• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zagceo
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2013

Where were you when

Suggs hit “THE SHOT”?

Rancho Mirage With wife and GU roommate.
  • billyberu
    Bleeds GU Blue
    • Feb 2007

Hanging out at the homestead on the lower Methow River with my stepson and two dogs alternatively screaming, pacing, praying, having awful flashback memories, and then the shot heard 'round the world. Pure ecstasy.
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
    Surfmonkey89

Comment

• Zags11
      Banned
      • Mar 2008

In my brothers game room.

Comment

• gmo
        Bleeds GU Blue
        • Feb 2007

Lucas Oil Stadium with my friend from college jumping up and down so hard I possibly injured myself (ha).

Comment

• demian
          Professional Zag Fan
          • Feb 2007

In my living room by myself

Comment

• zagamatic
            Zag for Life
            • Aug 2009

In my living room watching my wife crying on the floor because she had thought we lost on the put back by UCLA. She didn't see the game winner until the replay.

Comment

• TheOtherGreatOne
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

I was setting in my recliner with my little dog setting in my lap.When the shot went in I yelled Noevell Jr., my dog looked at me like I was crazy, and my wife told me to shut up what's the matter with you ? I always yell Norvell Jr. when a Zag hits a 3pointer., but never as loud as I did then.

Comment

• HenneZag
                Zag for Life
                • Aug 2012

On a gas leak working, but I had my phone up with the homeowners and we celebrated together...
                America's Team!

Comment

• tummydoc
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2013

Originally posted by zagamatic View Post
                  In my living room watching my wife crying on the floor because she had thought we lost on the put back by UCLA. She didn't see the game winner until the replay.
                  That shot tied, not a go ahead shot

Comment

• CarolinaZagFan
                    Zag for Life
                    • Dec 2007

Upstairs in the man cave by myself. Watched the first half in the living room with the wifey. It was the first game she’s watched this year, so we were convinced the tight game was her fault. To assure victory, I went up to the lucky man cave and made her turn on Bravo. Don’t worry, tomorrow night I won’t let her watch a second of it lol.
                    "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

Comment

• McZag
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Destin, Florida with my wife kids and parents. Happy Easter and Go Zags!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      sigpic
                      Gonzaga Basketball
                      Exhibiting Character Since 1907

Comment

• zag67
                        Zag for Life
                        • Sep 2007

Upstairs watching the game on the TV in the bedroom I then let out the loudest scream that was heard through out the whole house. My wife does not follow basketball so I moved upstairs for the last half. My yelling was pretty loud.

Comment

• zagamatic
                          Zag for Life
                          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by tummydoc View Post
                          That shot tied, not a go ahead shot
                          I know, but she had thought that it put UCLA ahead in the moment with only 3.3 seconds left. She thought for sure we had lost.

Comment

• JPW314159
                            Kennel Club
                            • Mar 2010

Alone in my living room, in a puddle of spilt drinks from the Suggs block of a dunk, followed by
                            the save from out of bounds, followed by the fantastic bounce pass to Timme. My wife was watching
                            with me until the scream on that play, the chocolate milkshake went flying, the diet soda also hit the
                            floor, and she fled to a safer place. Later when THE SHOT was made, the loudest noise ever heard in our neighborhood emanated from my house. By now my wife was convinced that something BIG was
                            happening (she saw 'the runner' with me in a sports bar in Addison, Texas, 4 days after our wedding
                            on 3-18-99). She remained isolated until I came up and gave her a short recap. It went sort of like
                            AUGHHHHH AUGHHHHHH AUGHHHHH. She said she would watch the replay in the morning.
                            So the next morning (was that today?) she watched the game from the Suggs block, save, dunk,
                            then calmly continued to observe until Suggs shot THE SHOT, and knowing something good happened,
                            because, you know, I told her all the details last night, SHE SCREAMED like crazy. And that's about
                            the story of our marriage. We only scream when absolutely necessary. This was absolutely necessary...

Comment

• ZagsGoZags
                              Zag for Life
                              • Nov 2007

I was in my living room close to 55" screen with sports buddy.

When they tied the game with the lay-in with less than 10 seconds left,
                              I was commenting to him that without Andrew's NERVES OF STEEL 3 pointer, we would not be going to overtime. I was saying I thought we would take them in overtime because they cannot play out of their minds forever.
                              Then the Suggs shot from halfway between the top of the key and half-court. My body flew up towards the ceiling like Musk's Space X rocket was powering my butt. I am still hoarse from hollering about that shot. When we recruited Suggs I commented somewhere on our board we needed a go-to guard, like Deladovada (sp?) to have the ball in his hand in the last seconds of a close game. Damn. Suggs is that man, if we are close at the end of game with Baylor I hope Few will put the ball in his or Andrew's hands again.

Comment

Working...
                              X