X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RenoZag
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

All-tournament team for Final Four: Butler (MOP), Mitchell (Baylor), Timme and Suggs from Gonzaga, Juzang from UCLA
    The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• gobroncsgozags
      Bleeds GU Blue
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by scrooner View Post
      Yeah, I'm not a fan either. It is forcing skill off the court at the highest levels of the game.
      Agreed.

Comment

• ballerstatus
        Bulldog Fan
        • Dec 2008

I felt like there was no scouting report done on Baylor. Hell they shoot from the three so well, you might as well let them drive and get 2.
        In order to win this game, you had to throw a lot of gritty play at those guys. Multiple zone sets, four rotating off the bench, ect. The problem is, that isnt Gonzaga. I knew an extra effective big man was needed earlier this year. Baylor besides being athletic was incredibly well coached. They rebounded with authority. Had we shot better from 3, boxed out, got some of their guys in more foul trouble, and mixed up the defense at the right times, who knows...but still I think Baylor was just too good. Gonzaga needs some productive bench players, something we definitely didnt have this season.

Comment

• ballerstatus
          Bulldog Fan
          • Dec 2008

In order to win that game, you couldnt play Zag basketball. You need 9 productive players thrown at a team that played that well to win.

Comment

• ballerstatus
            Bulldog Fan
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by spike_jr View Post
            They had 17 more rebounds and nearly 20 more shots than we did. We never played our game. Got outhustled and outcoached from the opening tip. Did not play Zag basketball. painful.
            In order to win that game, you couldnt play Zag basketball. You need 9 productive players thrown at a team that played that well to win.

Comment

• ZagaZags
              Banned
              • May 2010

Comment

Working...
              X