Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Love this team, Head up high

Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    Got embarrassed.
    I donít agree with that.

Tough loss. Disappointing game but a great season. How many days until next season starts?

Tough loss tonight, but an epic season. I’ll be hanging another Final Four banner in my basement! Think about how cool that is.

This is the real one from CBS.

I lasted 13 seconds...maybe tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevilGolfZag View Post
    Tough loss tonight, but an epic season. Iíll be hanging another Final Four banner in my basement! Think about how cool that is.
    yep epic season THANK YOU ZAGS
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Second to last sequence is Suggs’ shot. They can never take that from him (or us)!

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    This is the real one from CBS.

Thank you Zags, great season, special team, great memories!

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    I lasted 13 seconds...maybe tomorrow.
    I have the same issue most nights

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    Not sure why you can't just focus on the positive. Terrible post, please delete.
    I completely agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by JAGzag View Post
    They were crushed by a better team.
    Terrible post. What is wrong with you? You don't deserve to be a part of the club. This post really makes me angry!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jsnider View Post
    Terrible post. What is wrong with you? You don't deserve to be a part of the club. This post really makes me angry!!!!!!!
    Dude, be nice. Baylor was clearly the better team tonight and beat GU by 16 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    Got embarrassed.
    Your post is embarrassing - have a clue. Zags were beaten tonight but they WERE NOT embarrassed. They played their hearts out. The glass is half full - glad i don't live my life through your eyes.

A little perspective. Dean Smith went to 6 Final Fours and 3 championship games before he won his first. It stings now, but these players and every one before them are part of an amazing journey that is not yet at its destination. Thanks to all.

Dude, be nice. Baylor was clearly the better team tonight and beat GU by 16 points.
    Dude. I agree Gonzaga lost. But I do not believe they were "crushed by a better team" overall. For one night they lost. That is all.

Dude. I agree Gonzaga lost. But I do not believe they were "crushed by a better team" overall. For one night they lost. That is all.
    You should watch the game again tomorrow. GU was a 4 1/2 point favorite and had won 29/31 games by double digits. GU had an epic season but Baylor was clearly the better team tonight and GU lost by 16 points.

Gonzaga crushed USC by 19 points, 85-66.

Beaten by 16. Outplayed, outcoached, out toughed, led the entire game. Not crushed? Ok, and everyone gets a participation ribbon right? The better team won handily. Wasn't a contest. Doesn't mean our team didn't have a fantastic season. Baylor is the champion and removed all doubt. Easier to accept a beatdown than a squeaker.

Baylor was the better team. Love my zags but hard to watch that, especially in person and think anything otherwise.

I think 2017 stung more because it was a close game and I still believe GU was better than NC. This game was over early vs Baylor.

I think 2017 stung more because it was a close game and I still believe GU was better than NC. This game was over early vs Baylor.
    Agree 100%. Was at both in person and for some reason I was more bummed in ‘17. I don’t know why. Maybe you hit the nail on the head

I could care less about the undefeated season, the goal at the start of the season was to get to the Final Four and win a championship. The undefeated regular season was just a bonus. Final Four was accomplished and it was a great season. Getting to the championship game 2 out of the last 4 seasons ( 1 was canceled.) is dam good and probably would have done it last season.

Respect to Baylor they played a great game tonight. It doesn't take anything away from this team, they were a joy to watch and follow all year long. A very special group of guys that will never be forgotten. Coming up short hurts, but we aren't going anywhere.

This

What would be better? Owned, dismantled, out played, destroyed, exposed, dominated, out rebounded, made less 3s, had more turnovers, looked scared, out coached, scorched, beat down, fiasco, killed, pummeled, slaughtered, whipped, thrashed, massacred, burned, annihilated or creamed? Take your pick.

All would be applicable. Dude, Gonzaga was crushed 86-70. Next year will be better, just ran out of gas this season.

Tough way to go out, but a hell of a season. Hopefully itíll be like Duke getting smoked in 90 then going back to back!
    "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio