Thread: 13 ridiculous stats that show off undefeated Gonzaga's historical dominance

Default 13 ridiculous stats that show off undefeated Gonzaga's historical dominance

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...ticle-carousel

Great article, though I don't want to get overconfident...

With their 85-66 victory over USC, the Bulldogs set an NCAA record by recording their fifth straight 30-win season.

Gonzaga’s record of 61-2 is the best in the nation in the 2020s.

The Zags were second-best from 2010-19 with a record of 304-56, one victory behind Kentucky.

Gonzaga’s 264-66 record from 2000-09 was third behind Duke and Kansas.

Gonzaga has won 27 consecutive games by double digits, which is the most by any team in the last 60 years.

The Bulldogs have won 29 of their 30 games by 10 or more points. The one that wasn’t: West Virginia, a five-point victory.

All season long the Bulldogs have paced the nation in scoring margin, winning by an average of 23 points per game. The teams with the second and third-largest scoring margins, Houston and Baylor, are potential opponents in the national championship game.

With the exception of five games this season, the Zags have had at least four double-digit scorers in every game; five in six games, six in one game (at Pepperdine), and seven in one game (at Portland).

Gonzaga could become the 19th national champion to lead the nation in scoring margin, but just the second in 11 tournaments. The 2012 Kentucky Wildcats are the only team to achieve that feat since North Carolina in 2009.

The Bulldogs also rank first nationally in scoring offense (91.6), field goal percentage (54.9) and two-point percentage (63.7).

Nice data collection from a poster from a state with two final four teams. Team with stats like those could be #1 in the final poll of the year.

Go Zags!

but but but, that doesnt fit the national narrative that we don't play anybody!

If you're a program that has the potential to go from a 2 decade winning dynasty to another 2 decade national championship winning dynasty, you gotta emotionally deal with every argument possible to bring you down.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

Default Now here's a stat that I REALLY like

Most NCAA Tourney wins since 2015

Gonzaga - 19
    Villanova - 17**
    UNC - 16*
    Duke - 15*
    Virginia - 11*

* = National Championships

I am hoping against hope that I can "re-post" this list in a few days ... with an "update" that includes another * (asterik)

“To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
    ——-
    Some cherry picked stats

Most NCAA TOURNAMENT wins since 2015
    Gonzaga 20, Nova 17, UNC 16, Duke 15, Kentucky 13, Michigan 13, Virginia 11, Baylor 9
    -----
    Most FINAL FOUR wins since 2017
    UNC 2, Nova 2, Virginia 2, Baylor 2, Gonzaga 2, Michigan 1, TexasTech 1, Kentucky 0, Duke 0, Kansas 0

VERY pleased to update this post:
    -----

Gonzaga - 20
    Villanova - 17**
    UNC - 16*
    Duke - 15*
    Virginia - 11*

I am hoping against hope that I can "re-post" this list tomorrow ... with an "update" that includes another * (asterisk)

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post

Gonzaga - 19
    Villanova - 17**
    UNC - 16*
    Duke - 15*
    Virginia - 11*

I am hoping against hope that I can "re-post" this list in a few days ... with an "update" that includes another * (asterisk)

——-
    Some cherry picked stats

Gonzaga 20, Nova 17, UNC 16, Duke 15, Kentucky 13, Michigan 13, Virginia 11, Baylor 9
    -----
    UNC 2, Nova 2, Virginia 2, Baylor 2, Gonzaga 2, Michigan 1, TexasTech 1, Kentucky 0, Duke 0, Kansas 0

I think you can throw in the UCLA v GU box score as a 14th ridiculous reason. I can’t believe they weathered that storm.

GoZags, shouldn't the asterisk read "National Champion"? If it is national championship you can update already cuz we're there.

Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    GoZags, shouldn't the asterisk read "National Champion"? If it is national championship you can update already cuz we're there.
    I don't understand. The asterisks represent "Nattys" since '15 (when our cute little run of 6 straight Sweet 16's ... and beyond began). We don't have a Natty ... yet (although I like our chances tomorrow).

——-
    Some cherry picked stats

-----