Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It's UCLA

Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaZagFan View Post
    Nope. My obnoxious friends who still, and will forever, tell me that the bruins should have won this game, will forever tell me that this game was fixed
    Didn’t you hear their coach, they did win.

Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    Yup, just as heartbreaking tonight for them. We are finally even.
    Agree. For the program and the fans. I'm good.

Respect to the Bruin players. But Cronin get none of mine. Classless in his post game comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianZag View Post
    Respect to the Bruin players. But Cronin get none of mine. Classless in his post game comments.

^truth^

Yeah, he said they "won" (except for a lucky 50 foot bank shot), and made every excuse in the book. So typical of this man. Keep your false notions, Micky. We're playing Monday, despite your "win." ➹➹➹

Not really a fan of Cronin but I watched the post game and didn’t find him to be that bad. I didn’t catch anything too classless. What exactly did he say that is getting everyone worked up?

Did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    Did I miss something?
    Comes across as pure DICK to me. But maybe I am a bad judge of character. Actually, I think I am pretty good at reading people.

His guys shot out of their minds the whole game and says " well they won by a bank shot from half court" Total ######!

Plus the whole slow it down beat the f#@% out of your opponent, disregard the passing and beauty of real basketball approach. Fu@% Cronin, total Douch!

My take on Cronin's comments were that he is a competitive guy who just lost a heartbreaker and hasn't had the luxury of seeing the replays. Few called Suggs's shot lucky. Suggs said he didn't think it was going in. So, I'm not upset with Cronin's take and appreciate his comments about Coach Few. Ball don't lie.

Sent from my ASUS_A009 using Tapatalk

I understand he was standing up for his team but a coach that loses one like this typically has gracious things to say about the team they just lost to. He said nothing and only said it was a luck shot. Poor loser really in that regard.
    One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Look at that face. Pugnacious in more ways than one.

Default It's UCLA

UCLA’s performance was insanely good. They were hitting ‘bad’ shots all night...didn’t miss.

Look at this shot chart. UCLA is light blue to the left.

https://twitter.com/eamonnbrennan/st...734663168?s=21

They shot from everywhere and made them. I really didn’t think that they could adjust their style to this type of game but they did. And almost pulled it off.

It took otherworldly performances from Timme, Ayayi, and a defensive effort by Suggs to get this win.

This let the country know that there is some hoops going on on the West Coast.

'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by GrizZAG View Post
    I understand he was standing up for his team but a coach that loses one like this typically has gracious things to say about the team they just lost to. He said nothing and only said it was a luck shot. Poor loser really in that regard.
    I did not like the "luck" - In part bc I don't think there was any luck involved. Jalen got down the floor into a good spot and put it on line.

I did like that he said that his kids did everything he asked them to do.

I think that was the compliment. And, in part, it's just that we were so favored, and so loaded, it's almost like he doesn't need to say anything.

I didn't see anything offensive.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

We only took 1 corner 3??