Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 46

Thread: It's Game Day. Gonzaga vs UCLA. Final Four 2021

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12,721

    Default It's Game Day. Gonzaga vs UCLA. Final Four 2021

    Good morning ZagNation. It's Game Day, and it's the best day of the week.

    Wow! It's just after 6 a m here, and 3 a m back home in Washington. So most of you are still asleep dreaming about the game today. I like getting up at 6 and seem to almost every game day. I JUST cannot sleep in. I wake up to pee, and Gonzaga gets on my mind and I can't get back to sleep. Game Day is just too powerful for me. And for you too. So let's get our best Zag gear on and get ready to cheer our guys on. Let's get ready to rock and roll. I am so excited about this game day because we get to play UCLA, and they may just be my favorite team to BEAT. And not because I don't like them, but because I love who they once were. John Wooden's UCLA. This ZAG team does remind me of THOSE UCLA teams. America will see that today.

    Today our Zags are playing UCLA. I really don't have to say anything about UCLA because everyone knows who they are, and our relationship with them. For me it's an honor to be playing them because of who they are and what their history to basketball is. So I have no ill feelings about them. Just respect. But havin said that, I know that true respect also means that our boys will come out today with all they have and play their best. That's what John Wooden basketball is all about. I think Wooden would have loved to have coached THIS Gonzaga team. I expect nothing but the very best from our boys.

    UCLA's new coach is NOT John Wooden. He's a very tough minded coach and his players will be. And honestly, when he coached at Cincinnati I never really cared for his team and the way they played. IMO he does not have the offensive genius that Mark Few has, and although UCLA plays great defense, they can not contain Gonzaga's really great offense. Also UCLA has a couple really good offensive players. We know that. But, imo, they do not play like a TEAM the way Gonzaga does.

    So Fight Fight Fight and on to V I C T O R Y!!!!

    Go Zags!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,503

    Default

    Go Zags!

    Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk


    The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

    “They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,949

    Default

    Go Zags

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laguna
    Posts
    7,774

    Default

    GO
    ZAGS

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Let’s go! Today I’m going probably waste the whole day waiting for the game to start.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,737

    Default

    Out at the beach this morning, and for reasons that aren't important I keep a lot of old gear out here that the wife prefers I store elsewhere (lol). Rummaging through the basement last night I found a box of old hats and t-shirts, with a good bit of Zags gear. Am wearing one of Zags baseball caps now drinking my morning coffee.

    One of the GU caps I found has "Zags Sweet Sixteen" on the front with "1999 2000 2001" on the back. Seems quaint now.

    GO ZAGS!!
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,503

    Default

    There's a wide variety of "Pre Game" viewing available beginning at 9:30am PT and leading up to the Baylor / Houston game tip at 2:00pm

    CBS Sports Network

    9:30am - 11:00am: March Madness 360

    ESPN-HD

    11:00am - 2:00pm: ESPN College Game Day. Will also include coverage of the Women's Final Four

    CBS

    11:00am - Noon: "At the Final Four"

    Noon - 2:00pm : "The Final Four Show."

    Enjoy the festivities !

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Millwood, WA
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Go Zags !
    humanity is one family ... with one heart

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    10,590

    Default

    Now I can start my day, Reborn's Game Day thread gets me going.

    We had a curveball thrown at us yesterday afternoon. A few El Paso in-laws are in town, and there's a big get together planned this afternoon. My daughter, Big D's mom, was rightfully ticked off at the last minute notice. I heard another screed from my better half about the importance of family over, gasp, a basketball game.

    I laid out my plans for today, for which I allowed no further discussion...arrive at Twin Peaks in Valley Ranch in time for the second half of the Baylor game, so we'll be there in plenty of time for our game.

    If she wants to stay longer at the family gathering, my wife can catch a ride home with one of her sisters.



    ETA: Today is MY day to spend with my other family, my Gonzaga Basketball family.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    University Place, WA (aka Chambers Bay)
    Posts
    5,384

    Default Beat UCLA

    Big Final Four game today.

    Get it done, Zags.

    "To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

    NCAA TOURNAMENT wins since 2015
    Gonzaga 20, Nova 17, UNC 16, Duke 15, Kentucky 13, Michigan 13, Virginia 11, Baylor 9
    -----
    FINAL FOUR wins since 2017
    UNC 2, Nova 2, Virginia 2, Baylor 2, Gonzaga 2, Michigan 1, TexasTech 1, Kentucky 0, Duke 0, Kansas 0

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    19,043

    Default

    Go Zags

    You know what the goal is
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Get done, no injuries and move on.

    Go Gonzaga.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Now I can start my day, Reborn's Game Day thread gets me going.

    We had a curveball thrown at us yesterday afternoon. A few El Paso in-laws are in town, and there's a big get together planned this afternoon. My daughter, Big D's mom, was rightfully ticked off at the last minute notice. I heard another screed from my better half about the importance of family over, gasp, a basketball game.

    I laid out my plans for today, for which I allowed no further discussion...arrive at Twin Peaks in Valley Ranch in time for the second half of the Baylor game, so we'll be there in plenty of time for our game.

    If she wants to stay longer at the family gathering, my wife can catch a ride home with one of her sisters.



    ETA: Today is MY day to spend with my other family, my Gonzaga Basketball family.
    I feel your pain, TZF. It seems like every other year I hit a snag like this. This year I figured out how to watch Creighton in a hotel room during campus visits (in Ann Arbor, of all places). Nicely navigated!
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,921

    Default

    Reborn thanks again for doing this through out the year. Now to hope for one more. This has been such a super year, it is hard to believe it is almost done. They have been so much fun to watch and you never know who is going to step up today. But the players seem to find that player and feed them the ball. Go Zags and play a super defense.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    19,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gueastcoast View Post
    Out at the beach this morning, and for reasons that aren't important I keep a lot of old gear out here that the wife prefers I store elsewhere (lol). Rummaging through the basement last night I found a box of old hats and t-shirts, with a good bit of Zags gear. Am wearing one of Zags baseball caps now drinking my morning coffee.

    One of the GU caps I found has "Zags Sweet Sixteen" on the front with "1999 2000 2001" on the back. Seems quaint now.

    GO ZAGS!!
    East Hampton? Jones Beach?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    10,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gueastcoast View Post
    I feel your pain, TZF. It seems like every other year I hit a snag like this. This year I figured out how to watch Creighton in a hotel room during campus visits (in Ann Arbor, of all places). Nicely navigated!
    LOL, my daugher was much more direct than I was. She has become an inveterate Zag fan.

    She had so much fun meeting players and parents after the Virginia. I was happy for her, it was her first experience meeting players and their families. She was at the pregame social in Omaha, but we were unable to see any players after the Creighton game.

    We're all pretty much done with pro sports, the Zags (and the Mean Green of UNT) are all we have left to root for.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    East Hampton? Jones Beach?
    East Hampton (Wainscott). A beautiful morning for a Zag victory!
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,404

    Default

    Today is the passing of the torch.

    What I most want to see is . . . .Monday!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    19,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gueastcoast View Post
    East Hampton (Wainscott). A beautiful morning for a Zag victory!
    Sister has a place there. Underwood Drive. Closer to the Sound.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    sierra foothills
    Posts
    14,275

    Default

    good morning everyone!

    Go Zags

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    206

    Default

    GO ZAGS - Hoping for another “Statement” win tonight. Leave no doubt as to who the best team is this year!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,032

    Default

    UConn was a 13.5 favorite over Arizona. Our spread is about the same. I'm sure the guys took notice of that.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    seattle, spokane
    Posts
    3,790

    Default

    what a way to wake up
    nobody says what i feel about the zags better then REBORN

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    10,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    what a way to wake up
    nobody says what i feel about the zags better then REBORN

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    17,250 miles East of Spokane
    Posts
    18,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    UConn was a 13.5 favorite over Arizona. Our spread is about the same. I'm sure the guys took notice of that.
    Yeah, thought the same. “Pac12 team takes down huge favorite in the semifinal game!”

    If it’s possible for a Final Four game to be a trap game, this is it.

    Go Zags!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •