Thread: The Demons Have Been Exorcised

Default The Demons Have Been Exorcised

Jalen Suggs is the Exorcist.

Let's win on Monday.

I would have brought an extra gallon of holy water, but ya, i feel ya.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

Quote Originally Posted by krozman View Post
    I would have brought an extra gallon of holy water, but ya, i feel ya.
    We probably have a gallon or two at our house. There's also a priest at a nearby parish who blesses water...Saint Torelli water. We have several cases of that, too.

Go Zags

Go Zuggs

Yeah., Go Zags!

- i feel a release, as if i'm free of regret, free of hate
    - oddly i even feel an empathy for ucla, as if we are now of kindred spirits.
    - i feel as though i'm reconciled with my adversary. (i hope with time ucla fans will feel likewise)

Yea 06 no longer bugs me. Seriously.

fate and bad luck dealt us a blow in 2006,
    fate and good luck dealt us a victory in 2021
    justice in the world to enjoy now

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    - oddly i even feel an empathy for ucla,
    NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Robzagnut View Post
    NOT!

Pretty well healed that wound. In previous threads there were comments about the 2015 win over UCLA in the tourney exorcising the 2006 loss. Not even close for me. That just seemed another tourney game. 2006 was a rip your heart out loss. This one was a rip your heart out loss. I'd still rate 2006 as a bigger rip since we were ahead by so much. But when your heart is ripped out so suddenly, not sure the level matters much.

The best thing about this?

Truth is finally beginning to prevail.

There were so many influential voices that never intervened when the haters assaulted Gonzaga as a program. But it seems now...... folks with an influential voice, that embrace truth and believe their eyes, seem increasingly hesitant to lend a platform to those that create false narratives designed exclusively to diminish and tarnish. Those influential voices are finally speaking up and they are doing so because they know what is good for the sport. They know that there is no substitute for excellence and any attempt to substitute an alternate reality that pitches poor quality basketball as greatness is not good for the game. The casual fan can tell the difference between great basketball and bad basketball. They know when folks are blowing smoke up their a$#. They know that the name on the front of the jersey isn't a credible license to pawn mediocrity. For the good of the game there had to be more objectivity and it had to include the truth.

Plus.....ESPN can recognize a good product when they see it. We owe thanks to that network for believing in GU for well over a decade, but really, it is all being driven by market forces. Great quality sells, Mark Few consistently delivers, and it has always been that way.
    Last edited by MickMick; 04-04-2021 at 08:25 AM.
    I miss Mike Hart

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Jalen Suggs is the Exorcist.

Let's win on Monday.
    Perfect...absolutely perfect......

Quote Originally Posted by MickMick View Post

There were so many influential voices that never intervened when the haters assaulted Gonzaga as a program. But it seems now...... folks with an influential voice, that embrace truth and believe their eyes, seem increasingly hesitant to lend a platform to those that create false narratives designed exclusively to diminish and tarnish. Those influential voices are finally speaking up and they are doing so because they know what is good for the sport. They know that there is no substitute for excellence and any attempt to substitute an alternate reality that pitches poor quality basketball as greatness is not good for the game. The casual fan can tell the difference between great basketball and bad basketball. They know when folks are blowing smoke up their a$#. They know that the name on the front of the jersey isn't a credible license to pawn mediocrity. For the good of the game there had to be more objectivity and it had to include the truth.

Plus.....ESPN can recognize a good product when they see it. We owe thanks to that network for believing in GU for well over a decade, but really, it is all being driven by market forces. Great quality sells, Mark Few consistently delivers, and it has always been that way.

The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Quote Originally Posted by MickMick View Post

good one Mick, I really appreciate this post