Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GU vs Baylor - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

83-81 Gonzaga

Zags 85
    Bears 80
    GO ZAGS!!!

I would love for Kispert to hit a couple threes early and get his mojo back. We need his offense. Other then that, I just want to see the good guys left standing in the end!

Gonzaga 83
    Baylor 78

Go Zags!

Honestly, I am at peace with whatever the result is tonight. I desperately want the Zags to win. But this is a title fight unlike most we have seen in the tourney for a good while. These truly are very evenly matched teams.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Bulldogs 83
    Bears 77
    The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

I hope to see a slow day at work tomorrow. Gonna be worthless tomorrow.
    "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

Well, I'll just go with what I predicted when I filled out my bracket.

Zags over Bears 84-76.

Who controls Timme for Baylor dont think they have anyone that can

Can they get Timme into foul trouble....dont think so

Can we match up to their 3 and 4 guard lineup and run them off the three line .......KEY TO GAME
    can we keep them off the offensive glass...........KEY TO GAME

Up and down pace but we get 2 different 3 set stops and win by 8

88-80
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

You have to wonder if the Zags will have enough gas left in the tank when they face a very, very talented Baylor team tonight. Not from the physical standpoint but from the mental aspect. Will Saturday night be Gonzaga’s only “One Shining Moment” moment ?

After the cancellation of last year’s tournament, college hoops fans are getting a 5 star title game match-up that appears (from an analytical view) to be a toss-up.

In football, defense wins championships. I think the same applies to college hoops. I think the Bears have the better players on “D” so in my head, I think they’ll win because of it. In my heart, I think the Zags win because Few and the program have been knocking on the door of a title for two decades now, it’s time they were let in to the building that houses the roster of teams who’ve won the National Championship. Doing it as the first undefeated team since 1976 would be the icing on the cake.

I'll go with my heart for the prediction: Gonzaga 77, Baylor 76

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Honestly, I am at peace with whatever the result is tonight. I desperately want the Zags to win. But this is a title fight unlike most we have seen in the tourney for a good while. These truly are very evenly matched teams.
    - peace, always the best place to be.
    - i tell myself i too am content, whatever the outcome. i pray i'm being 'honest' with myself.

Zags by 7
    I mean lucky 7

GU 82
    Baylor 75

Go Zags!

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    You have to wonder if the Zags will have enough gas left in the tank when they face a very, very talented Baylor team tonight. Not from the physical standpoint but from the mental aspect. Will Saturday night be Gonzaga’s only “One Shining Moment” moment ?

After the cancellation of last year’s tournament, college hoops fans are getting a 5 star title game match-up that appears (from an analytical view) to be a toss-up.

In football, defense wins championships. I think the same applies to college hoops. I think the Bears have the better players on “D” so in my head, I think they’ll win because of it. In my heart, I think the Zags win because Few and the program have been knocking on the door of a title for two decades now, it’s time they were let in to the building that houses the roster of teams who’ve won the National Championship. Doing it as the first undefeated team since 1976 would be the icing on the cake.

I'll go with my heart for the prediction: Gonzaga 77, Baylor 76
    one could psychoanalyze the event vs UCLA in the opposite.....can this provide them the motivation and reinforce the belief it is destiny, that they can persevere through an average game and still win, that they now have a second chance to bring their A game

I believe these young men are champions at heart and will push the game aside, be thankful for the win and advance and come out tonight playing at a very high level.........letting the chips fall where they may so long as they give it their best effort
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Kispert 5/18 from 3 last 2 games for 27% shooting. We need him to be consistent tonight. This will be a slugfest.

Zags 81
    Bears 78
    America's Team!

The game can't be legendary unless it goes down to the wire.

We need another memorable buzzer beater for historical context. We need folks talking about this for the next decade. We need ESPN to show the same video clip for the next 20 years.
    I'll say 91-90.
    I miss Mike Hart

Quote Originally Posted by MickMick View Post
    The game can't be legendary unless it goes down to the wire.

We need another memorable buzzer beater for historical context. We need folks talking about this for the next decade. We need ESPN to show the same video clip for the next 20 years.
    I'll say 91-90.
    I share this sentiment yet dont think this game will be close.

Given the styles, strengths, & situation, I feel either Gonzaga OR Baylor wins by 10+ pts.

Each team presents a unique strength over the other.

If Baylor shoots their average or above from 3pt, as they did last game, good night us.

If we don't panic, stay out of foul trouble, which is easier said than done, and hit our average from 3pt, then I think it's us.

Their guards are stronger but not better, yet still more rested. We have been on an emotional roller-coaster past 48 hrs.

Baylor shoots and drives, we pass and run. They can defend and offensively rebound, we can score in a variety of ways and pass like lightning.

Baylor doesn't lose if they are ON from deep (anything sub 40% would be huge). Gonzaga doesn't lose when we play our style and don't press it.

Suggs has been on every front page from here to Dubai. All eyes on him. Will he feel pressure to be the hero or play like he normally does?

Baylor has said their goal is to go at Timme and limit our transition. One of those will be paramount, esp Timme. How will the refs call it underneath?

Baylor is much deeper so our bench really needs to have an impact tonight. A nice rebound or good defensive play here and there won't be enough imo. They will need a couple buckets as well. Watson and Cook missed easy open looks last game.

Kispert must show up from behind the 3pt line. The majority of those shots haven't even been close. Baylor has 5 guys shooting 40+% from 3pt. We have 1. We know they will make shots, we must at least shoot our average. Even if Corey could hit 40% this game would be a life savior. He's been contributing in different ways, yet how else to keep Baylor honest on D and prevent from sagging? He might be the key to it all.

Suggs doesn't need to be a hero tonight, rather control the pace, the ball, the team. Distribute. Get all involved. He will, yet when LeBron and Co tweeting about you for 2 straight days, well, can have an affect on anyone. Good thing Jalen is all team guy, about the final result. Also, curious on his hand/ankle/stomach/hip from last game.

Nembhard mid range game. Huge. Both passing and shooting.

Ayayi needs to stay aggressive and on a tear. He's been terrific lately. Balls to the wall. His rebounding and defense incredibly important tonight.

Again, Timme got called for some tick tack fouls, and we need him on the court for 35+ mins to have a chance imo.

A great matchup. Baylor 3pt shooting and depth worries me. Their bench has been their MVP this tourney. The engine. The starting guards have been inconsistent. Hoping that continues as well.

I just feel one team won't be able to sustain nor contain the other for all 40 mins.

That could be us....or them.

If Timme stays on the court, Corey shows up from 3pt, & Suggs maintains control, limits TO's, we win by 12-15.

If any one of those above don't work out, then Baylor by 12-15.

I'm rooting for an all time classic yet not seeing it like that...

I think it will be our night though.

With Baylor's depth I expect they are going to throw men at Timme. We need Watson to step up, get some stops and not allow easy buckets, get some rebounds and just give his average on offense. Kispert needs to hit his shots, block out and get some boards. He really should have blocked out Johnny J. on that put back. Zags to win by 6.

Quote Originally Posted by jayray View Post
    With Baylor's depth I expect they are going to throw men at Timme. We need Watson to step up, get some stops and not allow easy buckets, get some rebounds and just give his average on offense. Kispert needs to hit his shots, block out and get some boards. He really should have blocked out Johnny J. on that put back. Zags to win by 6.
    Kispert attempted to box out Timme's guy, who was already sealed...always box out the shooter. That made me cringe yet led to the single most exciting game-winning shot in Zag history! And maybe Top 10 in Sports history! Notice I said 'shot' and not 'put back'

Limit Baylor's 3 point shooting. In their two losses this year, they shot less than 30% from 3.

Limit the need to help on defense, that's how they generate wide open looks.

Trust in Few, Lloyd, Powell, and Michaelson.

83-76 GU

Just win. I'm hoping that Timme and Kispert get off to good starts as this will not allow Baylor to cheat towards the paint or the three point line. Play D and rebound those long misses by Baylor

Same as every game in my opinion. If we are fully engaged on defense, take care of the ball, and rebound defensively, we will win the game.

I see no reason to alter or adjust what we have been doing all year, in this game. I could see this game being an all time game or a blow out, depends on how the teams show up. I’m going with a close, hard fought game

Zags - 83
    Baylor - 78

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

91-82 Zags.

Why not another barn burner.

'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Wearing my original 1999 Elite 8 shirt. I've done my part. GU can go the other 99.99999%
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

Catholics- 89
    Baptists - 74

I am surprisingly at peace just over an hour before tipoff. Just feels like Timme is going to be close to a triple double and Kispert is going to start the game driving hard and drawing fouls, then stretch out to 3 when they start anticipating the drive. Going to go with:
    Zags 84
    Baylor 76