Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GU vs UCLA - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

93-79

Gonzaga!!!

Heavy favorite....another trap game.....just win and move on......

81-73 Gonzaga

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Against teams that attempted to slow the tempo AND limit turnovers, we didn't get into the 80s. I think that's going to continue (although I'd love to break triple digits). I say:

Bulldogs: 78
    Not the bulldogs: 61

Quote Originally Posted by adoptedzag View Post
    Against teams that attempted to slow the tempo AND limit turnovers, we didn't get into the 80s. I think that's going to continue (although I'd love to break triple digits). I say:

Bulldogs: 78
    Not the bulldogs: 61
    yep think they will deploy the St Mary tactic of air out of ball whenever possible shots from a 1 on 1 engagement end of shot clocks
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

GU 84
    UCLA 63

90 - 69 Zags.

Its going to be another blowout, with the 2nd unit coming in around the 8 min mark and letting UCLA claw back a little bit of the score. The greatest confidence I have is the fact that the Zags do all of their scoring WITHOUT relying on 3-pt shots. They've had super cold nights from beyond the arc and they still put up 85+ points. UCLA simply can't run with them and can't guard the constant motion. UCLA is going to try to stand in front of the train, and it ain't gonna be pretty. No one is stopping this team.

87-62 Zags

Blow out win by Zags.
    Go Zags!

Survive and advance. Anything else is meringue.

This...

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Survive and advance. Anything else is meringue.
    But I prefer the Key Lime Pie.....with the Cool Whip topping.....or the Chocolate cake with icing...

Zags 95-67

Methow, WA (near a known Mark Few fishing hole)

I'm hoping for a big game from Kispert. He has been mostly quiet throughout this tournament as teams scheme to limit scoring opportunities for him. I think he gets hot and not necessarily from range.

Zags roll by 25+ points as UCLA is a poor man's St. Marys and lack the knowledge to slow down this juggernaut known as Gonzaga.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
    Surfmonkey89

We have to give them some credit for making the Final Four, even as an 11 seed.

79-69 Zags
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Zags come out focused and with the fire that has brought them this far. Jump on them defensively, force turnovers or bad shots, followed by that sweet transition offense. Donít force things, but play under control. The Bruins canít score with the Zags, so just get ahead by making plays in transition. Zags win 82-62.

GU 92-63

ZAGS 85 UCLA 64

Go Zags ! Beat the Bruins !
    GU - 82 UCLA - 68

Angry Two Games

Score, Score More, a poem
    <ahem>
    This's for real,
    Relentless in doin's!
    Zags run up the score,
    Leave Bruins in ruins!

-------
    Zags - 88
    Bruins - 71

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

The Zags just need to play the Zags game....everything else will take care of itself.

:

I am nervous about the fact that I was very worried about USC and am not even slightly nervous about UCLA. That's probably wrong.

I will be nervous by game time, though.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Zags 88
    UCLA 74
    One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Croninís squad just held a Michigan team averaging 76 ppg on the season to 49 pts. after they scored 86, 82, 76 in three prior tourney games. Donít sleep on Bruins ZagNation! Zags pull out a close win:

Zags 73
    Bruins 65
    But COY Juwan was worth 15 points.........for the Bruins

UCLA is sneaky good. Michigan had alot of wide open looks, I believe they missed there last 8 or 9 shots. Questionable shot selection as well. This Zags squad won't be held to under 70 points.
    America's Team!

Gonzaga 82
    UCLA 69

This should be a real good game with good tempo. Zags bench is stronger, imo. And we have a little more talent, honestly. They just can't keep up with us. I'm just hoping to see what I always see...GREAT PASSING, GREAT CUTTING MOTION, TERRIFIC DEFENSE, AND GOOD OUTSIDE SHOOTING...Ninja shooters come alive.

Love to watch Timme deal with their post players. This should be fun. One of the is pretty tough, but too often gets into foul trouble. Timme will destroy the other one, imo. UCLA fans better hope the tougher one doesn't get into foul trouble.

Hoping to see us make at least 10 three's. We can do it.

Would love to see Timme steal a ball again. That was just so cool.

Love to see the magic of Numbhard. Love him.

Go Zags!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

I think we know which GU team is going to show up. The one that wants to crush the other team. The only question remaining then is which UCLA team shows up? They rarely lose BAD (USC stomped them once but very few others took these guys to the woodshed, as you'd expect of a Cronin team) but they aren't a team that is capable of boat racing the Zags either. I think that will be the corner the Zags try to back them into but on paper that is much easier said than done. UCLA doesn't turn it over and love to play slow. Transition points could be scarce, so the half-court offense is gonna have to be clicking.

I think the best version of UCLAs team somehow gets this game into the low 70s for both teams and has life left with under 5 to go. They'll need help from the Zags missing shots for that to happen. Maybe they take a page out of Oklahoma's book and ISO their wings for one-on-ones repeatedly to try and keep their side of the score up. They need more than one or two scorers here, it will be interesting to see how they approach this game. (other than, obviously, playing very slowly.) I imagine this could be a lot like playing SMC. If they successfully control tempo, it could be hard (very hard) to cover that spread if they're also getting some shots to fall.

I worry that the betting hype (never seen this much talk of a spread before) gets into players heads on both sides of the ball and influenced the outcome. Hoping our guys are cool enough to brush that off if they're up 10 or down 10. None of it matters once the ball is tipped.

ALL of that said, I think this team is just too damn good and is peaking right now. I think there is a >50% chance this one is never close.

Zags 88
    Bruins 67
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!