Default Gonzaga wins the title if....

Kispert shoots 40% and makes 6 threes.

If Zags Hold Baylor to 30% from 3.

What do you guys think?

Go Zags!

Drew and Jalen stay out of foul trouble
    Less than ten turnovers
    Zags make as many three's as Baylor

1.) If Gonzaga can hit the front end of one and ones.

2.) Stay out of foul trouble early.

3.) Have the easy shots go down.

4.) Need Kispert to hit (4-6 ) from deep.

Pretty much what posts 1 and 2 said.

Zags win if
    - they can hold on to the ball vs Baylor’s quick handed guards... 8-10 turnovers total for game or less
    - they can D up Baylor’s guards without letting them blow right past them for layups / seeking out Timme for contact & foul
    - win the battle of the boards
    He can move 15 ft to the left or right about as fast as my eyes can see it, his name could just as well be Hunter Hustle -ZagsGoZags 11/17/21

FREE THROWS!

They don't do anything different than what they have been doing all season long.

UCLA and BYU are examples of teams playing their A+ perfect games. Not an example of Zag deficiency. When a team hits almost every contested shot, you can't do anything more than congratulate their play, and you can't ask any more of the Zag players than what they have consistently shown all season. We are not collectively entitled to anything more from a historically great team.

If both teams bring their A+ game to the championship, you just tip your cap to the winner, and give them their fair due. Go Zags.

Please don't diminish these young men if they happen to lose. Give Baylor proper respect instead. Win or lose, the program will live to fight another day, and GU fans will never forget this team.
    I miss Mike Hart

Methow, WA (near a known Mark Few fishing hole)

If they score around their season averages, I'd say 85pts or better. Make Baylor uncomfortable shooting perimeter shots and feed Timme in the post. Stay true to our offensive philosophy and defend well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
    Surfmonkey89

Limit Baylor 3pt % to as low as possible.

Take care of ball - single digit turnovers.

Shoot at normal FG %.

If our first team AA plays how he is capable of playing.

If drew stays out of foul trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    If our first team AA plays how he is capable of playing.

If drew stays out of foul trouble.
    Yeah - Kispert needs to break out of his 3pt tourney slump in this game. Gotta leave nothing on the table.

...they limit Baylor dribble penetration. Part of this will be being there on the catch out on the perimeter. They can't be late on defense and closing out hard on Baylor because they'll exploit that and drive right by.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    ...they limit Baylor dribble penetration. Part of this will be being there on the catch out on the perimeter. They can't be late on defense and closing out hard on Baylor because they'll exploit that and drive right by.
    Honest question (as I am no coach) - is that way they do a lot of switching on the perimeter, to make sure there's always a body on someone in response to screens?

We score more points than Baylor.
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    Honest question (as I am no coach) - is that way they do a lot of switching on the perimeter, to make sure there's always a body on someone in response to screens?
    I’m not a coach but more of a neurotic fan, but one thing it does it makes the screen and roll easier to guard. The other way to cover screens is for the man who’s guarding the screener to come out extra high (hedging) to slow down the ball handler enough for the rest of the defense to recover. It also defends a potential shot from the ball handler.

Switching, if you have the guys for it, is the best option, in my opinion.

You can have the on-ball defender go under te screen but leaves the shooter wide open. Baylor’s better shooters will read that instantly and have the green light to take the shot every time.

If they just be themselves. When they are playing to their potential (which honestly I don't think we have actually seen to this point in the tourney outside of round 1) they are basically almost impossible to beat. They just need to bring their mojo to full potential.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Play loose and free, like they have nothing to lose.

12 TO's or fewer.

75% from the line as a team.

I'm still exhausted from Saturday's game...........................

Go ZAGS

I was thinking about something this morning while walking and listening to the Score Zags Score podcast - we know that UCLA played pretty much a perfect game and still lost. What happens if the Zags play their version of a perfect game against Baylor? Have they played a perfect game yet this season? Certainly seems like they are due. It feels to me that Kispert is the key to all of this. He's taken a backseat to the Timme & Suggs show throughout the tournament; if Kispert plays like he did earlier in the season (especially against Virginia) and everyone else executes like they have been these past 5 games, its game over.

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    I was thinking about something this morning while walking and listening to the Score Zags Score podcast - we know that UCLA played pretty much a perfect game and still lost. What happens if the Zags play their version of a perfect game against Baylor? Have they played a perfect game yet this season? Certainly seems like they are due. It feels to me that Kispert is the key to all of this. He's taken a backseat to the Timme & Suggs show throughout the tournament; if Kispert plays like he did earlier in the season (especially against Virginia) and everyone else executes like they have been these past 5 games, its game over.
    If the Zags play anywhere close to how they played against Virginia, we're 32-0.

Zags win if the USC defense shows up. If the OK or UCLA defense shows up, Zags lose. No doubt in my mind the Zags will score. Need our A-game defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by caduceus View Post
    FREE THROWS!

I have been looking forward to this nite all season .......Come out of chute 1 with your hair on fire and be foaming at at the mouth, I will be 87 shortly I can't wait to much longer for this win to take place!!
    And PLZ make those ft's no more bunnies and GO ZAGS
    ROB

Timme limits foul trouble, and puts it on Thamba & Vital instead. Of course, everone knows that Vital doesn't commit fouls, har har, but statistically speaking...

Thamba 6.5 fouls per 40
    Vital 4.8 fouls per 40
    Timme 3.3 fouls per 40

Quote Originally Posted by TacomaZAG View Post
    Play loose and free, like they have nothing to lose.

12 TO's or fewer.

75% from the line as a team.

I'm still exhausted from Saturday's game...........................

Go ZAGS
    This.... They seemed a little tight at times on Saturday. Play loose and free like we've seen all year and I believe they will win. I do believe FTs will be a key in this game - but also think the better 3pt shooting team will have the upper hand.

They win if they play their average game.....that is the reason they are the favorite by about 4 points....
    Last edited by bartruff1; 04-05-2021 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Timme limits foul trouble, and puts it on Thamba & Vital instead. Of course, everone knows that Vital doesn't commit fouls, har har, but statistically speaking...

Thamba 6.5 fouls per 40
    Vital 4.8 fouls per 40
    Timme 3.3 fouls per 40
    Yeah sure seems like getting Timme off the floor via foul trouble would be a big component of their game plan. Everything runs so much more smoothly when Timme is on the floor as he is a linchpin.

70 points in the paint and 80% free throws and Zags win.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?