Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Four Discussion Thread - 3 April

Default Final Four Discussion Thread - 3 April

Saturday Games on CBS

Baylor v Houston at 5:14pm Eastern, 2:14pm Pacific

Gonzaga v UCLA at 8:34pm Eastern, 5:34pm Pacific

Hope I didn't post this too early, but I wanted a place to discuss the first game of the day! Who are you rooting for to win this game? And who do you think we would match up better against if we get past UCLA? This might not be the same answer.

Incidentally, as the higher seed I think we should have been given the early game for more rest/prep time afterwards. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Hope I didn't post this too early, but I wanted a place to discuss the first game of the day! Who are you rooting for to win this game? And who do you think we would match up better against if we get past UCLA? This might not be the same answer.

Incidentally, as the higher seed I think we should have been given the early game for more rest/prep time afterwards. Oh well.
    Zags are boffo ratings in prime time. Especially vs UCLA.

I want Baylor/Gonzaga. The pundits want Baylor/Gonzaga. America wants Baylor/Gonzaga.

The flirtation with Illinois during the last few weeks of the season notwithstanding, everything has been building to this. Give the people what they want!

(FWIW, I think we'd run Houston out of the building)
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Anybody feel like we'd match up better against Baylor than against Houston? Or is it a foregone conclusion that Baylor would be tougher for us? I've seen a lot of Baylor this year, but very little of Houston.

Anybody feel like we'd match up better against Baylor than against Houston? Or is it a foregone conclusion that Baylor would be tougher for us? I've seen a lot of Baylor this year, but very little of Houston.
    I want Baylor. Sampson has already said he doesn't want to play the Zags. We aren't "The Sisters of the Lowly Poor", or whoever that was.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by gueastcoast View Post
    I want Baylor/Gonzaga. The pundits want Baylor/Gonzaga. America wants Baylor/Gonzaga.

The flirtation with Illinois during the last few weeks of the season notwithstanding, everything has been building to this. Give the people what they want!

(FWIW, I think we'd run Houston out of the building)
    And this is the exact reason why we'll wind up with Zags-Houston

- early in the season i understood the fascination of a gonzaga vs.baylor match up. both undefeated, #1 and #2 in the polls, both at the top of the analytical numbers.

- but this in the ncaa tournament! it is all about match ups, match ups, match ups. nothing else should matter come tournament time.
    - every year, i always 100% of the time root for the team to win that i think we will match up best against.
    - that is why i was rooting for ucla (even though i hate them) and that is why i think it is a no brainer to root for houston. if the bracket was oral roberts vs bayor, i'd be pulling for oral roberts. to hell with some mythical dream match up, give me the team gonzaga is best suited to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    - early in the season i understood the fascination of a gonzaga vs.baylor match up. both undefeated, #1 and #2 in the polls, both at the top of the analytical numbers.

- but this in the ncaa tournament! it is all about match ups, match ups, match ups. nothing else should matter come tournament time.
    - every year, i always 100% of the time root for the team to win that i think we will match up best against.
    - that is why i was rooting for ucla (even though i hate them) and that is why i think it is a no brainer to root for houston. if the bracket was oral roberts vs bayor, i'd be pulling for oral roberts. to hell with some mythical dream match up, give me the team gonzaga is best suited to beat.
    I'd settle with Baylor winning in a 5 overtime game.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    I'd settle with Baylor winning in a 5 overtime game.
    In a game with actual reffing, no Baylor starter would still be on the floor through 5 OTs.

All this Baylor-Houston talk is making me nervous and for some reason I don't think I'm nervous enough about UCLA.

I knew a guy who went to Ohio State, went to Med School at Ohio State, did his residency at Ohio State and his first job was with Ohio State. The guy moved out west but he kept his football tickets in the family. He told me that he actually couldn't even watch the games anymore bc he cared too much. He will watch highlights after wins.

I am nowhere near that but I can now sort of relate a bit.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Truthfully, I don't want to talk about it either, but that game is on first. So.....I'm not sure who to root for in that game! Maybe I shouldn't watch it

In a game with actual reffing, no Baylor starter would still be on the floor through 5 OTs.
    Then that means under my wish, each Baylor starter would have no more than 3 fouls. We saw what happened against TX Tech, same thing here.

Just tuned in to the pregame stuff before Baylor/Houston tip-off and first guy talking is Kenny Smith...ughhh.
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Just tuned in to the pregame stuff before Baylor/Houston tip-off and first guy talking is Kenny Smith...ughhh.
    Switch to ESPN love fest.

Can't root for any team that Kelvin Sampson is connected to. Go Bears.

From NCAA Media Coordinator & Statistics:

Double milestone night for the Baylor-Houston game. This will be the 3,500th tournament game in DI MBB history. It will also be the 200th #MarchMadness game played in the state of Indiana, which joins North Carolina (257), California (210) and Ohio (204) in the 200-club.

Nantz with his usual ego trip PA deal.

Have never seen a player jump clean over an opponent before.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

I think Houston will school Baylor.
    If you want to be happy tomorrow, think good thoughts today--Bud Fisher

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    Have never seen a player jump clean over an opponent before.
    That was quite the opening play!
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

I find myself rooting for Houston for some reason.
    Meyer is a bucket

I dunno.

Physically, it looks like an NBA team against a college team
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Either will be heckuva test.

Quote Originally Posted by zag buddy View Post
    I think Houston will school Baylor.
    I think the exact opposite.. Baylor by 10+.