylor had the killer instinct. I knew the 3 point line would be hard for us to control and my hope was that we would be respectable from 3. No need to discuss everything else, we all saw the same game. Hopefully Timme and Nembhard come back for another year.
    America's Team!

It'll be interesting Henne. NCAA granted everyone an extra year of eligibility. Who stays and who goes is always a fun exercise on this board. Further, more is always known after the Draft in June. I'd like everyone back for another run. And just add the best of the newcomers. I doubt that'll happen though.
    Kids will likely rest up, talk to their parents and coaches . Then make their decisions. Love of the college game has sorta melted away with the money out there as a competing option. Even the G league is luring kids away. I do know we'll have a very strong team next year. preseason wise, we should be at the top or top 5 then we prove our metal once again. Magic year this one we just finished. Undefeated till the final and superior strength the entire season with remarkable statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    It'll be interesting Henne. NCAA granted everyone an extra year of eligibility. Who stays and who goes is always a fun exercise on this board. Further, more is always known after the Draft in June. I'd like everyone back for another run. And just add the best of the newcomers. I doubt that'll happen though.
    Kids will likely rest up, talk to their parents and coaches . Then make their decisions. Love of the college game has sorta melted away with the money out there as a competing option. Even the G league is luring kids away. I do know we'll have a very strong team next year. preseason wise, we should be at the top or top 5 then we prove our metal once again. Magic year this one we just finished. Undefeated till the final and superior strength the entire season with remarkable statistics.
    Most early 2021-22 have us preseason number one. I imagine they are thinking Ayayi comes back which is wrong but won’t be adding Kessler yet which will happen.

I won’t expect a championship because that leads to disappointment, but it’ll be another fun year next year

Hats off to Baylor... they earned it. My only regret is the how. How Gonzaga lost. Now we will continue to hear, probably even louder after that game, from the vast population of idiots who follow P5 teams tell us how the Zags choke, Few can't win, weak conference, or whatever other BS they always throw out there.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    Baylor superior in every faucet of the game. We lost that game in the first 5 minutes. You could see Baylor had the killer instinct. I knew the 3 point line would be hard for us to control and my hope was that we would be respectable from 3. No need to discuss everything else, we all saw the same game. Hopefully Timme and Nembhard come back for another year.
    I think I tweeted after the first 5 minutes "Whelp, that game was over quickly". While I knew the Zags would fight and battle to the end, I just felt the officiating, the energy of Baylor, and poor shooting gave me the vibe that this was already to big of a hill to climb
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death