Thread: No Big Ten Teams in the Final Four

Default No Big Ten Teams in the Final Four

That is all.

Only 2 of 4 from the power conferences, if the PAC 12 is considered a power conference this year.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Aww, that’s a shame

All 4 teams west of the Mississippi. First time ever.

Default Big 10 country

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    That is all.
    Plus, in big 10 country to boot. It looks like Iowa has Bohannon coming back now though....

Quote Originally Posted by kyle dixon View Post
    Plus, in big 10 country to boot. It looks like Iowa has Bohannon coming back now though....
    No offense, but Iowa was overrated due to Garza. Even with Bohannon coming back, they will finish in the mid- to bottom-half of the B1G.
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

So west coast and gulf coast best coasts?
    SOUND VOLTEX EXCEED GEAR

伝説になんてならなくていい。It does not need to become a legend.
    常に新たな礎を作っていけばいい。It should always make new foundations.
    これからもずっと。Always.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Only 2 of 4 from the power conferences, if the PAC 12 is considered a power conference this year.
    4 in the Sweet 16, 3 in the Elite 8 and 1 in the Final 4 and you're going with this? Okay then. By far the best performance of any conference in the Tourney.

someone should calculate how much the PAC 12 got in revenue from their NCAA tourney wins thus far. It's gotta be good.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

Has anyone checked on Dan Dakich.

Sorry Michigan fans. It’s too bad you can’t face this Gonzaga team who would “finish fourth” in your conference.

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Has anyone checked on Dan Dakich.

Sorry Michigan fans. It’s too bad you can’t face this Gonzaga team who would “finish fourth” in your conference.
    Not to mention they haven't been tested enough

Why don’t they just join the WCC? Then they could play a weak schedule that doesn’t get them ready for the big tournament. They wouldn’t be ready to regularly go to the sweet 16, elite 8, and final 4. By playing Portlan, LMU, and Pacific, they probably all go undefeated with nothing but double digit wins and achieve historically great efficiency levels.

Battle tested irony

Quote Originally Posted by Stache View Post
    Why don’t they just join the WCC? Then they could play a weak schedule that doesn’t get them ready for the big tournament. They wouldn’t be ready to regularly go to the sweet 16, elite 8, and final 4. By playing Portlan, LMU, and Pacific, they probably all go undefeated with nothing but double digit wins and achieve historically great efficiency levels.

Battle tested irony
    What these power conferences need to do is play their conference tournaments a week early, like the Zags do. ESPN wouldn't like it, but the players can use an extra week to recharge and heal up before the tournament.

I couldn't be happier. I AM so glad Michigan got beat. I don't like their style of play at all. Their center is the biggest "dirty player" I can think of accept for Sam Han who played for Saint Mary's. He is constantly pushing his defender, and gets away with it. It was sooo nice to see him missing one big shot after another at the end of the game. I've never liked Big 10 basketball. Now the good news. There are 2 teams from the West Coast and NO teams East of the Missippi River. The West has Risen this very special year.

Go Zags!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    I couldn't be happier. I AM so glad Michigan got beat. I don't like their style of play at all. Their center is the biggest "dirty player" I can think of accept for Sam Han who played for Saint Mary's. He is constantly pushing his defender, and gets away with it. It was sooo nice to see him missing one big shot after another at the end of the game. I've never liked Big 10 basketball. Now the good news. There are 2 teams from the West Coast and NO teams East of the Missippi River. The West has Risen this very special year.

Go Zags!
    I'm just pleased we don't have to listen to more of the same krap about how Juwan is the nonpareil example of athlete turned coach, guy who loves his alma mater, how beloved he was in the NBA, how he really formed the Fab 5, how much he needs a haircut, was a key player at Moderna.....enough, basta, stop! He might be a cool guy, but the CBS/TBS propaganda was nauseating. Once Nanny and the Boozer and Blessed Grant started calling him simply, "Juwan," and the honey shots during the game kept increasing, well, as Kramer says, up there, I was already gone.

As fan who has seen GU be so skilled but sometimes have difficulty matching up athletically across the board again power conference teams early on in this run, It has been almost a "gotta pinch myself moment" that happens frequently when I see the Zags play all of these teams and they are so much more athletic than everyone else. I haven't feared many teams because their guards have looked so slow. I feel a bit bad for a Michigan team that lost one of their best players, because the remaining team had length but looked slow and pedestrian for long chunks in this tournament. In general, teams have maybe one guard who can give GU fits. This is where Baylor stands out, in my opinion. I think they have the best chance at making it hard on the Zags' perimeter defense.