Thread: So that happened

Default So that happened

I was pacing... so worried UCLA was going to take the lead on their last possession... instead Juzang takes Corey inside but then misses his first shot. My hopes rise until Juzang grabs his own board and lays it in uncontested to tie. I glance at the clock, 3.3 seconds... I see Jalen racing up the floor and he lets it fly.

I drop to my knees as the ball goes through the net. A howl of joy escaping as I then face plant into the living room carpet, glasses tossed I know not where.

A moment I will not forget; I'm sure none of us will forget.

Quote Originally Posted by kdaleb View Post

I drop to my knees as the ball goes through the net. A howl of joy escaping as I then face plant into the living room carpet, glasses tossed I know not where.
    Exactly what I did. Then repeatedly beat the floor in joyous jubilation.

Methow, WA (near a known Mark Few fishing hole)

Quote Originally Posted by Club Prez View Post
    Exactly what I did. Then repeatedly beat the floor in joyous jubilation.
    I beat my ceiling a bit too hard I'm afraid. Fortunately, I can patch drywall.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
    Surfmonkey89

I was a bit different, guys.

I was resigned after seeing the put back, and already thinking about "Got to get up even more next time, guys"

As he pulls up, I'm simply watching, didn't occur to me once it could go in.

It banks in, I just dropped my head silently and let out a giggle with a shake of my head, "Of course that's what happened, of course," laughing to myself bc I really felt it only afterward, never the anticipation that it could happen on that particular play. Just win in 2OT
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

I was also preparing myself (to borrow under a blanket and peak out occasionally) for a second overtime. That game was giving me flashbacks to the 2 OT Arizona game in 2003.)

I literally jumped off the couch screaming YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS SSS! And then was shaking for about 20 minutes.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    I was a bit different, guys.

I was resigned after seeing the put back, and already thinking about "Got to get up even more next time, guys"

As he pulls up, I'm simply watching, didn't occur to me once it could go in.

It banks in, I just dropped my head silently and let out a giggle with a shake of my head, "Of course that's what happened, of course," laughing to myself bc I really felt it only afterward, never the anticipation that it could happen on that particular play. Just win in 2OT
    My reaction was similar. More of an open mouthed stunned silence.

I laughed, thought of Stepp & Morrison, Said " Take that you "nothermuckers" at the TV, then went about the business of texting, calling, etc., for the next hour. It was a jubilant catharsis.

Neighbor across the street texted me. "I heard you screaming over there, and I know why. Congratulations! What a game!"

The best part of being a sport fan is the highs and lows and the suddenness with which they happen. I was glad I didn’t have to yell last night because I blew my voice out Saturday night.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Maybe this is bad.

I'm going through a tough personal situation, single dad now, and after 3 minutes, I could just tell that we couldn't run and rebound with that NBA team. It was glaringly obvious to me that this wasn't going to happen and I would just get angrier and angrier.

I shut the TV off at the first TV timeout, I checked the score and cost the team 5 points with 2:00 in the first half.

And that was it.

BUT, the good thing was that instead of the emotional up/down thing, I spent more time talking to my daughter, goofing around with her. All that. It was a good night, she supported me like a 13 year old girl "To get to the last game is really good!" "Yes, that's true sweetie," and then just changing subjects. My job to care for her, not the other way around.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Maybe this is bad.

I'm going through a tough personal situation, single dad now, and after 3 minutes, I could just tell that we couldn't run and rebound with that NBA team. It was glaringly obvious to me that this wasn't going to happen and I would just get angrier and angrier.

I shut the TV off at the first TV timeout, I checked the score and cost the team 5 points with 2:00 in the first half.

And that was it.

BUT, the good thing was that instead of the emotional up/down thing, I spent more time talking to my daughter, goofing around with her. All that. It was a good night, she supported me like a 13 year old girl "To get to the last game is really good!" "Yes, that's true sweetie," and then just changing subjects. My job to care for her, not the other way around.
    Good choice. Kids > basketball, even if it's going well. When Monday night happens... then it's a no brainer.