View Poll Results: The BZ Bulldog of the Game - UCLA - National Semi-Final - 04. 03 . 2021 ??

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • Timme

11 8.66%
  • Kispert

0 0%
  • Suggs

89 70.08%
  • Cook, Jr.

0 0%
  • Nembhard

0 0%
  • Ayayi

18 14.17%
  • Other. . .(and why )

9 7.09%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The BZ Bulldog of the Game - UCLA - National Semi-Final - 04. 03 . 2021

Watched the reruns, checked the stat lines, and realized I could make a credible case for any of the starting five. So, as a conclusion not a cop out, I voted other: TEAM. Not an inappropriate vote for the entire season either!

Spectacular game and a bookend with the disastrous fade in 2006 loss to UCLA. UCLA played so well, and also holds four of the seven titles won by undefeated teams.

Now, for the game and opponent we’ve awaited all year.

Go Zags! Beat Baylor! And put a check mark in the only open box in open in Coach Few’s resume for the Hall of Fame: “Won National Championship?”

You have to be kidding.....Suggs is simply amazing...the most "refuse to lose" player ever at Gonzaga

SUGGS......The thing about Jalen....if he makes a bad play on offense..he will turn it up on defense. The guy has HUGE heart. Dtrw was also lights out....and Nemby steadied things and made a Great shot. Joel also had a GREAT game.....We needed EVERYBODY tonight. GREAT WIN!

I voted "other' and I've never ever done that. Despite the heroics of Suggs it was really a team effort, the starting 5 all had big plays that saved GU's bacon. If I was forced to choose a single person it might be Suggs but it would be hard to separate his play from the others. Without Joel in the first half they would have been toast. Timme was a stud late in the game. Kispert hit some big shots as did Nembo, and of course then there was SUGGS FOR THREE!!!
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Ayayi, Timme or Suggs. It’s a pick ‘em.

Each was player of the game at different points.

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinZag View Post
    Watched the reruns, checked the stat lines, and realized I could make a credible case for any of the starting five. So, as a conclusion not a cop out, I voted other: TEAM. Not an inappropriate vote for the entire season either!

Spectacular game and a bookend with the disastrous fade in 2006 loss to UCLA. UCLA played so well, and also holds four of the seven titles won by undefeated teams.

Now, for the game and opponent we’ve awaited all year.

Go Zags! Beat Baylor! And put a check mark in the only open box in open in Coach Few’s resume for the Hall of Fame: “Won National Championship?”
    Voted Other as well for same reason.
    Ayayi career high in pts in FF
    Timme delivering over and over
    Nembhard some onions of his own w the OT 3 and feeding the post
    Suggs...of course: the block, the pass, the shot..the game
    Kispert: not knocking down threes like he can (and will need to Monday) but still impacted the game and stayed in it...offensive board and outback before Bruins last possession was huge.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

I voted other as I felt it was a tie between Suggs and Timme. Timme's 3 quick baskets at the beginning of overtime, plus the charge he got on Jazang at the end of regulation time. Suggs becasse of the blocked shot on Riley and the beautiful half court bounce pass that followed and his game winning 3 pointer from left field.

Go Zags!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Voted other. Was leaning toward Suggs for the shot and the block, but ultimately couldn't leave out Timme with the 6 points in OT and the charge at the end of regulation. It's a tie in my mind

i have to go with Ayayi,
    highest percentage shooting of all zags 9 for 12 attempts,
    most rebounds on whole team
    he carries us during various crucial parts of game keeping us from getting way behind
    two steals
    hits 2 of 3 three point attempts
    got to the 50 50 balls as well as any player on the court,
    timme got 25 points yet joel got 22,
    some of our younger players made lots of mistakes as well as great plays,
    i can't remember ayayi making many mistakes, some of his fouls, imo, were 'good fouls'

I still haven’t voted. I have to go back and review all the performances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by CdAZagFan View Post
    Had to go with Suggs... the block, the bounce pass and the game winner. Unbelievable.
    Thought that play was going to be #2 on ESPN’s top ten with the historic #1 play of the tournament. It wasn’t, but at least they got it half right.

Voted Suggs.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

As much as I always avoid doing so, I had to pick other. There were so many efforts that saved this win for the Zags. If any one of them don’t happen Zags lose.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    I still haven’t voted. I have to go back and review all the performances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I didn't vote the previous game. This one, I was the 5th or 6th person to vote. Went with Suggs for the game winner, but it was more than that, though.

Thanks for including me in the PM's on Jalen's play after the block. It looked to me like he had both feet back in bounds before he touched the ball, and Gene Steretore apparently agreed with me. This was even better than his 3/4 court pass to Joel several games back.

Voted for Joel. Career high 22. Made his 1st 8 shots.

Zag's aren't in the game without his 1st half performance.
    But we don't play nobody.